fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jim's journey begins... :)

More
10 May 2013 20:06 #10151 by jimjim
Replied by jimjim on topic Jim's journey begins... :)
2 quick questions on the guess key game:

1) The lesson plan said play the game for 5 mins and note down the result. However, after 5 mins., the game is still going on (the resulting marks won't show until the tree is done.) If I finish the tree the time used will be longer than 5 mins (around 5mins 45s). Is there anyway to find the score at 5 mins then?

2) For the guess key game, it said play with either the right or left hand. So while I use the thumb for C, index finger for D, etc... initially for the right hand, then I get to F, G, A, B... do I use the pinky for all G, A, B? Or should I move around my right hand, so letting pinky only hit, for example, B, and then have the ringer finger to hit A, etc...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 20:39 #10153 by jimjim
One more question regarding gentle piano. I feel that the songs are playing really fast (much faster than the teaching videos). Is it supposed to be so?

More
11 May 2013 08:18 - 11 May 2013 08:19 #10167 by andreasro

jimjim wrote: 1) The lesson plan said play the game for 5 mins and note down the result. However, after 5 mins., the game is still going on (the resulting marks won't show until the tree is done.) If I finish the tree the time used will be longer than 5 mins (around 5mins 45s). Is there anyway to find the score at 5 mins then?

Add up coins to points on the basket then Press F1 to pause the game and note down total.

jimjim wrote: 2) For the guess key game, it said play with either the right or left hand. So while I use the thumb for C, index finger for D, etc... initially for the right hand, then I get to F, G, A, B... do I use the pinky for all G, A, B? Or should I move around my right hand, so letting pinky only hit, for example, B, and then have the ringer finger to hit A, etc...?

It doesn't matter which finger you press.
And if you continue practicing the finger exercises (the exercises for the First Level) you shall see that your fingers will touch the keys naturally, without you controling them voluntarily.

jimjim wrote: One more question regarding gentle piano. I feel that the songs are playing really fast (much faster than the teaching videos). Is it supposed to be so?

The rhythm in the module is designed to accommodate students of all learning levels and ages.
The teaching videos are the next stage in learning. They help to improve piano technique and accommodate student for a specific level of difficulty that's why they may differ in rhythm or metronome beats from their corresponding Gentle Piano version.

Note: When you go up the albums, in order of difficulty level, you shall sometimes reognize one song in a more challenging version and it can be longer and played faster than the one for beginners.

Hope this helps. :)

Andrea
Last edit: 11 May 2013 08:19 by andreasro.

More
11 May 2013 10:38 #10178 by jimjim
Andrea, thanks for the reply.

If my understanding below (regarding the fingering and rhythm) is incorrect, please do let me know.

While we all can add up the coins easily, I think the next version of the software should include a function to do that automatically. It's a computer program in the end. :)

For the fingering, you still haven't answered my question, actually. Just by the existence of finger exercises alone, you have hinted that some fingers should be hitting certain keys naturally. So if I use the thumb to hit the keys all the time, it will be "unnatural" in the long run. I will give the fingering exercise a look I guess.

For the rhythm level, again you still haven't answered my question. I'll take it that the answer is yes, i.e. if the rhythm of the songs is much faster in the gentle piano game than that of the teaching video, it is normal.

More
15 May 2013 19:11 #10251 by andreasro
:) We have Lubov Yanpolsky to help and guide online. Please make a thread in her Master Class category and feel free to ask any questions. She is very kind and has an outstanding teaching experience with Soft Mozart.

More
19 May 2013 04:36 #10290 by Mrs.Post
Replied by Mrs.Post on topic Jim's journey begins... :)
I've enjoyed this whole thread. I'm glad there are adults taking this seriously. Especially since my 2 year ols plays better than I can.

Jim, we anticipate the next version to be a vast improvement over this one. If you spend anything here at all and go through the announcements, you will note that we had some problems with maintaining control over our patent. As of March, this year, those troubles are behind us. We are working hard to develop this new version of the software. I think you will be happy with this new version.

Can you please make a note of all the things you would like to see in the new version and let us know. We expect to be running a trial in the Special needs community over the summer. And as we put ultimate "wish list" together, we cannot have everything we want, but we can certainly make the list of "Must Haves" and then "Nice to Have's".

You know, Hellene is back from the conference, you might ask for a skype lesson from her or Lubov. You probably need it. Andrea and I are just parents with children, our joint musical abilities are with toddlers. lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds