fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 2 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
22 Dec 2011 01:05 #591 by NadiaD
Here is a video of Izabella learning to play the chords.
It was hard to take a quality video this time...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 01:51 - 22 Dec 2011 01:52 #592 by hellene
Nadia, it is WONDERFUL!

She already building the fine motor skills and 2 fingers coordination to play 2 piano keys at the same time. Just think about it! Was it nearly possible before?

I am very impressed! Just second week and such a progress!
About ‘press and hold’ – tell your DD a story about Mister Oops ( a little dwarf whom she sees every time, when lifting keys prematurely). Tell her that by lifting her fingers before a butterfly replace the flower she is… waking him up. This is why he is so disappointed.

Our animation is very intuitive. Soon enough, before you know it, she will be able to read the ‘signes’, where to press, keep pressing or lift her finger, but now she is at the beginning stage. I call it ‘every finger awareness’: right now all of her previously developed skills come together and build some sort of neurological ‘network’. This is exactly what we need!

At that point kids can’t even comprehend sounds and don’t realize that they are playing a song. It is like when they start reading and putting the letters together, they can’t hear the story that they read. Or (example that more close to adults) when we were starting to learn how to drive a car… Did we have enough room in our mind while looking at all the mirrors and taking care of all the pedals to enjoy the view outside the window?

But the miracle here is: the flow of the music will push your DD to develop the coordination much faster than any other activity. She knows the song and she knows, how it sounds. She wants to produce it – she tries harder.

Music and piano is the most powerful tool for child’s mind development. And I see it in making!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 01:52 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
22 Dec 2011 04:47 #594 by NadiaD
Day 3/ Week 2 of SoftMozart

We had another great day!

I am happy because today we worked on our weak spots a lot and I can see the improvement! And we haven't reached for the ice cream!

A. Theory:

We were learning Do to Do in descending order, using note line and SM flashcards. Did Solfeggio hopscotch, watched ppt with SM symbols.
No major breakthrough to report.

B. Finger Exercises:

Today we practiced playing from Do to Sol using 5 fingers, I showed it to her , and then she played it couple times with me helping her to place correct fingers on the keys with left and right hands. We will be definitely practicing this tomorrow as well.

We played couple of times Guess the Key game, after each session DD was allowed to watch a nursery rhyme clip.

C. Piano performance with Gentle Piano.

Today we focused on playing JB using Left Hand. She struggled , but you could clearly see the progress! The video that I posted does not reflect her very best attempts. Once she played that chord with her right hand by mistake and I was shocked how well she did. So now I understand that the hard part for her is not playing the chords where you need to reach the keys far a part, but playing those chords with her left hand. We will be working to eliminate this situation !

I totally agree with Hellene that these activities must be very beneficial for whole brain development. I can see her brain cells working hard to use the left hand to play the piano, imagine when she will be playing using 2 hands! What a workout for her brain that will be!

More
22 Dec 2011 08:12 #596 by lzp11
Nadia - you are AMAZING! If we make half the progress you are making then I will be very happy. I think that making the activity fun is really essential, especially at the beginning when it is quite new and and the kids can be put off by some of the challenges. I love your ideas of rewards - I will definitely try the Youtube clips (my DD loves nursery rhyme clips) and ice cream - why not?! We might try chocolate buttons if we need to ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
23 Dec 2011 01:50 - 23 Dec 2011 12:48 #639 by NadiaD
Thank you, lzp11, for cheering for us :) !
I agree that making the activity fun is really essential.

Day 4/ Week 2 of SoftMozart

Today we did a little bit of everything.

A. Theory:

We were learning Do to Do in descending order, using note line and SM flashcards. Watched ppt with SM symbols.
My DD still not getting idea of the order and pattern in the note line, she recites Do to Do back and forward by heart, but when I ask which note goes after Do she can not tell, the same story with guessing the flipped card...
To make our practices more fun and pleasant I made paper doll flashcards from Do to Do. I used Hellene's idea that notes on the Grand Staff lines are girls and their dresses are red, and the notes between the Grand Staff lines boys and their clothes are blue. I made Do and Re with black hear, Mi and Fa with Blond hair, etc. Hoping to explain that the girl is followed by a boy with the same hair color. DD enjoyed playing with the paper dolls and was gladly arranging them with my help, but still did note get the concepts...

File Attachment:

B. Finger Exercises:

Today we practiced playing from Do to Sol using 5 fingers, I showed it to her , and then she played it couple times with me helping her to place correct fingers on the keys with left and right hands.

Played JB using Left Hand.
Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 12:48 by NadiaD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
23 Dec 2011 15:34 - 23 Dec 2011 15:38 #649 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: Thank you, lzp11, for cheering for us :) !
I agree that making the activity fun is really essential.

Day 4/ Week 2 of SoftMozart

Today we did a little bit of everything.

A. Theory:

We were learning Do to Do in descending order, using note line and SM flashcards. Watched ppt with SM symbols.
My DD still not getting idea of the order and pattern in the note line, she recites Do to Do back and forward by heart, but when I ask which note goes after Do she can not tell, the same story with guessing the flipped card...
To make our practices more fun and pleasant I made paper doll flashcards from Do to Do. I used Hellene's idea that notes on the Grand Staff lines are girls and their dresses are red, and the notes between the Grand Staff lines boys and their clothes are blue. I made Do and Re with black hear, Mi and Fa with Blond hair, etc. Hoping to explain that the girl is followed by a boy with the same hair color. DD enjoyed playing with the paper dolls and was gladly arranging them with my help, but still did note get the concepts...

B. Finger Exercises:

Today we practiced playing from Do to Sol using 5 fingers, I showed it to her , and then she played it couple times with me helping her to place correct fingers on the keys with left and right hands.

Played JB using Left Hand.

Hi, Nadia!

You posts always make me happy - this one made me very excited!

There is a deep reason, why I colored the notes on the lines and spaces in red and blue. I described it in my book.

Couple of years somewhere in Siberia Soft Mozart enthusiasts had a show, where kids were presented as music notes and were wearing red and blue dresses.
Here is the link to the video:

You also will see Mister Oops dancing and singing his song and baskets from Fruit Line game.
I am very happy, when I see how my invention bring more inventions and creativity!

The concept of notes being 'boys' and 'girls' is basic and it is embeded in entire program. Your DD will get it before you know it ;)
Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 15:38 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, NadiaD, QueRiquita

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds