fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jim's journey begins... :)

More
28 Apr 2013 19:04 #10033 by jimjim
Hi! 38-year-old adult, a typical music-illiterate.

Just got my 61-key keyboard yesterday, been practising Hanon and Black and White Cat. My target is to train up myself (fast!) so that I can be my daughter's music teacher. Good luck for me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post, the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2013 22:16 #10035 by Ines
Replied by Ines on topic Jim's journey begins... :)
Good luck for both of you! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimjim

More
29 Apr 2013 08:03 #10040 by andreasro
Jim, welcome! You are fast! So glad to have you here.
It's been just few days since you contacted PTO and you're already learning! :woohoo:
This means your enthusiasm and practicing time will bring you progress and personal satisfaction and will give your child a model to follow and a special teacher in the family. You are planting the seeds of a world class music education in an enjoyable and warming environment: your home.

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimjim

More
29 Apr 2013 08:26 #10042 by jimjim
Replied by jimjim on topic Jim's journey begins... :)
Thanks Andrea. Actually, it's not quite smooth. My daughter won't let me have any free time whenever she's awake. She doesn't often like taking a nap in the afternoon either. She likes my new toy but so far she only kept banging on it. Believe it or not, even at her age she will wake up at 8-9 am and not sleep until 12:30 a.m., sometimes even later! So, I end up practising from 12:30 a.m. to around 1:30 a.m (closing the door, lowering the volume of keyboard and opening the window for a tiny bit to let in some fresh air in order not to disturb my neighbours). Though, I find quite some enjoyment in my practice. I'll upload the videos when I can do it a little better with both hands.

More
29 Apr 2013 08:44 #10043 by andreasro
My youngest awakes earlier... but he needs sleep :P

Regarding sound: use headphones connected to keyboard to play without anybody else hearing you ;)

Banging is normal for her age. You can show her videos of toddler playing piano. There are a lot on website or here on forum. They love to watch other children. Also, read this recent post of mine, maybe it will help too: http://softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-diaries/9975-journey-of-j-j-and-tj.html#10041

Andrea

More
29 Apr 2013 20:03 #10049 by jimjim
Replied by jimjim on topic Jim's journey begins... :)
My first attempts :)

Hanon:

Black and White Cat:

Three Sisters:

Do Major:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds