fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Titus, 3yo and Juli, adult Progress Diary

More
24 May 2013 18:17 #10367 by hellene

juliguli wrote:
The only thing I wish with the games was that there was a pause button, cause sometimes, I work so hard for a good score, and I just need to get up to get something and come back:-)

Press help button F1 and the game will stop. To resume - Esc[ape]

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: juliguli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2013 18:28 #10368 by juliguli
Hellene,
Yay, yay! Thank you. Wow, I didn't even think of that, but I have been doing it (to read the directions). I just didn't make the connection that duh, it pauses it. Yay!!!! So glad that I asked.

Also, in answer to your previous question, we do use all the games with only the solfege symbols for now, not the letters yet.

More
24 May 2013 18:32 #10369 by hellene

juliguli wrote: Hellene,
Yay, yay! Thank you. Wow, I didn't even think of that, but I have been doing it (to read the directions). I just didn't make the connection that duh, it pauses it. Yay!!!! So glad that I asked.

Also, in answer to your previous question, we do use all the games with only the solfege symbols for now, not the letters yet.

Great!
Keep in mind that each time that you start the same game, you follow different route based on your performance due to the very interactive matter of each module.
Therefore, make an achievable goal to play each game for certain amount of time to increase amount of points.
Our ultimate goal is to make a portrait of Mozart or to make it to 'fireworks' in minimum amount of time.
After accomplishing this goal it is recommended to switch language to ABC and to do it again.
It will help you to know both languages equally.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: juliguli

More
25 May 2013 05:35 - 25 May 2013 05:50 #10372 by juliguli
Thank you for the advice Hellene. That is what I have been doing, for most games, I aim for 10 min of module time, except for the guess key one, where I aim for 5 min. I guess that's a good question, when you say the "same amount of time", do you mean actual play time or module time (the time on the little clock), because I noticed that those two can be very different, especially in the guess key game. I think I was playing yesterday for at least a half hour and only got to 5 min on it.

Also, I have been so excited about this program that I have been telling all my friends about it and I have one or two interested possibly in trying it, so is there some kind of referral program?

Another question I had when playing on the Gentle Piano game. I noticed that with Hot Cross Buns, I have been playing it so much, that i am starting to memorize it, especially if I play a couple times in a row. Should I be trying not to memorize it, but rather to actively "read" the notes each time, or is it ok that I am starting to remember it. I have tried it now on several presentations. I have also started the French Song and that one too I notice I start to memorize after playing through a few times. Where is the line that I should move on to another song to actively try to be reading instead of just playing cause I remember it? Or should I stop for the day at that point and come back to the same song another day?

Here is my latest score with French Song, both hands:

Thank you for all your help!
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 May 2013 05:50 by juliguli.

More
25 May 2013 05:51 - 25 May 2013 05:58 #10373 by juliguli
Some of my other latest scores:

Attachments:
Last edit: 25 May 2013 05:58 by juliguli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, the Moon

More
30 May 2013 08:19 #10437 by NadiaD

Mrs.Post wrote: Juli,

I am sorry about all the colors in my SM icons for Little Musician. I am almost finished with a new Icon set that looks good in Little Musician. As soon as it is finished I will post it with a tutorial on how to replace the cutesy icons in LM with the SM note heads. This saved us much frustration and confusion.

Please finish reading Hellene's book. It will make your life easier ....... It has certainly simplified mine...... progress is much quicker especially for Cayla -my little one with Down Syndrome.

I am really looking forward to a new icon set and a tutorial on how to replace the icons.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds