fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Titus (2yo) and Juli (adult)

More
18 Dec 2013 05:00 #12529 by hellene
Juli, what do you think about this announcement? www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=60822848...98340&type=1&theater

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2013 05:50 #12532 by juliguli
I think it is wonderful and really really exciting!
Juli

More
17 Apr 2014 07:14 - 17 Apr 2014 07:14 #14471 by juliguli
It has been a while since we have written, but we have continued diligently with Soft Mozart. Just don't have much computer time with a little toddler running about. When I do, I spend it with him. He is now asleep, and I have a few minutes.

For naming Do to Do, Re to Re, Mi to Mi, etc, forward and backwards, we use the cycle 1 with the printed words, and I have him place the pictures in a circle in order. We then read them from the designated spot forward and backwards around the circle. I will try to get a video of this (hard, cause I am interacting the whole time, so need someone else to video). He is doing well.

We have also started playing the other games, Fruit lines school. note alphabet school, base and treble staff schools at lunchtime. He has to call out the note before I can move it. I then move it to the correct place for him for each of these. He loves this and participates heartily.

He also plays the Guess Key school and can get about 3 in a row right regularly and once in awhile 5 in a row right. He gets distracted easily though. Takes a few tries of just playing around (hitting random keys/playing with both hands/trying to hit black keys/stretching his finger on the entire key/trying to lift up the key instead of push down etc) for him to get into it, but once he is into it, he plays and names the notes pretty easily.

We also listen to the classical pieces on Youtube and watch them on gentle piano (following academy).

In gentle piano, he can play French song and Hot Cross Buns with both hands, but I do not think he realizes yet that he can make a song of it. He does it very very slowly and thoughtfully. I am so excited for the time when he realizes he is making music!

Oh, we took the stickers off the piano. He follows the guide.

And, we have been focusing on naming the fingers, as suggested. He seems to get it on the right hand, but does not on the left, because he is used to playing do/so or fa/so in his pieces (HCB and French Song), so it is confusing to him to play do, ti, la, so, fa with the fingers of his left hand. (he thinks do is the left pinkie and so is the thumb). Not sure what to do there.

Here is him playing Hot Cross Buns:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2014 07:14 by juliguli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, the Moon

More
17 Apr 2014 18:27 #14477 by hellene
Hi, Juli!
Great to see you! I will comment on your post during the reading:

juliguli wrote: It has been a while since we have written, but we have continued diligently with Soft Mozart. Just don't have much computer time with a little toddler running about. When I do, I spend it with him. He is now asleep, and I have a few minutes.

For naming Do to Do, Re to Re, Mi to Mi, etc, forward and backwards, we use the cycle 1 with the printed words, and I have him place the pictures in a circle in order. We then read them from the designated spot forward and backwards around the circle. I will try to get a video of this (hard, cause I am interacting the whole time, so need someone else to video). He is doing well.

Oh, it would be wonderful to have a video of him on this activity! :woohoo:

We have also started playing the other games, Fruit lines school. note alphabet school, base and treble staff schools at lunchtime. He has to call out the note before I can move it. I then move it to the correct place for him for each of these. He loves this and participates heartily.

Yes, for teaching a toddler this approach works miracle!

He also plays the Guess Key school and can get about 3 in a row right regularly and once in awhile 5 in a row right. He gets distracted easily though. Takes a few tries of just playing around (hitting random keys/playing with both hands/trying to hit black keys/stretching his finger on the entire key/trying to lift up the key instead of push down etc) for him to get into it, but once he is into it, he plays and names the notes pretty easily.

Juli, what you just described is exploring by touch and taste! :P Perfectly normal. Now, when he is getting into it, is important to keep track of the score.

We also listen to the classical pieces on Youtube and watch them on gentle piano (following academy).

Great! It would help, if you will play the pieces from the academy for him.

In gentle piano, he can play French song and Hot Cross Buns with both hands, but I do not think he realizes yet that he can make a song of it. He does it very very slowly and thoughtfully. I am so excited for the time when he realizes he is making music!

Yes, he is at the stage of building eye-hand coordination. He is looking for a note and for a key. It will pass soon!

Oh, it could be the challenge. Did YOU took the stickers or him? :lol:

And, we have been focusing on naming the fingers, as suggested. He seems to get it on the right hand, but does not on the left, because he is used to playing do/so or fa/so in his pieces (HCB and French Song), so it is confusing to him to play do, ti, la, so, fa with the fingers of his left hand. (he thinks do is the left pinkie and so is the thumb). Not sure what to do there.

What do you try to accomplish?

I enjoyed the video. It clearly shows huge progress of Titus: he is more focused and his fine motor skills improved a lot.

Way to go, Juli!

Back to the Mozart

More
18 Apr 2014 19:26 #14484 by juliguli

Great! It would help, if you will play the pieces from the academy for him.

I do try to play pieces but my own piano skills aren't great. I press s and let him listen, but I cannot play most of the ones that are for listening.

Yes, he is at the stage of building eye-hand coordination. He is looking for a note and for a key. It will pass soon!

Oh, it could be the challenge. Did YOU took the stickers or him? :lol:

well, he was picking at the stickers so I took them off. He does still have the guide and seems to be doing ok with it.

What do you try to accomplish?

I try to get him to know the names of his fingers as recommended in the activity in the academy for his age group. He is two and a half.

I enjoyed the video. It clearly shows huge progress of Titus: he is more focused and his fine motor skills improved a lot.

thank you, I am very proud of him and amazed at his progress with this program.

Way to go, Juli![/quote]

More
26 Apr 2014 18:15 #14545 by hellene

juliguli wrote:

I do try to play pieces but my own piano skills aren't great. I press s and let him listen, but I cannot play most of the ones that are for listening.

You don't have to play the pieces from beginning to the end using 2 hands. Couple of bars with 1 hand would be enough.

well, he was picking at the stickers so I took them off. He does still have the guide and seems to be doing ok with it.

Great! If he is comfortable, it is fine!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds