fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Summer 2012 Curriculum

Summer Curriculum Schedule

More
21 Jun 2012 22:58 #4547 by Mandabplus3
Oh yes great translating :) I get English in my emails too! Thank goodness! Lol although if I follow an email link I get gobble dock! Lol
We shall do the chords activity suggested in the other link and post our findings today and tomorrow :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2012 15:30 #4750 by omshree
Replied by omshree on topic Summer Curriculum Schedule
Hi Manda,
Om here :) How are you?Just able to come out of computer problems and managing to look at the posts and could see about summer curriculum, but still not sure what we should do and how and what to practice?
If you have any tips and if there is a detailed post by hellene about the summer curriculum please let me know where to find.

thanks,
Om

More
02 Jul 2012 22:17 #4754 by Mandabplus3
Om, I am not much good to you here, it isn't explained in a way I can re word. I shal try...
The basic gist of it is..... We are trying to see if our ears can pick the correct chords to go with the music. So open up a simple album and play it (press s) then have a go at playing the left hand. Then have a go at playing the left hand by ear with the notes hidden. By doing this you are developing your ability to pick out a matching chord to go with a tune. This is incredibly useful for learning guitar and composing. Which may seem a long way off but...my kids are already doing it. They compose with their right hand melody only, so they really need to learn this skill! Once you can pick out chords, it's an easy translation to learning a few chords on guitar and playing songs on guitar ( which let's face it all boys want to do one day!)
Personally I find this really difficult. But I can see it's has great value long term. So I will get stuck into it. It's a skill I wish I learnt as a kid!
The point is to listen to the notes in the melody and see if you can find some chords to match, that don't sound rotten! :lol: In traditional music lessons this is taught in a very inorganic boring way! Memorization of matching combinations usually! Yuck! This way is much more fun and useful.
Does that help, any more questions?

More
04 Jun 2013 05:23 #10638 by jamesmillsia
Will there be a 2013 Summer Curriculum Schedule?

More
04 Jun 2013 10:06 #10649 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Summer Curriculum Schedule

jamesmillsia wrote: Will there be a 2013 Summer Curriculum Schedule?

Yes! We are officially starting 15th of June and will have the guidelines published later this week.

We just finished our Graduation Recital and celebrating all the participants, one at a time. I think, it is very important to learn not just how to perform, but how to encourage others for learning and progressing in piano. This motivates and children and adults and makes every person appreciated and cherished for spiritual growth.

I am looking forward to helping you in every aspect of this experience for many successful and happy years to come.

Welcome!

Back to the Mozart

More
04 Jun 2013 14:43 #10661 by cher-galka
Елена, Вы педагог от Бога!!!
На себе ощутила жуткую потребность в поддержке и похвале! А что тогда говорить о малышах... С удовольствием просматриваю видеоролики концерта. Все такие молодцы!!! Сколько усердия, души вложено в выступления каждого, чтобы понравиться тете Лене :) :) :) Конечно поддержим наших деток!!!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds