fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 3 first month with soft mozart

More
28 Dec 2011 06:42 #721 by Mandabplus3
I will try the strips of paper I was thinking I needed to narow his view, I will probably lay them flat to cover the rest of the piano keys for a time.
He is improving with out a doubt he can now focus a little longer and he can continue to look at the screen and the keyboard and less around the room. To be honest he probably hasnt ever had to sit still for more than a few minutes at a time all his life. We are a very active family and I dont expect him to wait around for his sisters bored. He also doesnt watch Tv very much. He does sit through his little reader sessions but we do the actions so....
I didnt think I was comparing him to his sisters, but perhaps I am a little. More on an age for age basis though. The girls at his age would have had more concentration but there is NO WAY they would have figured out how the program works like Jaykob has. So he has his own talents for me to draw on. ;) now that I have clearly assessed the problems I am sure I can easily help him progress.
I tried him on the guess key game but with out the stickers it was a lost cause. When they come we will try again, he may like that game alot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2011 19:55 #759 by andreasro
Good for Jaykob and you Manda :) , for doing all that with all of your child. Keep on sharing your experience.
My son, almost the same age as your son acts different and has his own preferences and skills. Watching how you teach yours is helpful. Just like learning from Florin, Luca's dad.

Andrea

More
05 Jan 2012 11:00 #897 by Mandabplus3
Ok so this last week we were away from the piano camping, plus I decided to wait for my stickers to come. ( They have arrived so stay tuned) but rather than put it all on hold we were working on learning the music alphabet and the order of notes. I know lots of parents love the flash cards but they just don't work so well with my kids. They go missing! ALOT! So I came up with a very effective solution. I put in order the note cards from do to do then I stuck them all together in a line using book covering clear contact. I did a green one and a brown one ( ok orange is as close as we had) by printing on colored paper. We use this to learn note order and I cover them up and have the kiddies tell/sing to me what comes next as I uncover them.
Now I realize we need to learn re to re next week so I got some blue tack and stuck it on on do and the back of do to form a circle. Jaykob has been wearing it as a crown! :silly: now it is an endless circle of notes and we can start anywhere to learn note order. It's not flat like a piano any more but the kids think it's fun.
We will still need a copy of separate cards so they can try to put them in order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
05 Jan 2012 16:08 #901 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Ok so this last week we were away from the piano camping, plus I decided to wait for my stickers to come. ( They have arrived so stay tuned) but rather than put it all on hold we were working on learning the music alphabet and the order of notes. I know lots of parents love the flash cards but they just don't work so well with my kids. They go missing! ALOT! So I came up with a very effective solution. I put in order the note cards from do to do then I stuck them all together in a line using book covering clear contact. I did a green one and a brown one ( ok orange is as close as we had) by printing on colored paper. We use this to learn note order and I cover them up and have the kiddies tell/sing to me what comes next as I uncover them.
Now I realize we need to learn re to re next week so I got some blue tack and stuck it on on do and the back of do to form a circle. Jaykob has been wearing it as a crown! :silly: now it is an endless circle of notes and we can start anywhere to learn note order. It's not flat like a piano any more but the kids think it's fun.
We will still need a copy of separate cards so they can try to put them in order.

Make a picture for us to see, please!!! It is so interesting to see, how you are all doing.
Cards you can download for free here www.softmozart.com/images/trynow/FlashCardsLevel1Page1.pdf

Back to the Mozart

More
05 Jan 2012 22:15 #911 by Mandabplus3
well I have photos but I cant seem to figure out how to put them in this space! I havnt figured out how to embed videos here either. Normally I have no trouble doing either. Perhaps someone could give me some tips :)
In the mean time the photos are in an album titled learning activities under my profile so you can see them :)

More
07 Jan 2012 10:54 #956 by Mandabplus3
so thanks to Nadia's clever suggestions and my lightning fast learning of the russian language here are the photos :)

Ok seriously I signed myself up for photobucket (in english) and followed the instructions on a quick google search :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, ttteh, NadiaD

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds