fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Blaise age 6 US-credit documentation

More
07 Mar 2013 00:38 #8680 by linzy
Thank you Hellene!

I inserted that picture. I actually didn't even know you could turn off the touch sensitive mode, I will have to look into that. My littlest one, sometimes plays so quietly that there isn't even any sound.

I do have one question on your statement:

Here I would recommend to take it easier. If to move to 6th very soon and to practice only one song at a time, he would 'pretend' reading it, but rather memorize the piece. I would go to Nursery Primer, would play the entire Album by R, L and P on 2 (to create straight connection between spaces/lines and piano keys) and 4. Set the goal to make less and less mistakes. If Nursery already played, it is OK to play FCPrimer, but again - entire Album using R, L and then P.

So would you play a new song each day on R,L and P. Or would you play the same song a few days in a row until it was less than 5 errors? And then after the whole book has been played on 2 would you then play it on 4?

I will try to video him today so you can see how he is doing. Thanks for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2013 04:06 #8745 by linzy
Here are some videos:
The first is musette, he has bee playing this for a while and was trying to play with the videos, but was struggling to follow your hands, we are having him play with the hidden notes though to keep his playing in time. Score 4PH 70/70 t15

The next is Ode to Joy from favorite classics 1. Today is his third day learning to play this. Score: 1P 88/88 t60

Finally here is a video of him sight reading the alphabet song with both hands. This was his first time with this song. Score: 2P 47/48 t47

The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, the Moon

More
18 Mar 2013 20:22 - 18 Mar 2013 20:23 #8897 by linzy
Here is my son playing Do Major with both hands. Sorry the video is kind of dark, I didn't realize the room was dim at the time.

Last edit: 18 Mar 2013 20:23 by linzy.

More
21 Mar 2013 03:05 #8928 by hellene
Not bad!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: linzy

More
21 Mar 2013 03:12 #8929 by hellene

linzy wrote: Thank you Hellene!

I inserted that picture. I actually didn't even know you could turn off the touch sensitive mode, I will have to look into that. My littlest one, sometimes plays so quietly that there isn't even any sound.

I do have one question on your statement:

Here I would recommend to take it easier. If to move to 6th very soon and to practice only one song at a time, he would 'pretend' reading it, but rather memorize the piece. I would go to Nursery Primer, would play the entire Album by R, L and P on 2 (to create straight connection between spaces/lines and piano keys) and 4. Set the goal to make less and less mistakes. If Nursery already played, it is OK to play FCPrimer, but again - entire Album using R, L and then P.

So would you play a new song each day on R,L and P. Or would you play the same song a few days in a row until it was less than 5 errors? And then after the whole book has been played on 2 would you then play it on 4?

I will try to video him today so you can see how he is doing. Thanks for the help!

I think the goal for such gradual learning is happiness of the student and his parents.
You may start from very easy part, like, presentation 2 and with separate hands. The rule is 'mo more than 5 mistakes - and time less then amount of minutes. If this doable easy, set more complicated goal.
If you/your child play without struggle and recognizing music and enjoying reading it - this is your pace. If the task is too easy or if you experiencing way to much struggles, set moderate goal and start building your skills from it.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: linzy

More
21 Mar 2013 03:16 #8930 by hellene

linzy wrote: Here are some videos:
The first is musette, he has bee playing this for a while and was trying to play with the videos, but was struggling to follow your hands, we are having him play with the hidden notes though to keep his playing in time. Score 4PH 70/70 t15

The next is Ode to Joy from favorite classics 1. Today is his third day learning to play this. Score: 1P 88/88 t60

Finally here is a video of him sight reading the alphabet song with both hands. This was his first time with this song. Score: 2P 47/48 t47

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds