fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Suggestion Box

Skype Group Call

More
13 Sep 2012 16:48 #5603 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Skype Group Call

andreasro wrote:

hellene wrote: Guys, I am TOTALLY FOR IT!
Please, just teach me, how to provide them technically
I use Skype a lot 1 on 1
Is it possible to have sessions when you all can see me or someone else?

Here's the perfect description for Skype feature - group video chat

"What do you need?

At least one person on the call needs Skype Premium or a group video subscription from Skype Manager.

For everyone on the call to see video, each person needs:

a webcam (discount available with purchase of Skype Premium).
a broadband connection.
Skype 5.0 or higher or the Skype business version."

It's for up to 10 people.

Does anyone have Skype Premium ? Do you, Hellene? Can we help you to have it?

If group sessions is something too complicated, Hellene, maybe you can help us with 1-to-1 calls once a month :P You make the rules. Tell us what you need and what can you do. If you do it with one family at a time in fact you're working with 2, 3 or more students ;)

Later added:
Here are the exact steps for a successful group video call using Skype Premium .

Andrea

I have to investigate it today or tomorrow and will report on that asap.

Let's decide on a day of the week. It has to be convenient for most of the members (if possible) while I am setting the account.

I don't mind doing it in weekends, when I have less calls then on weekdays.

Otherwise, it can not be quite for sure :P

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2012 04:10 #5623 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Skype Group Call
It also depends on the time zone. Romania/Bucharest is GMT + 2.

World time zone link

I think it's best that you, Hellene, have Skype Premium - so you can see us all. It's 4.99 USD a month. I would give you this amount if that's the only issue for you :lol:

More
14 Sep 2012 08:18 #5627 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Skype Group Call
Oh yes the dreaded time zone issue! We are bound to be asleep. I propose all those who really really want/need this say so now so we can accommodate you first and for most.
I know I can get Helene on Skype whenever I need to so I am happy either way. Plus I have support from many piano players in my family and one at school also. Some others on this forum have no support and this will be more important to them.

More
14 Sep 2012 08:21 #5628 by andreasro

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh yes the dreaded time zone issue! We are bound to be asleep. I propose all those who really really want/need this say so now so we can accommodate you first and for most.
I know I can get Helene on Skype whenever I need to so I am happy either way. Plus I have support from many piano players in my family and one at school also. Some others on this forum have no support and this will be more important to them.

I have no support :(
And guess Ariel doesn't either :(

More
18 Sep 2012 01:24 #5680 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Skype Group Call
Girls,
I created the Premium account on Skype.
We can organize couple of sessions based on time differences.
Andrea, please, help us to organized the groups and time.
I am available Sundays and half of Saturdays from 2 PM
Please, give me options and let's schedule the sessions for the coming weekend

Back to the Mozart

More
18 Sep 2012 13:18 #5685 by andreasro

hellene wrote: Girls,
I created the Premium account on Skype.
We can organize couple of sessions based on time differences.
Andrea, please, help us to organized the groups and time.
I am available Sundays and half of Saturdays from 2 PM
Please, give me options and let's schedule the sessions for the coming weekend

Thank you, Hellene, for this opportunity.
I will gladly help. I have some questions and suggestions.

1. I can deal with and ask or take care of grouping members of the English part of the forum. Maybe a Russian member and a Spanish member can help with the other two?

2. You can send a newsletter announcing group calls and telling that those interested should contact me/andreasro to schedule a online meeting for the English speaking people, and contact the other two persons for Spanish and Russian speakers.

or

I can send private messages to all the active (English members) informing them about it.

3. Have you thought about how to group people beside the language thing? I mean do you want to group adults with certain level or children with certain level in a session...

or

It doesn't matter?
I mean you can test this weekend to see how many and who would like to have a group session based on language spoken and time chosen and after that think about another kind of grouping for the sessions to come...?

4. How long will a group session be?

Once I know what I can do to help, I'll contact the people, make a table so you can have a clear imagine and take a decision. And then I will let all those interested how to proceed and when etc.

What do you think?

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3, the Moon

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds