fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jim's journey begins... :)

More
30 Apr 2013 06:07 - 30 Apr 2013 07:31 #10063 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Jim's journey begins... :)
jimjim, you have excellent fingers for piano. Long, strong and capable of developing piano technique in no time!
Other teachers and I are looking forward to seeing your further progress and participate in your learning journey!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 07:31 by andreasro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2013 06:21 - 30 Apr 2013 07:31 #10064 by jimjim
Replied by jimjim on topic Jim's journey begins... :)

hellene wrote: jimjim, you have excellent fingers for piano. Long, strong and capable of developing piano technique in no time!
Other teachers and I are looking forward to seeing your further progress and participate in your learning journey!

Hellene, you made me blush but I really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. I've never thought about negotiating with her to give me some free time (15 minutes!!). Now, if this succeeds, I will have a lot more time to do more things! Playing the card game is such a nice idea, and so is using the headphones. Thanks again!
Last edit: 30 Apr 2013 07:31 by andreasro.

More
01 May 2013 20:10 #10084 by jimjim
Replied by jimjim on topic Jim's journey begins... :)
Practising the introductory songs while waiting for the software to arrive...

Hot Cross Buns

French Song

Ode to Joy

Jingle Bells

A New Year's Tree

More
02 May 2013 02:49 #10086 by andreasro
Hey, Jim!
Are you getting ready for level 1 ;) ? It looks like you're following the Soft Mozart Academy for Semester 1 . :P

Andrea

More
02 May 2013 05:18 #10088 by andreasro
Before your software arrives, here is what you can do:

- try playing pieces with metronome (rhythm, on some keyboards). If you look in teaching videos, you have videos both with and without metronome for each song. Look at the number on the display of the digital piano in that record. Then adjust your keyboard to it. If it's too fast, then decrease it till you feel comfortable playing it and then increase it gradually.

- download the list of songs found in Soft Mozart software and ordered by level of difficulty .

Memorizing songs and playing by ear is just part of the learning process. That's why I advise you that until you receive the software to play the songs in the Introductory songs album, with and without metronome and skip those albums designed for sight-reading and ear training (please see the pdf above) to get the best out of software and have a natural progress. You will find more info in the User Manual you'll get.

The Soft Mozart Academy has each year guidelines to follow to get to a level, just like classes in a school. You can follow them or not. It's an opportunity to progress guided by the experience of a teacher (Hellene) who thinks of how best to learn gradually and also receive aknowledgement for your learning (certificates and gifts) after May online recital. Each year is split in two semesters and the summer holidays have guidelines for ear training and chords practice. In the message above you find links to the Academy and you'll be able to see how was last year's recital ;)

Reviewing Hellene's book, finger exercises and songs you've just played are part of the credits for graduating first level. For the rest you also need the software. By the way, I think I didn't mention that: it's aways good to keep track of your scores when using the software. When you start using it, make sure you note down at least the best score for that day. After a while you shall see you've gone pretty far from where you started.

Andrea

More
03 May 2013 13:02 - 03 May 2013 13:08 #10096 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Jim's journey begins... :)
JimJim, I agree with my colleagues: great job on playing exercises. Way to go!
I have a question: why do you play stretches in 2 octaves? :)

You learned all the Introductory pieces and play them with no stickers or guides! Great job!

I can't wait, when you'll get the software. I think, you are ready for challenges!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 03 May 2013 13:08 by hellene.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds