fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

A starter guide or curriculum?

More
07 Dec 2011 21:47 #401 by hellene

Mae_Jakob_Ka wrote: Oh boy, looks like I am not the only one with no music background here. I am glad I am not alone.

Having read through the post, I still am scratching my head because music is still a rocket science to me. However, I AM ALL IN!

Hellene is going to be a very busy lady for sure and big thanks for the links you jut posted. I am going to check them out and also read the older posts here so I will have ideas of how to plan the lessons.

Elle

Elle,
I am sure that we'll make it!

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2011 21:48 #402 by hellene
Forgot to answer this: we are shipping using Express mail. It usually takes 5-10 business days.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bossa, Mandabplus3

More
08 Dec 2011 02:22 #411 by Bossa
Thank for information. It helps on where to start. Unfortunately, I am preparing a keyboard as the Christmas present for my kids, so I will wait till New Year to get started on these exercises. I am just gathering info right now so to be prepared.

More
08 Dec 2011 02:38 #413 by NadiaD
"... download the first track of Alphabet Song and Cards here and learn how to place them in order: www.softmozart.com/teaching/how-to-get-s...it-for-yourself.html ..."

I really like this idea and will try tomorrow with my daughter.
Karma to you, Hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
10 Dec 2011 00:38 - 10 Dec 2011 00:39 #444 by andreasro

Mae_Jakob_Ka wrote: Hi Hellene,

A friend of mine bought SM last year. She told me that there is a SM curriculum I could download online.She said it's a starter guide and would be helpful if I read through the curriculum before start teaching, especially when I have little to none music background.

Do you know where I could download it?

Thanks!!

Elle

Hi Elle,
As Hellene said, the starter guide is on the CD, you can't miss it. :)
It can be scary to read at first.
Hellene really made a learning curriculum well organized, explained, with things to do for each week, split in few parts, each part having certain connected exercises.

After reading just few pages I think that it's an ideal curriculum. And we need to individualize it for each of us using it. That's what Hellene was refering, right?
I mean, my son can not follow all that in the same time suggested in the guide. I'll just begin with what's easiest for him and add on gradually what he can do in the present moment. By using "trial and error" - I try to see if he's ready for something, and if the reaction is bad, either I change something in the learning process or leave it for a later time.

As for myself, boy, the stretching exercise is challenging. And the games in the software are very interesting and challenging too.
After trying a bit I say it's no joke! I really have to practice! :lol: And I like it, it's enjoyable.

The great thing about this guide, and videos and all related is that you know you should take things in a certain order and you know WHY, you get explanations for each thing you should do.

Andrea
Last edit: 10 Dec 2011 00:39 by andreasro.

More
11 Dec 2011 19:37 #458 by ariel
Definately great posts by everyone. So Hanon 1 are the finger exercises that the Starter Guide wants us to do for week 1?

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds