fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 3 first month with soft mozart

More
16 Jan 2012 03:05 #1203 by Mandabplus3
Well Jaykob is still asking almost daily to play piano, usually he wants to play whenever someone else is or if he has been playing with the solfege people he knows piano comes next. He is due to start his week three of the corriculum which includes both hands together. He isn't ready for that just yet so we are still playing with both hands separately. Now if I was a more organized parent he would be ready but he just hasn't had enough piano time to date. With big sisters home to play with, Christmas and a holiday away we are behind schedule. No rush
His right hand times are ( on a good day!) plus t 30 and his left hand times are plus t40 ish ( down from 196!) we will continue to work on both hands separately for a bit longer and I am trying to get him to play 3 times a day, twice for gentle piano and once for a game ( guess key). He is still having silly times at the piano sometimes but that is reducing and he does want to play something recognizable so that helps. Each session is very short he will play only twice through. This is the biggest problem! If he could concentrate for three times through we could play right, left and both! He forgets ALOT between sessions.
He has learnt his note order do to do and most of the way back down, he also can sing re to re. I think teaching a 4 year old BOY is the same as teaching a girl toddler!
Today I saw improvement with his left hand. He played holding his hands the right way. ( not upsidendown) Over all progress is slow but in saying that how many kids his age can play even that much with accuracy? How many can sing solfege? I am pretty impressed knowing what he is like that he will accept help and take the instructions and directions given.
Oh and his notebook turned up, he knew exactly where is was of course, it was part of their game, the dolly had a piano lesson!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2012 15:21 #1212 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Well Jaykob is still asking almost daily to play piano, usually he wants to play whenever someone else is or if he has been playing with the solfege people he knows piano comes next. He is due to start his week three of the corriculum which includes both hands together. He isn't ready for that just yet so we are still playing with both hands separately. Now if I was a more organized parent he would be ready but he just hasn't had enough piano time to date. With big sisters home to play with, Christmas and a holiday away we are behind schedule. No rush

His right hand times are ( on a good day!) plus t 30 and his left hand times are plus t40 ish ( down from 196!) we will continue to work on both hands separately for a bit longer and I am trying to get him to play 3 times a day, twice for gentle piano and once for a game ( guess key). He is still having silly times at the piano sometimes but that is reducing and he does want to play something recognizable so that helps.

No more gloves? :woohoo:

Each session is very short he will play only twice through. This is the biggest problem! If he could concentrate for three times through we could play right, left and both! He forgets ALOT between sessions.

I tend to disagree :unsure:

He has learnt his note order do to do and most of the way back down, he also can sing re to re. I think teaching a 4 year old BOY is the same as teaching a girl toddler!

Today I saw improvement with his left hand. He played holding his hands the right way. ( not upsidendown) Over all progress is slow but in saying that how many kids his age can play even that much with accuracy? How many can sing solfege? I am pretty impressed knowing what he is like that he will accept help and take the instructions and directions given.

The progress is very steady!

Oh and his notebook turned up, he knew exactly where is was of course, it was part of their game, the dolly had a piano lesson!

This is a spirit!

Back to the Mozart

More
18 Jan 2012 22:26 #1294 by Mandabplus3
Now actually the gloves have been quite useful! :P When he is learning the left hand I put the big rubber glove on his right hand because he kept trying to play the left hand cords with his right hand! I started by having him hold something in his right hand but he still tried to use his hand while holding it. Putting the glove on is a very bright obvious reminder! :cheer:
I convinced him to play guess key for 30 seconds yesterday he scored 13, we were aiming for one minute. Today I will try the balls in a bucket idea to keep track of his score and see if that works better.

More
18 Jan 2012 22:44 #1297 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Now actually the gloves have been quite useful! :P When he is learning the left hand I put the big rubber glove on his right hand because he kept trying to play the left hand cords with his right hand! I started by having him hold something in his right hand but he still tried to use his hand while holding it. Putting the glove on is a very bright obvious reminder! :cheer:
I convinced him to play guess key for 30 seconds yesterday he scored 13, we were aiming for one minute. Today I will try the balls in a bucket idea to keep track of his score and see if that works better.

Oh, I know the story :dry:

I am telling them story that 'one hand went on vacation and having rest somewhere in Hawaii' :P

Back to the Mozart

More
27 Jan 2012 10:43 #1427 by Mandabplus3
Oh gosh I haunt posted here for a while.
Anyway our monthly wrap up
Achievements
Well he did learn lots about music and pianos and computers and keyboards!
He learnt to sing solfege do to do to ( almost ) do. And can even sing up from re! He sings it randomly in lots of places and takes his flash cards every where. He can recognize all the picture symbols.
He realizes that there are lots more notes on the piano than his song let's him play.
He learnt hot cross buns, let and right hands.
Challenges
This could be a long list!
Ok we didn't have piano keyboard stickers so that meant he has actually only been playing for half of the last month, with out the stickers I gave up!
He wanted to play with gloves, he didn't want to play, then he wanted to play at 5:00 am!
He can play ok with one hand but is struggling to play with two together. So he is a bit behind on the corriculum, but is keen still.
He mucks around ALOT at the piano and it effects his score. He has a very short attention span for piano playing but will play with the cards for ages. I know he finds it challenging.
Boys will be boys, I have to remember this constantly!
Goals
Two songs with two hands, one by memory. Big goals I think :)
Hannon
Fill the reward chart with stickers.

More
27 Jan 2012 21:47 #1440 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh gosh I haunt posted here for a while.
Anyway our monthly wrap up
Achievements
Well he did learn lots about music and pianos and computers and keyboards!
He learnt to sing solfege do to do to ( almost ) do. And can even sing up from re! He sings it randomly in lots of places and takes his flash cards every where. He can recognize all the picture symbols.
He realizes that there are lots more notes on the piano than his song let's him play.

Great!

He learnt hot cross buns, let and right hands.
Challenges
This could be a long list!
Ok we didn't have piano keyboard stickers so that meant he has actually only been playing for half of the last month, with out the stickers I gave up!
He wanted to play with gloves, he didn't want to play, then he wanted to play at 5:00 am!

:lol:
[/quote]He can play ok with one hand but is struggling to play with two together. So he is a bit behind on the corriculum, [/quote]

Wait=wait-wait! The curriculum is the one size fits all thing. I want everyone to understand, that only here, personally, we can make unique curriculum. So, I don't want you to be intimidated by the general plan.

but is keen still.
He mucks around ALOT at the piano and it effects his score. He has a very short attention span for piano playing but will play with the cards for ages. I know he finds it challenging.
Boys will be boys, I have to remember this constantly!
Goals
Two songs with two hands, one by memory. Big goals I think :)
Hannon
Fill the reward chart with stickers.

All achievable. I saw him playing. He will make it!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds