fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× May 2012 - First International Soft Mozart Recital

May 2012 Rules

More
01 Jan 2012 19:40 - 16 May 2013 16:21 #815 by hellene
May 2012 Rules was created by hellene
Main rules:

1. All participants of our first recital will get rank of « Middle Do» - the first rating from sequence of 7.
2. Our May 2012 recital will be provided in the form of video posts. We accept only You Tube videos.
3. Any person that uses the program «Soft Mozart» of any age and level can participate.
4. The videos have to be published in the category ‘Soft Mozart’ stage in dedicated area for the age group from 15 to 31 of May of 2012.
5. The participants, who accomplished all the requirements are going to receive a Certificate of the First Rank of ‘Soft Mozart’ school and a T-shirt with the suited information about the accomplishment.

List of recommended pieces and exams for the recital in May of 2012.

Parents of young mozarts and adult-beginners:

Perform by heart on piano or digital piano/keyboard 4-5 pieces:
‘Hot Cross Buns’, ‘French Song’, ‘Jingle Bells’, ‘Ode to Joy’, ‘A New Year Tree’ (Introductory Songs).
‘Hickory Dickory Dock’, ‘Little Dog Gone’, ‘Old Mac Donald’, ‘Lazy Mary’, ‘Pop! Goes the Weasel’, ‘Old Woman in the Shoe’ (Nursery Songs 1), ‘Musette’, ‘Morning Mood’, ‘Largo’ (Favorite Classics 1), ‘Rock Group’, ‘Boogie Board Boogie’ (Boogie 1)

Perform 1-2 pieces of your choice on top of it (all together it has to be about 6-7 pieces)

It is being decided to advice to create separate videos for each piece performed.

These pieces should be recorded and placed on You Tube for us to view.

Additional instructions about the video descriptions will be posted.

Theory: recite the First Circle of Note Alphabet 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6, 7-7 forward and backwords in no less than 20 seconds (can be MP3 file and You Tube video file).
Please, find more information about this exam here: softmozart.com/forum/25-getting-ready-to...bies-and-adults.html

Music sight-reading: please, read all the pieces from the following Albums:

Nursery Songs Primer
Favorite Classics Primer

These pieces should be played on 2, 4, 5 and 6 presentations only (without pictures or letters) Only 3 mistakes are allowed. Send us an email, if accomplished. We trust you!

Time for the pieces is not taken to account. You don't have to provide a video for this exam unless you want to.

Exercises: Hannon №1, Chromatic Scale, Triads in Do Major and Do Major in a divergent motion (all exercises are placed at Our Library – Videos – Instructional section).

Please, provide a video of you playing these exercises

Children from 24 months and up:

Play by memory or with the help of the program on digital piano or
keyboard using 1 or 2 hands 1-2 pieces from the following list:

‘Hot Cross Buns’, ‘French Song’, ‘Jingle Bells’, ‘Ode to Joy’, ‘A New Year Tree’ (Introductory Songs).
‘Hickory Dickory Dock’, ‘Little Dog Gone’, ‘Old Mac Donald’, ‘Lazy Mary’, ‘Pop! Goes the Weasel’, ‘Old Woman in the Shoe’ (Nursery Songs 1), Musette, Morning Mood, Largo (Favorite Classics 1), ‘Rock Group’, ‘Boogie Board Boogie’ (Boogie 1)

If pieces played with program, time and amount of mistakes can vary for very young beginners. Please, record each piece on video and download it on YouTube

Theory: assemble in forward and backward order the sequences of music notes from Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La and Ti.

Video for this activity is a plus.

Music Sight-Reading:
read all the pieces from the following albums using Right, Left or Both hands: Nursery Songs Primer и Favorite Classics Primer on 2, 4, 5 or 6 presentation. Any presentation will work.

Allowed amount of mistakes: 5. Send us an email, if accomplished. We trust you!

Exercises: play at least 1-2 from the following : Hannion #1, Chromatic Scale, Triads in Do Major and Do Major in a divergent motion.

Video of excercise should be provided and placed on You Tube

Back to the Mozart
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 May 2013 16:21 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lzp11, NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Florin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Jan 2012 18:29 - 02 Jan 2012 18:32 #832 by Florin
Replied by Florin on topic May 2012 Rules
Thank you Hellen,

It looks like fun :-)

This can be a good motivation for Luca to study more. I will see how we are doing in May, and if he is OK with that, we will compete :-)

I think it is very good because you give us "homework" For example we are doing very well on some aspects, still not focusing enough on sight reading...

So let's do it :-)

P.S. - I don't understand what it means "On 2,4 5 6 presentation"
Last edit: 02 Jan 2012 18:32 by Florin.

More
02 Jan 2012 18:45 #834 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic May 2012 Rules

Florin wrote: Thank you Hellen,

It looks like fun :-)

This can be a good motivation for Luca to study more. I will see how we are doing in May, and if he is OK with that, we will compete :-)

I think it is very good because you give us "homework" For example we are doing very well on some aspects, still not focusing enough on sight reading...

So let's do it :-)

P.S. - I don't understand what it means "On 2,4 5 6 presentation"

Florin, when you open songs, you press 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 on the computer in order to get vertical, horizontal or original black and white score. On 2, 4, 5 and 6 there are no pictures or letter names on the notes. The students are forced to focus on lines and spaces – therefore, they train their eye-sight to read notation.
I give my students the 1st and the 3rd presentations, when the pieces that they are learning is challenging for their piano technique. But for sight-reading I give them easier pieces, many of them (so, they won’t be able to memorize them) with no pictures or letters.
Looking forward to working with you on the recital and test!

Back to the Mozart

More
02 Jan 2012 23:33 #838 by NadiaD
Replied by NadiaD on topic May 2012 Rules
Wow, Hellene!

What a great idea!

I will list here the points that I as a person with no musical background were not very clear:

1.Theory: recite the First Circle of Note Alphabet 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6, 7-7 forward and backwords in no less than 20 seconds (can be MP3 file).

1-1 Means Middle Do to Do, and so forth with the rest?

Would be nice to include an instructions for people who are not computer savvy on how to record and send MP3 files.

[

quote]
2.Theory: assemble in forward and backward order the sequences of music notes from Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La and Ti.

[/quote]

using flashcards? do we need to send video or just an email that child can accomplish it?

3.Exercises: Hannon №1, Chromatic Scale, Triads in Do Major and Do Major in a divergent motion (all exercises are placed at Our Library – Videos – Instructional section).

Exercises: play at least 1-2 from the following : Hannion #1, Chromatic Scale, Triads in Do Major and Do Major in a divergent motion

do we need to send video recording of exercises as well?

[

quote]4.The videos have to be published in the category ‘Soft Mozart’ stage in dedicated area for the age group from 15 to 31 of May of 2012

[/quote]

Would be nice if the areas would be created already that people can start signing up, like this it will be more motivating and organized. Many will commit to participate and will work towards the ivent instead of waiting until the last moment, fail to practice and as a result they will not participate...

Music Sight-Reading: read all the pieces from the following albums using Right, Left or Both hands: Nursery Songs Primer и Favorite Classics Primer on 2, 4, 5 or 6 presentation.

a little scary task for 2 year old, but I trust your experience that it can be accomplished :)

More
03 Jan 2012 00:15 #840 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic May 2012 Rules
Nadia, thank you very much for all the suggestions!

First of all, the rules are in making. I think, 2-year-old kids capable of playing at least using one hand the notes on the second presentation. If not, we won’t make it as a ‘mast’ requirement/
I am going to start a new category: GETTING READY FOR THE TESTS AND RECITAL IN MAY.
There we'll be more specific with details about each task. I will transfer the answers to your questions there.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
03 Jan 2012 16:38 - 03 Jan 2012 17:28 #852 by ttteh
Replied by ttteh on topic May 2012 Rules
Ms Hellene,

This is a great idea to encourage parents playing and learn together with their children. I will take up the challenge and try to pass Middle Do rank. :)

Theory: recite the First Circle of Note Alphabet 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6, 7-7 forward and backwords in no less than 20 seconds (can be MP3 file).

Pei Lin - I see there is a separate topic explaining how to do it. I think it would be better to place them together with the rules so that new on boarding member can just locate all information on May recital at one location.

Music sight-reading: please, read all the pieces from the following Albums:
Nursery Songs Primer
Favorite Classics Primer
These pieces should be played on 2, 4, 5 and 6 presentations only (without pictures or letters) Only 3 mistakes are allowed. Send us an email, if accomplished. We trust you!

Pei Lin -Does the student need to accomplish playing presentation 6 for all pieces in nursery songs primer and favorite classics primer in order to pass <Middle Do > rank? If the student is able to accomplish presentation 4 in May 2012, would the student pass <Middle Do> rank? Do we need to take time into consideration here i.e the amount of time to complete playing a piece?

Exercises: Hannon №1, Chromatic Scale, Triads in Do Major and Do Major in a divergent motion (all exercises are placed at Our Library – Videos – Instructional section).

Pei Lin - My question would be the same as Nadia if the exercises need to be video on you tube. I would probably specify the requirement in the rules.

Children from 24 months and up:
Play by memory or with the help of the program on digital piano or
keyboard using 1 or 2 hands 1-2 pieces from the following list:
‘Hickory Dickory Dock’, ‘Little Dog Gone’, ‘Old Mac Donald’, ‘Lazy Mary’, ‘Pop! Goes the Weasel’, ‘Old Woman in the Shoe’ (Nursery Songs 1), Musette, Morning Mood, Largo (Favorite Classics 1), ‘Rock Group’, ‘Boogie Board Boogie’ (Boogie 1)

Pei Lin – If the student is playing with the help of the program. Do we need to take the time and amount of mistake into consideration?

Theory: assemble in forward and backward order the sequences of music notes from Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La and Ti.

Music Sight-Reading:
read all the pieces from the following albums using Right, Left or Both hands: Nursery Songs Primer и Favorite Classics Primer on 2, 4, 5 or 6 presentation.

Allowed amount of mistakes: 5. Send us an email, if accomplished. We trust you!

Pei Lin - Does the student need to accomplish playing presentation 6 for all pieces in nursery songs primer and favorite classics primer in order to pass <Middle Do > rank? If the student is able to accomplish presentation 4 in May 2012, would the student pass <Middle Do> rank? I think it has to be specific on what is the minimum requirement that the student needs to achieve in order to pass <Middle Do>rank. Do we need to take time into consideration here i.e the amount of time to complete playing a piece through sight reading? Rachel is able to sight read new pieces of "Favourite Classic Primer" in presentation 6 with practice after playing presentation 5 for a while. However there are some pieces that she play at presentation 6 and the time score is very long even though no mistake. I think it should not be a problem for 3 year old to sight read pieces for Nursery Songs Primer and Favorite Classics Primer at presentation 4,5 and 6 with daily practice. I think it should not be a worry if a 2 year old is not able to accomplish playing presentation 2 on sight reading for all the pieces. This <Middle Do> rules would be target where the child can work up. At the moment the child can also focus on playing technique and get familiarize to the staff and presentation. This guideline is more specific compare to the 1 year curiculum. Great idea Ms Hellene!

Pei Lin - I also think it is a good idea to have the section where people can sign up. I would like to work on some of the requirement for Middle Do rank and if I am comfortable with it I would like to post the video instead of waiting till May 2012. Students are motivated to work towards the target if they had already started : )
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 17:28 by ttteh.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds