fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Teaching solfege to mixed ages

More
14 Dec 2011 10:19 #479 by Mandabplus3
We had great time today familiarizing ourselves with our solfege picture cards. This was more of a challenge than I expected as I have almost lost my voice and cannot sing AT ALL! At times I could barely speak so I scratched my head to find other ways to make it work!
Firstly, I printed multiple copies of our flashcards. We spent time as a family colouring them in one at a time and discussing how the pictures relate to the sounds. My girls are thrass trained ( phonics program) so they decided that door and do are nothing alike! The link for the cards is below. My children really enjoyed colouring them in and i didnt have to sing, they did non stop though :whistle: www.softmozart.com/images/trynow/FlashCardsLevel1Page1.pdf
Once my eldest could sing do re me up and back we had a try playing it on the piano while singing to help connect the ear, voice and brain. This was great fun. My 3 year old decided to play it whilst wearing large rubber gloves! To my surprise and delight all three of them managed to play it DO to DO to DO! He did have to take off the gloves though :P my eldest sang with them all to help me out, she has a very good grasp of pitch, no wonder she topped music at school this year (proud mummy :silly: ) I have video footage but sadly utube will not talk to me :( I will try again later.
Now I did play the songs ( from here www.softmozart.com/images/trynow/Music%2...CardsLevel1Page1.pdf ) but I really don't like it and prefer to play it and sing it myself for them. The kids however love it and sing along so I had it playing until I went crazy :S
The girls have glued the DO, RE, ME in order and in reverse order ( onto card board ) and we have it stuck on the back of the toilet door, we will have to make another one though because they keep taking it off to play with! In think it will take no time for the kids to learn these, it may take me longer :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2011 17:05 #491 by hellene
Oh, boy! How much lough did I have reading this post! :)

Mandabplus3 wrote: We had great time today familiarizing ourselves with our solfege picture cards. This was more of a challenge than I expected as I have almost lost my voice and cannot sing AT ALL! At times I could barely speak so I scratched my head to find other ways to make it work!

Did you try singing all of the notes with the singer? :ohmy: Please, better chant them! We don't want you to loose your voice!

Firstly, I printed multiple copies of our flashcards. We spent time as a family colouring them in one at a time and discussing how the pictures relate to the sounds. My girls are thrass trained ( phonics program) so they decided that door and do are nothing alike! The link for the cards is below. My children really enjoyed colouring them in and i didnt have to sing, they did non stop though :whistle: www.softmozart.com/images/trynow/FlashCardsLevel1Page1.pdf

LOL

My 3 year old decided to play it whilst wearing large rubber gloves! To my surprise and delight all three of them managed to play it DO to DO to DO! He did have to take off the gloves though :P

He found that uncomfortable playing with the gloves? :P

my eldest sang with them all to help me out, she has a very good grasp of pitch, no wonder she topped music at school this year (proud mummy :silly: ) I have video footage but sadly utube will not talk to me :( I will try again later.

Of cause, You Tube doesn't talk to you: YOU LOST ALL YOUR VOICE! :P

Now I did play the songs ( from here www.softmozart.com/images/trynow/Music%2...CardsLevel1Page1.pdf ) but I really don't like it and prefer to play it and sing it myself for them. The kids however love it and sing along so I had it playing until I went crazy :S

:ohmy:

The girls have glued the DO, RE, ME in order and in reverse order ( onto card board ) and we have it stuck on the back of the toilet door, we will have to make another one though because they keep taking it off to play with! In think it will take no time for the kids to learn these, it may take me longer :dry:

Mom with such sense of humor just CAN'T be behind her kids in learning music!

Thank you for sharing your story and making my day!

Back to the Mozart

More
15 Dec 2011 08:54 #505 by Mandabplus3
You are most welcome :)
In the spirit of a good giggle Below is Jaykob playing piano in his "gloves"
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes Utube has decided to talk to me today, although in a some what husky voice :lol:
To keep this educational :P I did notice that he only uses one hand to play when he is wearing his gloves. I will remember this for the future in case he ever forgets he has two hands (with which to play the Piano!), but I may invest in a well fitted pair of fingerless gloves :silly:
Oh and as to them learning faster than me....Since I am aiming for "awesome Children" I would consider my job poorly done if they dont turn out better than me, I am fabulous but thats a long way from awesome ;)

More
15 Dec 2011 08:56 #506 by Mandabplus3
oops missed a bit of the file name, you will have to follow the link :)

More
15 Dec 2011 13:04 #507 by NadiaD
I enjoyed reading your post and watching the video of your son practicing. :)

My DD can not color well yet, but we'll give it a try.

Great job!

More
16 Dec 2011 19:10 #518 by ttteh
I had a good laugh too reading your post. Keep up the good work.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds