fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

A starter guide or curriculum?

More
12 Dec 2011 19:38 #466 by bella
hi i am viv from brillbaby and i got my software few months ago and I feel so guilty i still didn't use it . I believe so much in this software and that it is the way to go for somebody like me with no music background , but love to bless my kids with wonderful opportunity. they are already immersed in music from birth and to let them play an instrument would be a dream come true .
it is just not happening , consistency , slacking from my side ??? i am just not so confident , scared , i am so happy that i found this board , we can really be great motivation for eachothers , if you can make it work , i should , so please mums keep sharing , and helene you always inspired take our hands and guide us through the curriculum . i will be spending this evening reading through posts before i put my questions .
blessings
viv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2011 19:51 #467 by NadiaD
Welcome, bella! So good to see you here!

One of the reasons that I joined the group is the requirement to be active! That is the great stymulus to stay organized and focused during these 12 month subscribtion :)

Ladies, if you will see me disappear from the forum, do send me "Don't be a Slacker!" a message ;)

More
22 Dec 2011 10:13 - 22 Dec 2011 10:33 #598 by andreasro

ariel wrote: Definately great posts by everyone. So Hanon 1 are the finger exercises that the Starter Guide wants us to do for week 1?

Thanks,

Yes,
it's the first of them, simple and enjoyable one, like the five fingers exercise. :)
They are the firtst along with these in the videos found on the CD software:
- Chromatic Scale
- Triads in C major ("Three Sisters")
- C major

I like doing them each day and each moment I can, while my son doesn't know I'm playing the piano :lol: He wants it only for himself and usually no one else but him can play it while he's at it.

bella wrote: hi i am viv from brillbaby and i got my software few months ago and I feel so guilty i still didn't use it . I believe so much in this software and that it is the way to go for somebody like me with no music background , but love to bless my kids with wonderful opportunity. they are already immersed in music from birth and to let them play an instrument would be a dream come true .
it is just not happening , consistency , slacking from my side ??? i am just not so confident , scared , i am so happy that i found this board , we can really be great motivation for eachothers , if you can make it work , i should , so please mums keep sharing , and helene you always inspired take our hands and guide us through the curriculum . i will be spending this evening reading through posts before i put my questions .
blessings
viv

Welcome bella/viv!

Take it slow. Hellene's instructions make it easier for us. Read the 1 year lesson plan, watch what other BK moms are doing and sharing here on the forum, and you'll see that there are many ways you can start learning.

I know how you feel like.
I try to exercise each day as little as possible, whenever I can. Because my DD's English and Math lessons and others are on the laptop, which is in another room, I have to remember the piano exercises and songs sequence in the "Gentle Piano" and practice them.
With DD is different. He's not much into listening to instructions yet. :) But he knows the solfege. I show him the PPT lzp11 has made or he's singing it along with me while I press the keys on the piano or while I show him the cards I made (using Nadia's ideas). He's confusing symbols though or is hurrying or does not want to show the symbols as I'm teaching him. Maybe it has to do with what Hellene mentioned in one of her videos: the verbal expression comes before the brain's processing and relating things.
The good thing is that he's used to touch each key with one finger. He thought he could act like Tom the cat (from Tom and Jerry animated series) or like musicians on the piano by pressing both hands wherever on many keys at once :lol:

Andrea
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 10:33 by andreasro.

More
22 Dec 2011 10:18 #599 by andreasro
Hellene,

You say in the 1 year lesson plan, for the first week, that when playing "Hot Cross Buns" (from introductory songs) with the right hand we should use the correct fingering:
Mi - 3rd
Re - 4th
Do - 1st

What is the correct numbering when using fingers in playing piano? Isn't it:
1 thumb
2 index finger
3 middle finger
4 ring finger
5 little finger
?

Andrea

More
22 Dec 2011 13:29 #609 by bella
my cd software doesn't have any videos on it :( can anybody explain to me where to find them .
viv

More
22 Dec 2011 13:39 #612 by hellene
Andrea,
I think, it is just typo
Re is second ginger, of cause!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds