fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2015-2016

Isabel S., AB, Canada

More
18 Jan 2016 20:26 #21687 by lorenn@3
Opening this topic for my 24 month old toddler who started piano about 10 days ago. Listening the Do to Do song. Playing with flash cards saying name of notes. Also trying to name fingers and working on positioning thumb in central Do. She is begging to understand the Guess the Key Game and so far gets three correct in a row naming them but soon looses atention.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2016 15:12 - 19 Jan 2016 15:14 #21707 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Isabel S., AB, Canada
Hello, Lorenn@3!

lorenn@3 wrote: Opening this topic for my 24 month old toddler who started piano about 10 days ago. Listening the Do to Do song. Playing with flash cards saying name of notes. Also trying to name fingers and working on positioning thumb in central Do. She is begging to understand the Guess the Key Game and so far gets three correct in a row naming them but soon looses atention.

It seems to me like we have to narrow the Guess key a little.
You may consider to use these tricks:
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.442489...2883088098340&type=3

Please, keep in mind that our goal is the best interest f the child. We have to stop or simplify the game to the point, when your child is feeling comfortable and engaged.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 15:14 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lorenn@3

More
21 Jan 2016 21:11 #21757 by lorenn@3
Replied by lorenn@3 on topic Isabel S., AB, Canada
About the Gueas Key Game: She knows the name of the notes and understands what to do. But she just thinks its funny watching the spider come out to pick the fruit. And saying "oops it fell" when she presses the wrong key on porpouse. :dry:
This will require a lot of patience. She wants to play with her own rules! :S
She enjoys listening to the do to do solfeggio and showing the flash cards to her stuffies. It's been difficult to catch her on video at any activity due to the short attention span.
This short video is from a couple days ago.

More
23 Jan 2016 10:15 #21789 by hellene

lorenn@3 wrote: About the Gueas Key Game: She knows the name of the notes and understands what to do.

I watched your video. You have a very smart and focused girl.

But she just thinks its funny watching the spider come out to pick the fruit. And saying "oops it fell" when she presses the wrong key on porpouse. :dry:

Lorenn, it is natural stage of learning. I am teaching educators about it (hope to finish writing my book about this issue very soon!)
I call first stage in learning ANYTHING 'autistic'. We all - not just our babies - at first don't know, where to focus and what is priority, when we learn something absolutely new. Wish me luck to write it ASAP to share it with you.

This will require a lot of patience.

Knowledge. When you know, where she is coming from, no patience is required. :P

She wants to play with her own rules! :S

We all are! We want to rely on established skills (neuron pathways that had been built already in our cortex)

She enjoys listening to the do to do solfeggio and showing the flash cards to her stuffies.

Yes! Because she already relies on her echoic memory and vision.

It's been difficult to catch her on video at any activity due to the short attention span.
This short video is from a couple days ago.

Even shortest video worth 1000 words and even 1 picture: what I see so far that your daughter is:

1. Be-lingual
2. Has excellent abstract thinking for her age (she already call the cards without saying the entire name)
3. She can focus
4. She gives her fullest attention to the task (saying all cards from Do to Ti)

Excellent girl, wonderful progress.

Back to the Mozart

More
04 Feb 2016 13:12 - 04 Feb 2016 18:51 #21940 by lorenn@3
Replied by lorenn@3 on topic Isabel S., AB, Canada
We had to stop practice for about a week as Isabel was sick. However today as I was setting up a table to practice the note alphabet I caught her playing with the cards and singing repeatedly do re mi... (only three notes) on her own. I don't have perfect pitch but their relative pitch sounded good to me. I was very excited because it's the first time that she not only says their names but actually sings them.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2016 18:51 by lorenn@3. Reason: Spelling

More
04 Feb 2016 17:34 #21943 by hellene

lorenn@3 wrote: We had to stop practice for about a week as Isabel was sick. However today as I was setting up a table to practice the note alphabet I caught her play with the cards and singing repeatedly do re mi... (only three notes) on her own. I don't have perfect pitch but their relative pitch sounded good to me. I was very excited because it's the first time that she not only says their names but actually sings them.

Excellent! Many Soft Mozart students develop perfect pitch with our modules. Especially with the Guess key. Singing out loud is greatly promoting the ear development.
If she will sing the songs that she plays solfeggio, she also will develop music memory and many other skills.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds