fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Hannah 3.6 old (Romania)

More
31 Oct 2013 17:49 #12252 by adeline.hritcu
Hi,

Reposted from 28 aug 2013:

Hi,

Hannah is Heidi's younger sister

She does not like the piano as mch as Heidi and she does not ask for a piano lesson yet but I hope she will like it more as she practices more.

As I said with Heidi, I also used all the free demos I had with Hannah. So she can read notes some but she likes me to help her a lot with placing her fingers on the keyboard and pressing them...she likes to be the baby sister.

As challenging as it is we try to follow the academy curriculum for young begginers and we just finished our 2nd week.
Hope to post some videos soon.

Reposted from 21 sept 2013:

I use Chrome. The problem must have been with the fact that I was trying to upload videos here.
Put Hannah on youtube now here:

The only thing Hannah can play from memory: short but sweet.

A short moment of Guess Key:

Hannah exercising Hannon:

It seems every time that she does it faster backwards than going up. Is this a right handed thing or is it just Hannah?

Thank you for your time, and any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Reposted from 11 oct 2013

Hi Hellene,

thank you for your answer.
Could you please explain what perfect pitch development means? I am guessing it means that she has a good chance to develop a good musical year. Am I close?

Another topic is that we had some wonderful progress with Hannah as her interest has grown a little toward playing. She now too gets up in the morning and runs to the piano and plays the only thing that she knows by heart: the exercise Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol, Sol-Fa-Mi-Re-Do with the right hand. At first she only played right hand and after the first I told her she should try doing it with both hands.
So she tried, the result was not what I expected, but it was cute and special: with the left hand she plays Do+Sol every time she hits Do and Sol with the right hand. And while she is playing the other notes she keeps her left hand down. This is great, she could not do it before...and she still can't do it while playing any other piano piece...but the practice surely helps.

We also started besides Hot Cross Buns on the French Song, since Hannah wasn't pleased with the fact that her sister uses 5 fingers on the right hand while playing and she only has a song with 3 fingers ))

I have a question regarding the academy site: I there a way users can post comments, progress, questions there or the main activity tracking will still be done on this forum?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!
Adeline

Reposted from 18 0ct 2013:

Back with some more progress in our diary.

Hot Cross Buns, 2 hands:
40/42 t39
41/42 t39
42/42 t22

Guess Key game:
74p t1:36

Guess Key Game, one of the longest games until now :)

As I mentioned in the post below Hannah still presses the right hand keys every time she presses a key with the right hand. French song (sight reading).

And here is Hannah's own composition. As I mentioned in a previous post, this is her favorite piece and she likes to wake us up with it in the morning.
This is the only piece she can play keeping her left hand down for several keys on the right hand. .... a good start.
She likes this piece a lot, you can see it by her smile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2013 17:52 #12253 by adeline.hritcu
The wonderfull SM card game:

Surely all childrn like it. I am thinking of starting it with the children from my bibleschool class.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
01 Nov 2013 00:21 #12254 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hannah 3.6 old (Romania)

adeline.hritcu wrote: The wonderfull SM card game:

Surely all childrn like it. I am thinking of starting it with the children from my bibleschool class.

Great job, Hannah!
Yes, this simple game is very important for children to play! It is very foundation of music literacy!

Back to the Mozart

More
01 Nov 2013 01:35 #12257 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hannah 3.6 old (Romania)
It took me awhile to read, watch and find time to comment on your post, but I find it very important to do for many reasons.

adeline.hritcu wrote: Hi,

Reposted from 28 aug 2013:

Hi,

Hannah is Heidi's younger sister

She does not like the piano as mch as Heidi and she does not ask for a piano lesson yet but I hope she will like it more as she practices more.

It is hard to believe that Hannah doesn't like the piano. She is doing outstanding job being just 3-year-old girl. I watched all of her videos and very impressed with her development!

As I said with Heidi, I also used all the free demos I had with Hannah. So she can read notes some but she likes me to help her a lot with placing her fingers on the keyboard and pressing them...she likes to be the baby sister.

She IS a baby :lol: Smart, intelligent, but a baby!

As challenging as it is we try to follow the academy curriculum for young begginers and we just finished our 2nd week.
Hope to post some videos soon.

Reposted from 21 sept 2013:

I use Chrome. The problem must have been with the fact that I was trying to upload videos here.
Put Hannah on youtube now here:

Yes, as you noticed, all what we need to do is to place the address from the browser and the picture of the video is already in your post.

The only thing Hannah can play from memory: short but sweet.

A short moment of Guess Key:

Hannah exercising Hannon:

It seems every time that she does it faster backwards than going up. Is this a right handed thing or is it just Hannah?

I think, it is just Hannah ;) I never saw anything like this before. In fact, most of beginners struggle with playing Hanon #1 backwards.

Thank you for your time, and any suggestions or comments are welcome.

I see natural process of learning. Even your gentle tactile help with Hanon 1 sounds vey reasonable to me.

Reposted from 11 oct 2013

Hi Hellene,

thank you for your answer.
Could you please explain what perfect pitch development means? I am guessing it means that she has a good chance to develop a good musical year. Am I close?

Yes. Andrea's son Alin developed such ear: he plays Guess Key witrh the closed screen. Perfect pitch means instant translation of any sound into a note name. She will be able to write music dictations down, play by ear any new song, compose... oops... she started composing already! :lol:

Another topic is that we had some wonderful progress with Hannah as her interest has grown a little toward playing. She now too gets up in the morning and runs to the piano and plays the only thing that she knows by heart: the exercise Do-Re-Mi-Fa-Sol, Sol-Fa-Mi-Re-Do with the right hand. At first she only played right hand and after the first I told her she should try doing it with both hands.
So she tried, the result was not what I expected,

As parents and teachers we have to learn not to expect anything. Another important thing is not to compare. Each child is unique and for each child music education will be serving different needs and filling different gaps.

but it was cute and special: with the left hand she plays Do+Sol every time she hits Do and Sol with the right hand. And while she is playing the other notes she keeps her left hand down. This is great, she could not do it before...and she still can't do it while playing any other piano piece...but the practice surely helps.

Yes! She is at 'BOTH HANDS COORDINATION DEVELOPMENT' stage. It is very challenging to keep one hand down and move the notes in another. But this exercise is extremely important for corpus callosum development (not just for music education)

We also started besides Hot Cross Buns on the French Song, since Hannah wasn't pleased with the fact that her sister uses 5 fingers on the right hand while playing and she only has a song with 3 fingers ))

Peer pressure :P in a good way!

I have a question regarding the academy site: I there a way users can post comments, progress, questions there or the main activity tracking will still be done on this forum?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!
Adeline

Adeline, we are going to remove this site. It was a wonderful idea, but way too many technical obstacles and other difficulties. We are going to keep this forum as our Academy platform. We are also planning to open section for Subscribers (if we will need it). The fact is: we need to communicate and see each other progress. Many of us are very creative and their videos and pictures priceless. Here we have better communication and kids love to watch each other playing. Here we can make piano/music learning contagious.

Reposted from 18 0ct 2013:

Back with some more progress in our diary.

Hot Cross Buns, 2 hands:
40/42 t39
41/42 t39
42/42 t22

Guess Key game:
74p t1:36

Guess Key Game, one of the longest games until now :)

I see her attention span developed already!

As I mentioned in the post below Hannah still presses the right hand keys every time she presses a key with the right hand. French song (sight reading).

She is at the looking for keys/notes stage. Will have enough 'room' in her mind for coordination challenges very soon!

And here is Hannah's own composition. As I mentioned in a previous post, this is her favorite piece and she likes to wake us up with it in the morning.
This is the only piece she can play keeping her left hand down for several keys on the right hand. .... a good start.
She likes this piece a lot, you can see it by her smile.

It is very remarkable! I placed it on our facebook page.

Back to the Mozart

More
25 Nov 2013 22:06 #12403 by adeline.hritcu
Hi,

- as an answer to you latest response:
It is also helpful to me as a guide for my girls what you have to say about their progress and the fact that you take time to watch all the progress videos of our children. This is what makes soft mozart very unique and valuable.

After the last post when you said that I can start with Heidi on the Level1 songs, we decided to have a recital for my parents ans sister and brother in law as an appreciation of their progress.
Heidi was very nervous and could not play, but Hannah was brave and played very well under the circumstances.
She puts her tongue out when she is nervous :)

- as a progress post about Hannah:
We started on Jingle Bells for about 2-3 weeks as we are getting in the Christmas spirit.
She did not memorize Hot Cross buns, nor French Song. I am not sure if a child her age should memorize a piece before she goes on to another. What do you with your young students?

Her progress got about as far as this:
HCB P1 34/37 t26
French Song 42/48 t56

With Jingle Bells she made big progress in hands coordination that she does not press her left hand with every right hand key, but she can now keep her left hand down until the butterflies show up.
Her time with Jingle Bells is around these values: P1 73/77 t135
She still doe not show any sign of memorizing the song allthough she sings the notes while playing quite easily and in tune (as far as my ear can appreciate this:))

Also while going shopping or driving she sings the Do-Do solfege like a children's song.

It took me a while to come back and write and also I do not have a lot of times written down because hannah most often sits on my lap while playing... and it is hard to make videos of her.

All the best!

More
30 Nov 2013 23:17 #12453 by adeline.hritcu
Hi,

with Hannah a big step fwd was her decoupling the left and right hand while playing asynchronous. Here is Jingle Bells from Introductory Songs that shows this:

And also she can and likes the 1-5 finger exercise:

I wanted to ask what do the flowers (red and purple) on the left screen side mean in the Gentle Piano. Hannah likes flowers a lot :)

We will use a higher chair for the girls, as you suggested.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds