fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Progress of Mel02 -- 4.5 year old (4th week)

• Mel02
  • Mel02's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Mar 2013 21:46 #8855 by Mel02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mel02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Mar 2013 05:12 - 18 Mar 2013 05:17 #8889 by Mel02
Progress video

Last edit: 18 Mar 2013 05:17 by Mel02.

More
18 Mar 2013 13:33 #8896 by the Moon
Well done, Melody! She is great!
In my opinion she has a very good hands and perfect motor skills. Lets wait what Hellene will say about it!
Excellent progress!!!

• Mel02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2013 17:08 #8916 by Mel02
Wonder if who can have more explanation

From the book -- You can be musician, after the sequence of skip 0, 1, 2 step, it say, 'All other combinations of notes are derived from these three sequences, known as musical inversions.'

Why we say musical inversion here? Do we mean the sequence in the forward order is the inversion of the same sequence in backward order. The three sequences (skip 0,1,2 step) in forward and backward = all combination of sequences.

Also wonder if Helene has any chances of checking Melody's playing and having any advice or suggestions?

We started to play "a small fir-tree" this week in Introductory Song album, the note jump from Re to Ti and she was doing more by whatever finger beginning, so I suggested the finger position after watching the teaching video. Is this right? Or shall wait for her to figure out herself --- this one is a new pattern and not sure if she is able to figure out, since her finger 4 or 5 are still weak and would not be her first choice to play Ti or high Do.

The other plan is to play the earlier songs "Hot Cross Bun", "French Song", "Ode To Joy", "Jingle Bell" without computer this week, then next week introduce the metronome, then we go back to Soft Mozart again to align with Soft Mozart again.

Wonder if Hannon is also in Soft Mozart, it will help to see if they do the rhyme correctly.

More
20 Mar 2013 21:50 #8918 by hellene
Dear Mel02,
Sorry for being a little late with my replies!
If you miss my advice or comment, feel free to send a reminder to my inbox.
I am impressed with your daughter first steps! She has excellent hands and great fine motor skills.
Are you teaching to play exercises? Hanon, Chromatic scale, Chords, C Major? It is in TEACHING VIDEOS.

Mel02 wrote: Wonder if who can have more explanation

From the book -- You can be musician, after the sequence of skip 0, 1, 2 step, it say, 'All other combinations of notes are derived from these three sequences, known as musical inversions.'

Why we say musical inversion here? Do we mean the sequence in the forward order is the inversion of the same sequence in backward order. The three sequences (skip 0,1,2 step) in forward and backward = all combination of sequences.

Because C-D can be 2 and 7
C-E can be 3 and 6 and
C-F can be 4 and 5

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversion_%28music%29#Intervals

Therefore, if to learn 3 circles (we do it with SolFa names), the entire Music Alphabet is covered.

Also wonder if Helene has any chances of checking Melody's playing and having any advice or suggestions?

Yes! She is ready to move on to Favorite Classics 1 - Musette, Largo, Morning Mood; or to Nursery 1 - This Old Man, Hickory Dickory Dock, Little Dog Gone, Pop! Goes the Weasel. Please, keep using1 or 3 for her technique developing pieces!

Drop the 'Fir Tree' or (if you want to) you may polish the piece *alone with all other Introductory songs* with our TEACHING VIDEOS. Ask her to play alone with the videos: softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-videos.html

Did you ask her to play with notes hidden? RH, LH and PH for all the pieces that she had learned so far? It has to be done before playing with the videos.

You may start reading music (Nursery Primer, Fav Classic Primer on 2, 4, 5 and 6. Set a goal to play entire Album and make less then 5, 4,3,2,1 mistakes). After that reading Keyboard encounters. Do not let her play any piece more then twice! She has excellent music memory! She quickly memorizes her pieces and will pretend reading.

We started to play "a small fir-tree" this week in Introductory Song album, the note jump from Re to Ti and she was doing more by whatever finger beginning, so I suggested the finger position after watching the teaching video. Is this right?

If she is perceptive, absolutely! They resist (or don't hear our suggestions, when they don't have enough 'room' in their mind for fingering yet)

Or shall wait for her to figure out herself --- this one is a new pattern and not sure if she is able to figure out, since her finger 4 or 5 are still weak and would not be her first choice to play Ti or high Do.

This is another option. As a classically trained piano player at first I was very anxious about correct fingers working with Soft Mozart for couple of first years. After that I had notice that kids, after playing exercises, manage their fingers very reasonably and need our involvement much less then we think.

The other plan is to play the earlier songs "Hot Cross Bun", "French Song", "Ode To Joy", "Jingle Bell" without computer this week, then next week introduce the metronome, then we go back to Soft Mozart again to align with Soft Mozart again.

I see her potentials. She can make the transition faster. Very talented girl.

Wonder if Hannon is also in Soft Mozart, it will help to see if they do the rhyme correctly.

Yes, Hanon a must. We play ir with each hand, with saying the keys, with metronome and with timer :woohoo:

Please, check TEACHING VIDEOS section to see, how I teach to play it. Again, feel free to contact me, if you need me asap. I also available on Skype Sundays.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mel02

• Mel02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2013 19:02 #8974 by Mel02

Are you teaching to play exercises? Hanon, Chromatic scale, Chords, C Major? It is in TEACHING VIDEOS.

Yes. We did Hannon, C Major and pickup up Chromatic scale and Chords now. Continue work on these.

Because C-D can be 2 and 7
C-E can be 3 and 6 and
C-F can be 4 and 5

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversion_%28music%29#Intervals

Thank you very much. I saw the link before, but this time with your pointing, I am able to see what it is now.

Another thing I am confused, when count mosquito as in curriculum, does mosquito mean missing note, so we would say between C and C, C and D the mosquito is 0. 1 mosquito between between C and E , between E and G.

Should we maybe just use the interval above or the mosquito helps in another way. I am confused about the different way of measuring/counting distance between notes -- some way count half step.

So is that each way help differently and how?

Yes! She is ready to move on to Favorite Classics 1 - Musette, Largo, Morning Mood; or to Nursery 1 - This Old Man, Hickory Dickory Dock, Little Dog Gone, Pop! Goes the Weasel. Please, keep using1 or 3 for her technique developing pieces!

Thank you very much for the guidance. I checked it out and see that Musette will be more natural for her to pick up next. Really appreciate for the direction.

Did you ask her to play with notes hidden? RH, LH and PH for all the pieces that she had learned so far? It has to be done before playing with the videos.

Yes. She did all that. We did more RH and then PH, often skip LH. Is that okay? It seems she likes to play on higher level like 5 and 6 when play hidden. Shall we do on lower level?

You may start reading music (Nursery Primer, Fav Classic Primer on 2, 4, 5 and 6. Set a goal to play entire Album and make less then 5, 4,3,2,1 mistakes). After that reading Keyboard encounters. Do not let her play any piece more then twice! She has excellent music memory! She quickly memorizes her pieces and will pretend reading.

She is not keen on learning read yet. I did not know how to teach too until last week I saw one of Helene's video, teaching a little girl about Musette? Could not find the video again. Shall we have another forum with thes tip lesson video? I ramdomly hit some video about soft mozart in youtube.

If she is perceptive, absolutely! They resist (or don't hear our suggestions, when they don't have enough 'room' in their mind for fingering yet)

She picks it up a couple of day after mentioning.

This is another option. As a classically trained piano player at first I was very anxious about correct fingers working with Soft Mozart for couple of first years. After that I had notice that kids, after playing exercises, manage their fingers very reasonably and need our involvement much less then we think.

Will try that. The new direction of next step you pointed shall help.

Yes, Hanon a must. We play ir with each hand, with saying the keys, with metronome and with timer :woohoo:

Hanon and other finger exercise, are they in any album in software?

Btw, not sure how to drop a message into your inbox. Private message? It says "No results found" for any name I tried for recipients.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds