fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Titus (2yo) and Juli (adult)

More
30 Oct 2013 22:15 #12243 by juliguli
We have finally moved into our new place. Not all unpacked yet, but we got the piano and computer out and really really excited to get going on the Soft Mozart program again! We will be starting full force next week and some this week. Super excited!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2013 22:29 #12244 by juliguli
Ok, where to start? I looked over the curriculum a bit and am just wondering if I should start at segment 1 and be a month behind, or should I start segments 1 and 2 concurrently with Titus to try an catch up?

More
01 Nov 2013 00:49 #12256 by hellene
Juli, start with segment 1. They are all connected. You will be able to catch up!

Back to the Mozart

More
15 Nov 2013 00:44 #12349 by juliguli
For the last week and a half, we have been following the first section with Titus. He loves listening and now recognizes Joseph Hyden's surpise symphony. I am also getting better at playing it on gentle piano for him. He likes dancing to it.

The best part is that when we go to play the guess key game, he actually tries, he looks for the note (given his attention span at this point for this is about a minute).

Also, with gentle piano, he can play the first few notes of hot cross buns. I do have to remind him of the note by singing and sometimes pointing, but he makes an effort to actually look for it. I have tried video taping him in this process, so far to no avail. As soon as I get out the camera, he loses interest or tries to go off to play.

See results for some games below:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
15 Nov 2013 05:16 #12351 by hellene
Great start, Juli!
You will be surprised! Did you see my new video with Lee's daughter on it?
Very encouraging indeed:

Look at 4:34

Back to the Mozart

More
17 Nov 2013 02:07 - 17 Nov 2013 02:12 #12363 by juliguli
Hellene,
I took a look at the video and added it to the repertoire of videos we watch. Titus likes seeing other kids play.

I also managed to get him doing the guess key on video. Here it is:

I have also started the level 1 adult segment and have been trying ode to joy on P2.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2013 02:12 by juliguli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akysilov

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds