fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Titus, 3yo and Juli, adult Progress Diary

• mamaduck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 May 2013 19:07 #10443 by mamaduck
Replied by mamaduck on topic Titus, 3yo and Juli, adult Progress Diary

juliguli wrote: Another question I had when playing on the Gentle Piano game. I noticed that with Hot Cross Buns, I have been playing it so much, that i am starting to memorize it, especially if I play a couple times in a row. Should I be trying not to memorize it, but rather to actively "read" the notes each time, or is it ok that I am starting to remember it. I have tried it now on several presentations. I have also started the French Song and that one too I notice I start to memorize after playing through a few times. Where is the line that I should move on to another song to actively try to be reading instead of just playing cause I remember it?

I have been wondering about this too. It is a fascinating concept though to see the progression from the concrete to the abstract. My adult mind is questioning every step but I can see how it is helpful to the children. It is a familiar concept such as in teaching children math. You show them actual objects, then pictures then the abstract number sentences or problem. It is brilliant idea to apply it in teaching music. I love it!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2013 20:29 #10444 by hellene
Juli, I am sorry for being late with answers.
I answered your email and here will repeat, what I already wrote to you:

Considering the piano learning and pieces:

There are 2 major streams in learning to play piano:
1. Development of piano technique and coordination
and
2. sight-reading.

At the beginning we divide them.

First is for mastery and performing - second for reading development.
First at the beginning we choose from challenging albums and master giving ourselves 'visual breaks' by choosing more comfortable visual presentation.

The stages in learning are
1. R
2. L
3. P
4. RH
5. LH
6. PH
7. Playing with no computer
8. Playing with TEACHING VIDEOS with metronome
9. Playing with TEACHING VIDEOS without metronome
10. Performing

Second we read in bulk (by Albums) using 2,4,5, 6 presentations. The goal is to make less amount of mistakes without repeating a piece more then 2 times. *Otherwise you will memorize the pieces.*

The level of difficulty of Albums and pieces for performances varies upon students individual skills.

I am going to view your videos after the recital and we together will choose the most appropriate and nurturing repertoire for you and your child.

Considering the referring:
Yes! We have great referral program! I am cc:Sonya Post and our PTO on that. They will give you specific information on % for that.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Since I have to focus on academic development for students and teachers, this part of the program is taken care of by our volunteer organization.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
30 May 2013 20:52 #10450 by hellene

juliguli wrote: Some of my other latest scores:

You are very close towards the end of each game!

Back to the Mozart

More
20 Jun 2013 22:41 - 20 Jun 2013 22:44 #11108 by juliguli
Ok, so we have been out of town for three weeks. We visted family in Ohio, but now are back and want to get into the swing of things.

Starting on summer curriculum. I just tried music dictation 1. I have never done something like this before (unless you count Lilte Musician, which I guess is like this in the Hear and Sing part). But, I was very very surprised when I got the first music dictation correct. Yay!!!!!! I did not think I could hear notes, but this makes me feel like I am learning and I am so excited!

I will post TJs progress when he wakes from his nap, and my husband will be a bit behind all summer, as he has work and projects around the house, and may not have as much time as we do.

Oh, and the video (music dictation 1) had little lines instead of circles? Is that what I am supposed to do? I put little circles.

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jun 2013 22:44 by juliguli.

More
20 Jun 2013 22:55 #11109 by hellene
Juli, I developed a methodology of music short writing. The ultimate goal of this course to write music immediately as it goes.
So, writing 'dashes' instead of circles and being accurate with placing them in a fast mode is very important.
I should clarify that and I will.

Back to the Mozart

More
20 Jun 2013 23:18 #11110 by juliguli
Thank you for such a quick response. Oh, then should I listen to the whole thing, stop, then write it from memory OR let it play and write as I am listening the first time around OR listen through once, then play again and write it as I go?

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds