fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Manda Adult beginner First Month

More
11 Jan 2012 21:31 - 11 Jan 2012 21:32 #1081 by hellene
Manda, I had forgotten to answer your question about the lesson plan.
Lesson plan is a general direction that is giving the idea, what is your goal and rout.
You can treat it creatively and follow your own pace. If you will keep me posted, we will come to rescue. ;)

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 11 Jan 2012 21:32 by hellene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 23:31 #1085 by Mandabplus3
no problem. SO todays challenge is to video myself, that will be entertaining :ohmy: I am on it! I am happy to have you guide me Hellene. I ask these questions from the point of view that as this forum gets bussier you will suerly not have time to sort out an individual corriculum for everyone will you? And since I am taking notes on everything I do as an adult beginner, I was looking for a more autonomous solution....along the lines of a corriculum for future beginner adults to follow. Probably knowing how organised you are you have it all in the pipeline already :)

More
12 Jan 2012 01:56 #1092 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: no problem. SO todays challenge is to video myself, that will be entertaining :ohmy: I am on it! I am happy to have you guide me Hellene. I ask these questions from the point of view that as this forum gets bussier you will suerly not have time to sort out an individual corriculum for everyone will you? And since I am taking notes on everything I do as an adult beginner, I was looking for a more autonomous solution....along the lines of a corriculum for future beginner adults to follow. Probably knowing how organised you are you have it all in the pipeline already :)

No, Manda, my plan is a bit different :evil:
We have many many I mean really many Soft Mozart trained teachers who can come here and help with all sorts of advices. Currently I am trying to get this army here to help all of the beginners like you are.

But I hear you: I will give you all the knowledge and skills to be independent.

Back to the Mozart

More
12 Jan 2012 04:24 #1096 by Mandabplus3
hmmm scary how well you know me already....I do like to be independant. My partner thinks its my best and my worst trait :P
So I have a video :) It was a first take or nothing, that was the rules Natalya set before agreeing to help me :whistle:
I started this song today so I played it twice with right hand twice with left hand then 3 times with both I started in presentation 3 as I seem to find it easier, I think my brain has already made the horizontal connections.... Anyway I was using this for sight reading practice and found it much harder with both hands (my left right coordination is still struggling :blush: ) but the video is the first effort on presentation 5. I dont remember what the score was (oops I forgot to right it down strait away!) but I was getting 46/48 plus 8 just after this video. I will take any advice, tips and critisisms ;)

I also beat my best score on guess key at 546 in 4 mins :woohoo: Four minutes is a good amount of time to play for me not to long that I get bored or interupted but long enough to get a flow going.
I played the Small Fir Tree yesterday. Note my score and time with both hands. I dont know this tune and I think my brain was about to explode! :whistle: This was by far the most difficult for me, apparently I do rely on my ear more than I thought. Tomorrow I will listen to the tune a few times and then play :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
12 Jan 2012 19:20 #1107 by hellene
Yes, picture worth a 1000 words! Video worth 1 m, I think

Amanda, you have strong hands and fingers and excellent fine motor skills. You will improve coordination with the program very soon, just watch Mr Ooops. He always appears being disappointed, when you releasing keys prematurely :lol:

Your right hand needs more improvement and I would recommend you to play Hannon#1 and Chromatic Scale using right hand first and after that with both. I noticed that when you play with your right hand, the wring finger and pinky are lifted up a little. It means that your thumb, index and third fingers are much much stronger and working for the all five most of the time.

The Hanon will help to use all the fingers equally. Just after learning it try to play it with metronome or rhythm section to keep steady motion in control. Increase speed time to time.

Chromatic scale will help you to keep the hands position properly over the keys.

I also would recommend for you to sing the notes Solfeggio during your learning songs sessions. Speech memory will help you to memorize music much faster.

Overall, I liked your video very much and was very happy to see you playing using both hands. Great job, Manda!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
12 Jan 2012 20:23 #1112 by Mandabplus3
Oh yes I see mr oops a lot! I am always getting a note just a bit too early or lifting too soon. Need to relax more. I will try taking a few deep breaths before I start, I think my busy hectic days are intruding on my piano time.
I had noticed that my ring finger was lazy on my left hand. When I practice Hannon I can tell it is the same with my pinky on the right. I know why...flute uses the fingers most in order from left to right so these ones are used less than half as often...
Now I need to organize a system to make sure I have time to practice finger techniques...it's easy to forget I havnt done it when I help 3 other kids doing it.
Also thanks for the singing tip, I realized I sing for the kids when they practice but rarely sing when I practice, which means I am missing out on making vital speak to muscle connections. I do sing for a while when I play the games.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds