fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Christina's progress with Softmozart .

More
21 Mar 2013 08:31 - 22 Mar 2013 04:43 #8941 by bella
SO we are back , should have done this long time ago, unfortunately so many things for me to do , it never happened . my Tina is so motivated to play but gets easily frustrated . We had Soft Mozart for a while now but were never consistent in learning till wonderful Helena offered her personal assistance on Skype . Talking to her is so inspiring , thank you helena .After the session my daughter was more determined to play .Then we hit a wall , it is her character , she will get a piece in no time left then right then puff no both hands she couldn't do it , get bored from the piece and jump to another one , she just couldn't tolerate making so many mistakes with 2 hands when her scores were so good with single hand so she decided she cannot do it . Helena explained to me that she can make as many mistakes as she can first time but it is important to practice ,
right and left hands when working together develop corpus callosum - bridge between right and left part of the brain
It is very important to develop this bridge - it will help her with everything in future .
I decided to go back to the start and replay the introductory songs . With Helena we choose 2 songs : hot cross bun and french song and it is our goal for this week . I hope by Sunday she would have mastered them ( with both hands ) and to keep me accountant here I am starting this diary which actually is great motivation for her . There is something magical about them watching their own video clip playing . I loaded my first to you tube to show Helena and Tina loved that . I told her we will have to post new ones every Sunday after a week of practice and she now cannot wait to practice . oh and also i moved our piano to the main room where we spend most of our time . As many of you know I have a very hurt older daughter who takes a lot of my time . Around Christmas i moved our piano to our bedroom to make space to our Christmas tree and decided to leave it there . Nope bad idea out of sight , out of mind and piano learning just didn't happen . having it back in the main room , even when I am there but busy with her sister , Tina and her brother are happy to practice .
Another trick that works great , not good to say piano time go and play , nope . what works better is when mama decided she is going to practice , suddenly the young ones are all over me trying to push me off my chair and take my place because they want to do it themselves .
Honestly i battle with them to come and play piano and they don't want to stop whatever they are playing with . As soon as i start playing they leave everything and in seconds they take over the keyboard :)
anyway sorry for such long introduction . Like I said i am so motivated , and i feel more committed now that i started this dairy and promise to give weekly reports on our progress .
I will post this one and later post a video of Tina playing , the first one i took of her . Now i must run , I have to give my older daughter an oxygen session . Thank you for reading .love xxx Viv

Last edit: 22 Mar 2013 04:43 by bella.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2013 11:22 #8944 by hellene
Viv, it i so wonderful to see you here and be able to watch the Tina's progress.
Tell all the kids that I am going to wait every week to see the videos!
Motivation is very important part of learning! Do not feel embarrassed, if they lose it again. We'll come up with another strategy.
Meanwhile, please, read my post about stages in learning with Soft Mozart. Maybe, it will give you some clearer picture of how and what should you practice with kids and in what direction to develop their skills. There are 3 posts: about motivation and stages in learning:
softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hiners-b...tml?limit=6&start=24

Back to the Mozart

More
22 Mar 2013 04:23 #8959 by bella
thank you Helena , can somebody please tell me how to get my videos here ??
Also matthew who is 4.5 years old , who refuses any formal lessons but learning in the background and attempt playing from tiem to time was very motivated from his sister progress and asked me to help him . We do have a problem : he is left handed and he is not getting the left and right hand thing , so when looking at the screen playing R he tries to use his left hand to play , and when pressing L also , not sure how to make him play with his right hand ???
viv

More
22 Mar 2013 04:35 - 22 Mar 2013 04:36 #8960 by hellene

bella wrote: thank you Helena , can somebody please tell me how to get my videos here ??

You have to sign for You Tube account (if you do not have one) and upload video to You Tube first: www.youtube.com/
After that you just copy/past the link of the video from window browser.

Also matthew who is 4.5 years old , who refuses any formal lessons but learning in the background and attempt playing from tiem to time was very motivated from his sister progress and asked me to help him . We do have a problem : he is left handed

This is not a problem. He may be a genius! :lol:

and he is not getting the left and right hand thing , so when looking at the screen playing R he tries to use his left hand to play , and when pressing L also , not sure how to make him play with his right hand ???
viv

Start with what he likes. Ask him to play L on 4-5 pieces. After that ask him to use left hand, when the hand is suppose to be Right
After that ask him to try right hand with the... right hand for a change or a little treat.

He will be just fine. Just remove this 'forbidden fruit' out of the picture! ;)

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 22 Mar 2013 04:36 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bella

More
22 Mar 2013 04:36 #8961 by bella
Helena in the link you recommended there was a post about polishing fingering . You say : They first play R and RH, L and LH and P with PH.
sorry but what is RH , we play R , L than P ??
viv

More
22 Mar 2013 04:38 #8962 by hellene

bella wrote: Helena in the link you recommended there was a post about polishing fingering . You say : They first play R and RH, L and LH and P with PH.
sorry but what is RH , we play R , L than P ??
viv

When you press P, kids suppose to play with both hands
H stands for Hiding notes
Press RH on computer to hide Right hand notes, LH - left, P - both

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bella

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds