fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Manda Adult beginner First Month

More
27 Jan 2012 02:45 #1414 by Mandabplus3
This months wrap up!
Ok so according to the date it's been a month of soft Mozart for us so I though I would do a bit of a summary.
But first Happy Australia Day to you all :)
So the achievements first :cheer:
This month I learnt to play hot cross buns with two hands by memory almost perfectly :woohoo:
I can play Jingle bells two hands from memory.
I can play ode to joy, the French song and new years tree using the program, with both hands and get an almost perfect score.
I challenged my brain :S With the small fir tree, then passed on it! Life is too short, I will return to it later ;)
I learnt not only the solfege alphabet but the order of it from do to do to do as well as from re and me and FA up and back.
I played games that have improved my ear in pitch recognition. Yes I can tell there are improvements already!
Best score for guess key at 4:00 mins is 867
Best score on fruit lines at 5:00 mins is 616 and at 10 mins is 928 ( love this game)
Best score for note alphabet at 5:00 is 482 and at 11:00 mins 898. I think I beat that one yesterday but the computer turned off! Lol
The challenges next!
Finding time to practice with three kids also learning is a constant issue! Christmas and our holiday took about 12 days out of this month.
When you get visitors it is impossible to practice!
The computer has never been busier!
Our piano chair collapsed under me :angry:
And I burnt my finger while camping so lost use of one hand for a week :P
Next months goals!
Following Hellenes suggestions above regarding sight reading, and polishin a piece ( not sure which one yet :)) finding a regular practice time! Developing a system to keep everything organized. Start on requirements for recital. ( need a check list in PDF!) continue daily finger excersizes and continue to challenge myself and have fun learning.
The summary!!!!
Soft Mozart is worth every cent! I have learnt SOOOOO much and can clearly see myself continueing to learn. I love it, I am self motivated to practice, something I never was with my flute all those years ago! I can set my own challenges and play pieces that I enjoy or that I can use for work and fun with the kiddies :) finally I have made some lovely forum friends and got to learn from some beautiful hearted people. Thank you all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2012 04:26 #1417 by NadiaD
Manda,
First, Happy Australia Day to you!

Second: Congratulations on completing Month1 of learning Piano using Soft Way to Mozart! You made an outstanding progress!

I can totally relate to your goals:

Finding a regular practice time!
Developing a system to keep everything organized.
Start on requirements for recital. ( need a check list in PDF!)
Continue daily finger exercises.
Continue to challenge myself and have fun learning.

[/b]

Lets do them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
27 Jan 2012 06:37 #1422 by Mandabplus3
Yes I have all good intentions :) I will post the check list so you lovely ladies can make sure I included everything. I read that post so many times and only got a little clearer....

More
28 Jan 2012 02:16 #1453 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: This months wrap up!
Ok so according to the date it's been a month of soft Mozart for us so I though I would do a bit of a summary.
But first Happy Australia Day to you all :)

:woohoo:

So the achievements first :cheer:
This month I learnt to play hot cross buns with two hands by memory almost perfectly :woohoo:
I can play Jingle bells two hands from memory.
I can play ode to joy, the French song and new years tree using the program, with both hands and get an almost perfect score.
I challenged my brain :S With the small fir tree, then passed on it! Life is too short, I will return to it later ;)

It is just popular Russian New Year song. You will learn it when you will go to visit Russia, if it will happen during holiday season!

I learnt not only the solfege alphabet but the order of it from do to do to do as well as from re and me and FA up and back.

Now you will be able to correct your kids!

I played games that have improved my ear in pitch recognition. Yes I can tell there are improvements already!
Best score for guess key at 4:00 mins is 867
Best score on fruit lines at 5:00 mins is 616 and at 10 mins is 928 ( love this game)

There are really good scores for you as a beginner! Great job!

Best score for note alphabet at 5:00 is 482 and at 11:00 mins 898. I think I beat that one yesterday but the computer turned off! Lol
The challenges next!
Finding time to practice with three kids also learning is a constant issue! Christmas and our holiday took about 12 days out of this month.
When you get visitors it is impossible to practice!
The computer has never been busier!
Our piano chair collapsed under me :angry:

:lol:

And I burnt my finger while camping so lost use of one hand for a week :P
Next months goals!
Following Hellenes suggestions above regarding sight reading, and polishin a piece ( not sure which one yet :)) finding a regular practice time! Developing a system to keep everything organized. Start on requirements for recital. ( need a check list in PDF!) continue daily finger excersizes and continue to challenge myself and have fun learning.
The summary!!!!
Soft Mozart is worth every cent! I have learnt SOOOOO much and can clearly see myself continueing to learn. I love it, I am self motivated to practice, something I never was with my flute all those years ago! I can set my own challenges and play pieces that I enjoy or that I can use for work and fun with the kiddies :) finally I have made some lovely forum friends and got to learn from some beautiful hearted people. Thank you all!

good plans! you are very special! these Jacob's gloves won my heart once and for all :)

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds