fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2015-2016

Isabel S., AB, Canada

More
29 Feb 2016 14:21 #22253 by lorenn@3
Replied by lorenn@3 on topic Isabel S., AB, Canada
It's been 2 months since we started. She is almost 26 months old. We should be finishing Prep A Level- Segment 1.
Piano: She is still reluctant to play songs and excercises (thumb on Do and fingers of the right hand on do re me fa so).
Ear training: Mostly she learn about the note alphabet and did a lot of listening to mom playing and singing Surprise Symphony and Introductory Songs.
Also watching the Theory Theater, Do to Do song and Surprise symphony.
Naming fingers I've done it but she doesn't give me any feedback so I'm not sure if she knows them.
Guess key game: A very little progress. She looses interest easily.
Should we stay on this segment activities or continue to the next? I've noticed next segment is very similar to the first off course. At this age, I guess, progress is made at a slow pace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2016 08:14 #22254 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Isabel S., AB, Canada
Dear Lorenn!
Thank you very much for sharing the videos. You have such a pressious young lady, I enjoyed watching her practicing and will make my comments below about what I have noticed so far:

lorenn@3 wrote: It's been 2 months since we started. She is almost 26 months old. We should be finishing Prep A Level- Segment 1.
Piano: She is still reluctant to play songs and excercises (thumb on Do and fingers of the right hand on do re me fa so).

She will like the games, where you connect the Do Re Mi Fa So with her fingers' names. Just touch one finger at a time (Right hand) and say : Do Re Mi Fa So. It will be a 'bridge' from cards to piano keys.

Ear training: Mostly she learn about the note alphabet and did a lot of listening to mom playing and singing Surprise Symphony and Introductory Songs.

It shows in her Guess Key performance. She is doing a very good job on listening the notes and finding the keys. I suggest to play the game for less time (let's try for a minute of actual - not game - time). Do it more often.
It seems like she handle the keyboard very well, but just in case you may consider to visualy limit the space using these tricks:
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.442489...2883088098340&type=3

Also watching the Theory Theater, Do to Do song and Surprise symphony.

Great!

Naming fingers I've done it but she doesn't give me any feedback so I'm not sure if she knows them.

Keep doing it. It will show very soon.

Guess key game: A very little progress. She looses interest easily.

I have to disappoint you :P She is doing much above average! She is attentive, focused, she has excellent ear. She catches a lot of fruits for her age. I watched her closely: she is making a very good progress.

Should we stay on this segment activities or continue to the next? I've noticed next segment is very similar to the first off course. At this age, I guess, progress is made at a slow pace.

Continue to the next segment. I built the lesson plans the way when Prep B will be the continuation of A on slightly more advance level. Children of this age are not 'slow' - they are absorbing. To my opinion you have a very smart, focused baby that is attentive, have great logic and ear. You are doing excellent job teaching her.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: lorenn@3

More
01 Mar 2016 11:56 #22257 by lorenn@3
Replied by lorenn@3 on topic Isabel S., AB, Canada
Thank you for your feedback, tips and encouragement.
We'll continue practicing everyday and if everything goes well I'll post again next segment. :)

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds