fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Teaching solfege to mixed ages

More
18 Dec 2011 02:07 #526 by NadiaD

interesting ideas in the video:
The following user(s) said Thank You: lzp11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2011 06:36 #529 by Mandabplus3
Yes interesting for sure. These hand movements are more extreme than what my girls learn at school. They go much higher and lower on the body. Ours are the same signals but they are between the lower belly and the eyes. I think both my girls can easily learn the first set perhaps playing around with it bit with my son (3) would be a good idea eventually he will start to copy the girls anyway. I wonder how long it will take me to learn to sing with hand signals? I doubt this will come easily for me....

More
18 Dec 2011 14:39 #530 by hellene
Nadia, thank you very much for sharing this information with us! I think that this approach is focused on teaching kids singing songs with no intention to teach them instrument, especially piano. It is maybe fun to have it as an extra activity for small kids, but later on won’t be as beneficial as playing piano and singing Solfeggio at the same time.
With Soft Mozart your DD will be exposed to many different piano pieces and she will develop her sense of tonality and music hearing most effectively and directly.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
18 Dec 2011 16:47 #535 by NadiaD
I totally agree with you, Hellene.

I agree that these signs are more helpful to use when teaching singing, I do not sing well solfeggio to fully teach DD the scales, that is why we will be focusing on singing the names of the notes while playing the scales on the piano.

More
20 Dec 2011 14:41 #557 by lzp11
These are very interesting, thank you! I think they might be a useful exercise for us to use alongside the Soft Mozart training program.

My DD is very physical and doing activities that involve moving her body are very appealing to her, so this could be a way to reinforce the teaching of solfege, plus we could play this alongside a powerpoint or slideshow showing the pictures for each of the notes.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds