fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Progress of Mel02 -- 4.5 year old (4th week)

• Mel02
  • Mel02's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jun 2013 17:35 #11160 by Mel02
We looked into piano over the weekend. Wonder if we really need a piano eventually.

We were told about the Grand piano and upright piano. As to key, the grand does not need to be fully released to do the sound again while the upright needs. Then back home we tried digital, it does what the grand piano do -- no need to fully release the key.

As to the petals, the middle of the Yamaha petal is more of a muter, not bass sustain petal. My digit have two petals and we can adjust volume. So it is comparable to upright.

Then some piano has light touch and some have more resistance. Dealer say it does not matter. Then wonder why we would need a piano.

Curious that people say it would develop a wrong feeling of finger and the finger will not be strong, will the kid finger be not strong if we continue on digital?

We would want the journey of piano to be long and successful. So wonder when we would need a piano.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mel02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jul 2013 17:22 #11450 by Mel02
It is summer time. I now understand why the curriculum take easy in Summer. Melody suddenly opened to swimming and almost want to go swimming every day, she was able to jump, walking in water with head under water and swim a couple of meters in last couple of weeks. So we are doing less Piano learning than I would have hoped.

Helene has kindly advised us on the Boogie set "Cat Boogie, Robot Rock, Indian Boogie, Halloween Boogie and The Yellow Rose of Texas". Melody has been working on these songs and can do P5 for Cat Boogie (<7), Robot Rock (about 15), Indian Boogie (around 10)now. When following the teaching video, her left hand is not doing staccato. And the Robot Rock without Rhyme one is really fast. Indian Boogie, she picked it us very quick, but when getting to higher level, it seems not easy. The timing is always 20+. Then we found by doing hidden on left hand or all, she is able to do under 20 . (we are going to load some videos this couple of days.)

Also, really thank Helene on advising the purchase of piano. It is not the time yet. :)

We are introducing SoftMozart to friends. A friend with her two daughters (learning piano from teacher) came visit and Melody demoed the use of Mozart. My friend raised a question about the speed, in what speed, 80 or 100 in P5. Her older one finger is faster for her knowing songs. She suggest that maybe there should be a way to adjust speed? I began wondering then, since the other day I happened to see when SoftMozart launched, the CPU of the machine goes to 100% from 6% and stayed there. Then will a slow machine make SM slow, then when kids play song, they have to play slowly?

Another question is about singing along, for these Boogie song, there are a lot of black key, so do we still want to sing along, what to sing now instead of Dol, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol? Also, when there are chords, how to sing it, Melody refused to sing since she does not know what to sing of these combined sounds. Shall we sing the lowest note or highest note in the chords? Different way to sing for right hand, left hand?

Shouldn't we keep sing along?

More
11 Jul 2013 20:44 #11456 by hellene

Mel02 wrote: It is summer time. I now understand why the curriculum take easy in Summer. Melody suddenly opened to swimming and almost want to go swimming every day, she was able to jump, walking in water with head under water and swim a couple of meters in last couple of weeks. So we are doing less Piano learning than I would have hoped.

Yes, we have the 'summer' portion of summer now! ;) Enjoy some swimming time! We are going to be back in shape in August to be completely prepared for September.

Helene has kindly advised us on the Boogie set "Cat Boogie, Robot Rock, Indian Boogie, Halloween Boogie and The Yellow Rose of Texas". Melody has been working on these songs and can do P5 for Cat Boogie (<7), Robot Rock (about 15), Indian Boogie (around 10)now. When following the teaching video, her left hand is not doing staccato.

It is a challenge - requires different movements in each hand. Very good for Melody's brain, though! She will make it sooner or later!

And the Robot Rock without Rhyme one is really fast. Indian Boogie, she picked it us very quick, but when getting to higher level, it seems not easy. The timing is always 20+. Then we found by doing hidden on left hand or all, she is able to do under 20 . (we are going to load some videos this couple of days.)

Great! I will be happy to view them and comment!

[/uote]Also, really thank Helene on advising the purchase of piano. It is not the time yet. :)

We are introducing SoftMozart to friends. A friend with her two daughters (learning piano from teacher) came visit and Melody demoed the use of Mozart. My friend raised a question about the speed, in what speed, 80 or 100 in P5. Her older one finger is faster for her knowing songs. She suggest that maybe there should be a way to adjust speed? I began wondering then, since the other day I happened to see when SoftMozart launched, the CPU of the machine goes to 100% from 6% and stayed there. Then will a slow machine make SM slow, then when kids play song, they have to play slowly? [/quote]

The right speed is in Videos. All what you should be concern in the program that number on right is smaller then number on left. Even our best students can't make 0 by playing pieces using 2 hands. But to be able to follow the video is about right measurement.

Another question is about singing along, for these Boogie song, there are a lot of black key, so do we still want to sing along, what to sing now instead of Dol, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol? Also, when there are chords, how to sing it, Melody refused to sing since she does not know what to sing of these combined sounds. Shall we sing the lowest note or highest note in the chords? Different way to sing for right hand, left hand?

Shouldn't we keep sing along?

Melody should sing only right hand. It is OK if the notes there are sharps or flats. She will remember them on pitch level since program promotes development of perfect pitch. There is no need to sing notes of the left hand.

Back to the Mozart

• Mel02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Jul 2013 18:36 #11468 by Mel02
Here is the videos,

Play with Soft Mozart P5,

Cat Boogie 99/99-7

Robot Rock 162/164-14

Indian Boogie 292/292-10

Play with Teaching Video with Rhythm

Play with Teaching Video

More
15 Jul 2013 18:20 #11469 by the Moon
Bravissimo, Melody!!!! :) You are superstar!

More
15 Jul 2013 21:14 #11470 by hellene
I watched all the videos. The progress of Melody is steady and piano technique development is very good.
Do you play exercises?

I think, this month will be nice to focus on sight-reading and chords.
Did you read, how to work on them in our Summer curriculum section?

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds