fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Titus (2yo) and Juli (adult)

More
19 Nov 2013 20:22 #12376 by hellene
Juli, it seems to me that he has an excellent ear, but has to adjust his voice to the pitch. I see him working hard on this particular task. It is awesome to see! His fine motor skills and attention span will develop in no time! Bravo!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: juliguli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2013 00:09 #12381 by akysilov
Good Job Titus! Enjoyed watching this video again:) Thank you Julia for sharing with me about Soft Mozart! We are very excited start the program.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, juliguli

More
26 Nov 2013 18:57 #12409 by juliguli
So, last week, we started segment 2 and added the Humperdinck Slumber Song to our repertoire of listening (and me playing on presentation 2). I feel like my own sight reading is getting better, which is encouraging. And Titus is recognizing the songs. He now loves Joseph Haydn's Surprise Symphony! I play them on the piano, sometimes I will turn on Gentle Piano on presentation 1 and then press S to listen through the song. We also listen to both on youtube.

We are also listening from do to do and re to re and the theory theater.

We have been doing the flashcards where he has to pick them out by the picture, but he doesn't do so well at that one, which is interesting, because he does pick them out well on the piano now both when we play hot cross buns and when we play the guess key school.

With Hot Cross Buns, I no longer touch the piano at all. He can play the entire song. Now, obviously this is with starts and stops, with sometimes getting distracted (for example because today he happens to like the note Ti and wants to keep pressing it instead), but I just remind him what note he is supposed to play and he will come back to it on his own. I no longer have to press it for him or even show him. Oh, and we sing the notes together, so he does say them as he presses them.

But, overall I am really impressed with his progress and really stoked about continuing.

For myself, I have mostly been following the curriculum for him instead of the adult level 1 (like Ode to Joy and other classical pieces).

More
27 Nov 2013 22:49 - 27 Nov 2013 22:55 #12425 by juliguli
Here is Titus doing the finger exercises:

Here he is playing fa with the correct finger, but the sound was lost for some reason:
Last edit: 27 Nov 2013 22:55 by juliguli.

More
27 Nov 2013 23:15 #12428 by hellene

juliguli wrote: So, last week, we started segment 2 and added the Humperdinck Slumber Song to our repertoire of listening (and me playing on presentation 2). I feel like my own sight reading is getting better, which is encouraging. And Titus is recognizing the songs. He now loves Joseph Haydn's Surprise Symphony! I play them on the piano, sometimes I will turn on Gentle Piano on presentation 1 and then press S to listen through the song. We also listen to both on youtube.

Juli, this is excellent! Your baby is learning to appreciate classical music! :woohoo:
My suggestion: when you listening the pieces on Gentle piano it would be better to turn music on 6th presentation. It would prepare your and his vision to shift eye sight among the lines and spaces of original notation in future.

We are also listening from do to do and re to re and the theory theater.

We have been doing the flashcards where he has to pick them out by the picture, but he doesn't do so well at that one, which is interesting, because he does pick them out well on the piano now both when we play hot cross buns and when we play the guess key school.

Most likely he is getting distracted by different tactile sensation (keys vs paper)

With Hot Cross Buns, I no longer touch the piano at all. He can play the entire song. Now, obviously this is with starts and stops, with sometimes getting distracted (for example because today he happens to like the note Ti and wants to keep pressing it instead), but I just remind him what note he is supposed to play and he will come back to it on his own. I no longer have to press it for him or even show him. Oh, and we sing the notes together, so he does say them as he presses them.

It is very good indeed *I am about him being destructed* He is just exploring all the functions of the piano and software. It will pass, but now it is very important stage.

But, overall I am really impressed with his progress and really stoked about continuing.

For myself, I have mostly been following the curriculum for him instead of the adult level 1 (like Ode to Joy and other classical pieces).[/quote]

Back to the Mozart

More
27 Nov 2013 23:17 #12429 by hellene
Juli, he is now at the 'building each finger awareness' stage.
I would recommend you to do the following exercise between piano sessions: ask Titus to name each finger: where is DO? - for example. Of cause for this exercise he will name left hand as Do Ti La Sol Fa

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds