fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Elissa - 4.5 years old - Level B/C

More
01 Nov 2013 17:59 #12266 by lzp11
We've been waiting a long time for E to get started on the SM curriculum but she finally seems ready to go :cheer:

We've been playing gentle piano and guess key over the past year or so, very small steps. I have been debating between Level B and C, I think she could do most of C so we will start with this. The main difficulty may be maintaining concentration on the games for as long as 3-5 minutes.

We play 4-5 times a week.

Progress to date:

Guess key: best score 233 at 2:57 mins
i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii494/lzp11...1113_zps526c0ff1.jpg

Piano exercises (played before each lesson):
Hanon 1 (both hands)
Black cat white cat (separate hands)
Divergent scale of C (with cross over and under)
Do-Mi-Sol chords (both hands)

Gentle piano:
We have learned from the introductory album: HCB, Ode to Joy, Jingle Bells and French Song (by heart). It was very helpful to play along with Hellene on the videos to help with steady beat and timing.

Currently working two songs from Classics 1: Morning Mood and Ode to Joy
Latest scores:
Ode to Joy: P1 86/88 t62,
P1 82/88 t51
Morning Mood: P1 105/105 t63
PH1 100/105 t55

I will upload some videos of the introductory songs soon.
We are also doing the ear training and other activities from the curriculum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2013 20:51 - 01 Nov 2013 20:51 #12267 by lzp11
Here are some videos of introductory songs. They are a few months old - it is amazing to look back as she has already gained a lot in confidence since then. The past 3-4 months have shown an incredible development. We are working on curly fingers too :)

She learned these songs by singing them but this is not shown in the videos here.

Last edit: 01 Nov 2013 20:51 by lzp11.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Ines, the Moon

More
03 Nov 2013 19:22 #12286 by hellene
Hi, Lee!
Great to see, how everything starting flourishing now!

lzp11 wrote: We've been waiting a long time for E to get started on the SM curriculum but she finally seems ready to go :cheer:

We've been playing gentle piano and guess key over the past year or so, very small steps. I have been debating between Level B and C, I think she could do most of C so we will start with this. The main difficulty may be maintaining concentration on the games for as long as 3-5 minutes.

By watching your 'before' and 'after' videos I can say: level of concentration increased drastically. But we have to go with 'motivation/joy' lead. So, SHE is a queen here. If she decides 1-2 minutes, let it be this way.

We play 4-5 times a week.

Progress to date:

Guess key: best score 233 at 2:57 mins
i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii494/lzp11...1113_zps526c0ff1.jpg

Well, it is very impressive for her age. Is she singing notes names?

Piano exercises (played before each lesson):
Hanon 1 (both hands)
Black cat white cat (separate hands)
Divergent scale of C (with cross over and under)

Wish to see that :P

Do-Mi-Sol chords (both hands)

I remember: have to record myself playing the exercises, but still too busy with other staff.

Gentle piano:
We have learned from the introductory album: HCB, Ode to Joy, Jingle Bells and French Song (by heart). It was very helpful to play along with Hellene on the videos to help with steady beat and timing.

Christmas Carols? Jolly Old Saint Nickolas, Deck the Halls, Angels we have heard on high? I think, she will be fine playing such pieces.

Currently working two songs from Classics 1: Morning Mood and Ode to Joy
Latest scores:
Ode to Joy: P1 86/88 t62,
P1 82/88 t51

Let me know, how memorization of the piece will go. I have mane 'cases', when kids got frustrated with this piece. If it would occur, I will share some tricks with you.

Morning Mood: P1 105/105 t63
PH1 100/105 t55

I will upload some videos of the introductory songs soon.
We are also doing the ear training and other activities from the curriculum.

Well, Morning Mood numbers sounds promising to me. Let me check the videos.

Back to the Mozart

More
03 Nov 2013 19:55 - 03 Nov 2013 21:11 #12288 by hellene
Well, what can make a music teacher happy?
I think, Beethoven wrote his famous 'Fur Elise' to a girl like our Elissa :lol:
Please, let her know, that she made me very happy!

lzp11 wrote: Here are some videos of introductory songs. They are a few months old - it is amazing to look back as she has already gained a lot in confidence since then. The past 3-4 months have shown an incredible development. We are working on curly fingers too :)

Yes, I see a wonderful progress! Have a question to ask: I am being invited to be a guest speaker on XII International scientific-practical conference "Modern music education - 2013" in St Petersburg (Russia)
It will be held in en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herzen_University

My audience will be renowned educators from Moscow, St Petersburgh, Saratov and other conservatories/universities.

May I use footage of your daughter 'before' and 'after' working with the program? I found couple of very impressive moments from the videos that you sent to me for the 'EVERYONE CAN' project.

She learned these songs by singing them but this is not shown in the videos here.

Yes, she is making a remarkable progress! Everything works as is should.
Looking forward to receiving more information about her learning experience!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 03 Nov 2013 21:11 by hellene.

More
09 Nov 2013 20:12 #12332 by lzp11
Hanon 1

Black Cat White Cat
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
09 Nov 2013 20:13 #12333 by lzp11
Divergent scale C

Morning Mood on PH1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ines, the Moon

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds