fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Week 2 of SoftMozart .// Toddler 28 months

More
24 Dec 2011 03:28 #669 by NadiaD
Day 5/ Week 2 of SoftMozart

Today was a good day, we did not do a lot, but managed to do all exercises in the lesson plan at least once.

We had a little breakthrough with the chords. Isabella's problem is that she is not pressing strong enough the keys and not holding them long enough, when playing chords. Of course the program is genius, because it give you all this prompts ( Mr. Oops, spiders, flowers butterflies) But sometimes my DD on purpose banning on the chords just to see Mr. Oops :S So today I told DD: " I want to see some butterflies, can you press and hold the keys until we will see beautiful butterflies!" She did and we were getting lots of butterflies.

Hellene, once again I would like to thank you for creating this amazing program! It is fun, beautiful, logical and follows musical rules! As they say: " You need to see it to believe it " , I would say you need to try it to believe it. I always heard good things about the program, but only after I tried myself using it to teach my DD, I fully understood how great it is!

Saturday and Sunday I plan to take off from posting progress updates. I want to stay away from the computer and enjoy Christmas with the family, but on Monday I will post our Week 2 Summary. I hope I will be able to take some videos too.

I excited to see that SM forum is getting busy! Love it! Can not wait for the next week !

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2011 05:09 #671 by andreasro
Merry Christmas to you too Nadia, and your family and Hellene and her team and everyone else on this forum!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NadiaD

More
24 Dec 2011 18:08 #678 by ttteh

NadiaD wrote: Day 5/ Week 2 of SoftMozart

Hellene, once again I would like to thank you for creating this amazing program! It is fun, beautiful, logical and follows musical rules! As they say: " You need to see it to believe it " , I would say you need to try it to believe it. I always heard good things about the program, but only after I tried myself using it to teach my DD, I fully understood how great it is!

Nadia,

Very well said. I also like that this program accelerate piano learning and kids and adult learn to progress gradually into reading notes. The results are amazing with minimal practice time. Of course more practice time is better :P. I love to read your post.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone in this forum.

More
26 Dec 2011 03:10 #689 by NadiaD
Days 6 and 7/ Week 2 of SoftMozart

Day 6 we did not practice a lot, I was busy getting everything ready for Christmas dinner.
Today, Day 7 we did a lot : Isabella played HCB and JB with Left and Right hands. To my surprise, even though we did not practice many times, her left hand improved significantly. I guess she is getting used to the program. Also for this past 2 days DD was singing the names of the notes while playing.
HCB:
L1: 14 out of 15 /25
R1: 20 out of 22 /36
JB:
L1: 31 out of 32/ 48
R1: 38 out of 45/ 61

I still have to be always behind DD, to keep her focused. Usually I put away all the distracting items and most of the time we do only one take of the song, as she is not interested to repeat the same part and because of that, always does more mistakes on the second take.

So this is the end of our second week using SM.
My DD started to use Left hand playing the piano, and if just last Monday you would tell me that she will be easily playing the chords by Sunday, I would have hard time believing it.
Little by little we doing 5 finger exercise. No great progress there to report.

I read the lesson plan for the 3rd week. We will be playing with 2 hands and practicing Hanon exercise #1 :)

My goal for the third week to squeeze in more piano practice in our days! Can not wait for tomorrow!

More
27 Dec 2011 00:34 #694 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: Days 6 and 7/ Week 2 of SoftMozart

Day 6 we did not practice a lot, I was busy getting everything ready for Christmas dinner.
Today, Day 7 we did a lot : Isabella played HCB and JB with Left and Right hands. To my surprise, even though we did not practice many times, her left hand improved significantly. I guess she is getting used to the program. Also for this past 2 days DD was singing the names of the notes while playing.
HCB:
L1: 14 out of 15 /25
R1: 20 out of 22 /36
JB:
L1: 31 out of 32/ 48
R1: 38 out of 45/ 61

The score is pretty remarkable for 2 year old toddler! Average time usually about 100+

I still have to be always behind DD, to keep her focused. Usually I put away all the distracting items and most of the time we do only one take of the song, as she is not interested to repeat the same part and because of that, always does more mistakes on the second take.

All this tells me that your DD blessed with great ‘grasping’ skills: goof memory, fast verbal development, quick thinking. I consider it as being a diamante mind and it is very important to have parents like you, Nadia. Diamante requires a good jeweler. You are on the right track! I believe together with the program we’ll teach your DD how to keep focus and extend her concentration skills.

So this is the end of our second week using SM.
My DD started to use Left hand playing the piano, and if just last Monday you would tell me that she will be easily playing the chords by Sunday, I would have hard time believing it.
Little by little we doing 5 finger exercise. No great progress there to report.
I read the lesson plan for the 3rd week. We will be playing with 2 hands and practicing Hanon exercise #1 :)

Good luck!

My goal for the third week to squeeze in more piano practice in our days! Can not wait for tomorrow![/quote]

Back to the Mozart

More
09 Mar 2012 01:53 #2432 by QueRiquita
As I'm sure so many others are/will be - I am so grateful for these posts!

Thanks to these, I'm considering NOT allowing Joey to 'goof off' so much in front of the piano. I realize that he's capable of so much more, now that I see how well your daughter is doing.

I wish I could figure out how to access the "Lesson Plans" you keep referencing. I have the 12 month access; Is the perpetual one needed?

I love the ideas you have too: the dolls, the stories, the story pictures. I think I will try to incorporate them as well :-)

Thanks again!!

PS - You inspire me to keep posting, too!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds