fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Manda Adult beginner First Month

More
05 Jan 2012 10:47 #896 by Mandabplus3
Oh I wasn't using H to hide the notes, I just walked up to the piano had a go and realized I had it memorized! But now that I know that H is what I should press I shall :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 16:20 - 05 Jan 2012 16:21 #903 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: 10 to 15 pieces at a time! Helene you have a lot of faith in me! Apparently more than I have in myself :unsure: Ok I shall work up to that. I see my daughter doing her traditional piano lessons and clearly her brain can only handle 2 or 3 pieces at a time so I assumed... Silly me! I fully understand it just isn't the same with soft Mozart. Just the ability to hear the piece playing first would make the world of difference. Let alone all the visual support. Will I spend the whole year in constant surprise with my jaw on the floor! :)
I will work on a video for you (all) soon, I am sure Jaykob will make a great videographer :woohoo: So you can advise on my technique or anything else. Also to encourage Nadia to get started! :P
I am happy to learn all the nursery songs regardless as I would like to know them and I think it really helps the kiddies to hear mummy practicing them too.
I realized this week that my flute lessons taught me to read music mostly in the treble clef and higher, not in the base clef so I have a learning gap as well as speed to pick up. Plus now I am learning solfege I feel like I am starting all over with reading music! Oddly enough this doesn't bother me at all. Happy to be a duck out of water.
Now if my relatives will all go home I can get some practice in! They are even using the piano table, the piano is on the floor!

I gave all adults the Nursery song with a purpose: they will be able to play them for kids :P

You definitely have an open mind, if learning Solfeggio is not bothering you. Since I flipped Grand Staff sideways I experienced an interesting observation: most of music educators, when they have to play from 1st and 2nd (vertical) presentation usually trying to turn their heads and neck to still see the notation horizontally. Only 2 people didn’t try to turn their neck and try to adjust their mind to the vertical Grand Staff. One of them was a renowned pianist Yuri Rozum www.yurirozum.com/ . It was so funny to watch this guy standing on his knees and playing ‘Hot Cross buns’ making mistakes. ‘You need more practice!’ – I said jokingly.
Yes, open minded people need more practice all the time! We never have any rest

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 05 Jan 2012 16:21 by hellene.

More
05 Jan 2012 19:52 #907 by Mandabplus3
Oh yes I remember turning my head first time. But I didn't play like that, I was consciously making the connections. However my daughter Natalya who plays piano actually couldn't play it in vertical format and I had to switch it to horizontal before she cried because she struggled so much. :) She will play all her piecec in horizontal from the beginning if she wants to. I tend to switch between the views fairly quickly.
I think the reason I an fine with "starting again" is because I haunt ever played piano before. I think if you tried to teach me flute with solfege my brain might protest more loudly.

More
06 Jan 2012 16:04 #924 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Oh yes I remember turning my head first time. But I didn't play like that, I was consciously making the connections. However my daughter Natalya who plays piano actually couldn't play it in vertical format and I had to switch it to horizontal before she cried because she struggled so much. :) She will play all her piecec in horizontal from the beginning if she wants to. I tend to switch between the views fairly quickly.
I think the reason I an fine with "starting again" is because I haunt ever played piano before. I think if you tried to teach me flute with solfege my brain might protest more loudly.

Well, let’s see, if your daughter would like to use vertical 2nd presentation for music sight-reading. Of cause, if she reads music fluently, she won’t need that.

Back to the Mozart

More
10 Jan 2012 10:07 #1038 by Mandabplus3
Hellene I was just wondering whether the music albums are in order of easy to hard? I am sure I could figure it out by looking but I won't be the only one needing the answer I am sure. I will need something a bit more challenging over the next couple of weeks ( once school starts back and I have some time!). The corriculum I have is probably a bit slow for me, should I proceed through it at a faster pace than 1 year and then ask questions? It does seem to be a nice progression and I am sure somewhere along the year I will slow down to the pace it sets! Or is there a better solution? Some things I am NOT picking up quickly ( note order/pitch) others I am ( the actual piano playing :) ). I just need and overview so I can plan ahead a bit, and I don't have time to read everything at the moment. At the moment I am learning nursery rhymes and songs that are useful for work so that's great!
From what I gathered so far we (adults) use the easy albums for sight reading practice working through the different views in gentle piano fairly quickly. Plus choose a piece or two that is more challenging to learn and memorize. If the albums are in order this will be easy for my brain to sort out :dry:

More
10 Jan 2012 19:59 #1054 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: Hellene I was just wondering whether the music albums are in order of easy to hard? I am sure I could figure it out by looking but I won't be the only one needing the answer I am sure. I will need something a bit more challenging over the next couple of weeks ( once school starts back and I have some time!). The corriculum I have is probably a bit slow for me, should I proceed through it at a faster pace than 1 year and then ask questions? It does seem to be a nice progression and I am sure somewhere along the year I will slow down to the pace it sets! Or is there a better solution? Some things I am NOT picking up quickly ( note order/pitch) others I am ( the actual piano playing :) ). I just need and overview so I can plan ahead a bit, and I don't have time to read everything at the moment. At the moment I am learning nursery rhymes and songs that are useful for work so that's great!
From what I gathered so far we (adults) use the easy albums for sight reading practice working through the different views in gentle piano fairly quickly. Plus choose a piece or two that is more challenging to learn and memorize. If the albums are in order this will be easy for my brain to sort out :dry:

Yes, we are planning to sort the pieces out by the levels in the close future!
It is not very simple to do ‘cause some ‘advanced’ pieces for some levels are ‘piece of cake’ for this exact level’s learners.
Let me take care of your development: please, record yourself playing anything. By watching I can understand your strongest and weakest points and give you perspectives, what pieces is better for your technique/coordination to learn next.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds