fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the Share Files Forum

Powerpoints for introductory songs

More
07 Feb 2012 10:31 - 18 Feb 2012 19:29 #1781 by lzp11
Ok, so I have been racking my brains for useful piano and solfege related activities to try with my DD aged 2yr 9 months, who is not quite ready for the piano and computer element of the programme.

I came up with the idea of creating a powerpoint presentation to go with the introductory songs - to help learn the order of notes etc - hopefully this will make the transition to actually playing the piano easier.

I have tried to create a presentation with fairly accurate tempo, so for HCB I needed to create 3 different Do's (1 second, 2 seconds and 4 seconds). It was a bit of a stretch to create the 4s clip - so apologies this sounds slightly odd.

Very happy to hear any ideas or suggestions for improvements!

Here is Hot Cross Buns:

File Attachment:

File Name: Hotcrossbuns.zip
File Size:2,150 KB

And Jingle Bells (with colour changes!)

File Attachment:

File Name: Jinglebells.zip
File Size:3,963 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Feb 2012 19:29 by lzp11.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, andreasro, Mela Bala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2012 14:47 #1784 by NadiaD
Thank you very much, Lee!
Awesome idea!

Would you please check music file for Do, it seems like there is echo going on when it's played, even when no repetition necessary. Thanks again!

More
07 Feb 2012 14:57 #1785 by lzp11
Thanks Nadia!
Which Do? (maybe which slide number)?
To make the timing accurate for the song, I had to artifically lengthen one of the Dos to make it a four count because the timing of this piece is:
Mi (2 count)
Re (2 count)
Do (4 count)
Repeated
And then:
Do (1 count)
Do (1 count)
Do (2 counts)
etc

This means that one of the Dos (the very long one) does sound odd as all I could think to do was to repeat part of the note to make it longer. I'm not sure what else to do!
Would it be better just to have a 2 count Do note and then leave a space for a few seconds instead?
Or was it another part of the song that sounded echoing?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
07 Feb 2012 15:13 #1790 by lzp11
OK maybe was being a bit too pedantic! Have amended and used a slightly longer Do note but it is not a 4 count, however it definitely does not sound so strange.
Better?
x
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, NadiaD

More
08 Feb 2012 03:39 #1812 by NadiaD
It is definitely better!
I would say close to perfect! I understand that you wanted to do exact the timing, but the timing thing can be practiced later on by using piano and SM software!

More
08 Feb 2012 15:16 #1821 by lzp11
Thanks Nadia! Will try to get round to the others as well :)

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds