fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2022-2023

Melissa Y - Lesson 2

More
28 Aug 2023 00:57 #48384 by Melissa Yeong
Hi Hellene,
I am uploading Lesson 2 of my lessons for your viewing.

(L2, Hanon 1)
(Hanon 2, Ascending)
(L13, C-Do Major Scale)
(Baa Baa Black Sheep)
(Jack & Jill)
(London Bridge)
(Mary Had a little lamb)
(Ten little Indians)
(The Mulberry Bush)
(Tom Tom The Finger's son)

Thanks
Melissa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Аким

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2023 12:40 #48403 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Melissa Y - Lesson 2
Hello, Melissa!
I watched all of your videos and see your good progress with fine motor skills development, both hands coordination and sightreading.
I will write in more details for each video in 1-2 days.
Are you folloing our weekly lesson plans online?

Back to the Mozart

More
28 Aug 2023 20:35 #48406 by Melissa Yeong
Replied by Melissa Yeong on topic Melissa Y - Lesson 2
Yes Hellene, I was actually towards to lesson 13 but now i back to lesson 2 as I did not record my previous learning, so I re start and back to lesson 2. So i can get your feedback how I can improve better.
I tried using the Metronome, i put 50, 60 and even 65, sometimes i can follow the beats and sometimes not. So i need to figure out which piece for which bpm. I also realised that i must remember which fingering for which keys so then i can play correctly with ease.
I look forward to your feedback on my videos. thank you so much and greatly appreciated.

More
28 Aug 2023 20:39 #48407 by Melissa Yeong
Replied by Melissa Yeong on topic Melissa Y - Lesson 2
you also mentioned about weekly lesson plans online. I only know this site to learn. globalmusiceducation.com/pages/piano-int...eginners-all-lessons
Is there other site that i can learn as well? I hope I am not missing out such a good resource.....:D

More
29 Aug 2023 09:59 #48410 by hellene

Melissa Yeong wrote: Hi Hellene,
I am uploading Lesson 2 of my lessons for your viewing.

(L2, Hanon 1)

You have excellent fingers awareness, fine motor skills and both hands coordination. I like endurance - you play through all the octaves.

(Hanon 2, Ascending)

Is Hanon 2 belongs to Lesson 2? Don't be so hard on yourself. You learned the exercise well, but play middle part faster. Every note in exercises are equal. If you want to continue mastering the exercise, please, play them slowly and evenly. Listen to this exercise first before playing it.

(L13, C-Do Major Scale)

C-Major sounds excellent. You are at initial stage learning to play with correct fingering. Keep going!

(Baa Baa Black Sheep)
(Jack & Jill)
(London Bridge)
(Mary Had a little lamb)
(Ten little Indians)
(The Mulberry Bush)
(Tom Tom The Finger's son)

Baa Baa Black ship - excellent reading. Only one suggestion: use 4th finger on G (Sol) - so, the next key will be with 5th
Jack and Jill - perfect fingering and overall reading
London Bridge - in this piece you handled 4th and 5th perfectly well
Mary had a little lamb - everything is great, but metronome. It is not time to use it. Don't rush your progress.
Ten little Indians - perfect
The Mulberry Bush - please, listen to the song by pressing S and play it on 5. You need to catch the meter and rhythm.
Tom Tom The Finger's son - the same: use 5 for meter - rhythm correction.

Over all, excellent progress.

Are you working on other sections of the lesson plans?

There are some very important suggestions to play on different visual presentations. What about the etudes for your eyes?

Looking forward to hear from you!

Thanks
Melissa[/quote]

Back to the Mozart

More
29 Aug 2023 10:06 #48411 by hellene

Melissa Yeong wrote: I tried using the Metronome, i put 50, 60 and even 65, sometimes i can follow the beats and sometimes not.

I see. After watching your videos I have to say that it is a little too early to use metronome. Don't rush.

So i need to figure out which piece for which bpm. I also realised that i must remember which fingering for which keys so then i can play correctly with ease.

You don't have to memorize anything. It is already coming your way after exercises. I see the progress.

I look forward to your feedback on my videos. thank you so much and greatly appreciated.

Happy learning! I am impressed with your progress in such a short time. :)

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds