fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Lee - adult - 6 month update

More
08 Aug 2012 12:17 #5168 by lzp11
Well, I've been trying to practice as much as possible, although it is not always easy with to fit in!

Hellene set me three pieces to practice after the recital and I've been playing those.

Firstly, The Clown by Kabalesky. This was my favourite of the three, I really enjoyed learning this. I have uploaded a video although it is by no means my best performance, unfortunately I keep having a break between playing and I find that it is much harder to keep making progress than if I manage to play most days for even a short while. Here is is:

The next one was also a really nice piece: Garden by Maidapar. I think it is supposed to be staccato but I might need some help with the polishing of this one:

Finally, I am learning Old French Song by Tchikovsky. I found this one the hardest to get into, especially the left hand. It has taken me a long time to master this even with hands separately. But today I played both hands perfectly LH6 and RH6 and started on P5 with a score of about 196/206 so hopefully this will improve soon.

Hellene, I'm happy to have feedback about the above pieces and whether they need much more work. I'll try to post a video of french song within the next few weeks.

I've also been playing the summer games and enjoying practicing left hand chords and trying to hear them in different pieces. Very interesting, and easier each time, even when changing key. I've completed C major and two others (will have to check which ones!). Will update again soon :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2012 17:41 #5169 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: Well, I've been trying to practice as much as possible, although it is not always easy with to fit in!

Hellene set me three pieces to practice after the recital and I've been playing those.

Firstly, The Clown by Kabalesky. This was my favourite of the three, I really enjoyed learning this. I have uploaded a video although it is by no means my best performance, unfortunately I keep having a break between playing and I find that it is much harder to keep making progress than if I manage to play most days for even a short while. Here is is:

The next one was also a really nice piece: Garden by Maidapar. I think it is supposed to be staccato but I might need some help with the polishing of this one:

Finally, I am learning Old French Song by Tchikovsky. I found this one the hardest to get into, especially the left hand. It has taken me a long time to master this even with hands separately. But today I played both hands perfectly LH6 and RH6 and started on P5 with a score of about 196/206 so hopefully this will improve soon.

Hellene, I'm happy to have feedback about the above pieces and whether they need much more work. I'll try to post a video of french song within the next few weeks.

I've also been playing the summer games and enjoying practicing left hand chords and trying to hear them in different pieces. Very interesting, and easier each time, even when changing key. I've completed C major and two others (will have to check which ones!). Will update again soon :-)

Lee, I am so pleasantly surprised! Excellent job! I love the songs' flow, development of coordination and technique!

Now it is time to move to the next level of playing these pieces that I call POLISHING, or putting 'icing' on these 'cakes' ;)

For that let me introduce you to Soft Mozart new piano teacher, who is going to represent our invention in UK, because he lives, performs and teaches in London! :woohoo:
His name is Oleg and he is a gem!

I am training him for couple of weeks already and amazed, how talented and skilled he is.

Here is his short biography and resume:
mlessons.co.uk/about.html

I LOVE hiw interpretation of my favorite piece of Chopin:

He is also very funny. Here is his appearance in Britain's Got Talent 2012:

!

Oleg is going to help us with teaching on our forum, he will be available on Skype also!

I am very happy to have more help here with such young and talented people!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

More
10 Aug 2012 06:55 #5175 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - adult - 6 month update
That's great, I really look forward to getting some input from Oleg on the forum soon :cheer: He looks like a great character and also very talented pianist. It is very exciting to have more teachers supporting us here!

Hellene - I also have a suggestion that might help people who are learning piano using Soft Mozart without having one to one lessons with a teacher. You have a fantastic library of musical links on the site and on youtube. Is it possible to create a library of pieces that correspond to the music in the curriculum? Ideally gold standard or 'perfect' pieces so that when watching, we can listen several times and try to match our playing to that on the video. This might help us to learn to polish pieces more easily and independently. Maybe some of your best students or teachers could record some pieces for us? :)

More
11 Aug 2012 04:30 #5187 by andreasro
Lee, it's always a great pleasure to hear from you :) You're inspiring to me. You've learned a lot, your progress is big. You're practicing, that's sure :))

lzp11 wrote: Hellene - I also have a suggestion that might help people who are learning piano using Soft Mozart without having one to one lessons with a teacher. You have a fantastic library of musical links on the site and on youtube. Is it possible to create a library of pieces that correspond to the music in the curriculum? Ideally gold standard or 'perfect' pieces so that when watching, we can listen several times and try to match our playing to that on the video. This might help us to learn to polish pieces more easily and independently. Maybe some of your best students or teachers could record some pieces for us? :)

Great suggestion! Why don't you put it in the Suggestion Box section too? It's a great place to have all the suggestions people have and also maybe starting from an idea someone else with get one or more ideas and so on. What do you think?

Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

More
11 Aug 2012 21:42 #5192 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: That's great, I really look forward to getting some input from Oleg on the forum soon :cheer: He looks like a great character and also very talented pianist. It is very exciting to have more teachers supporting us here!

Yes! It makes me very happy to have more teachers, especially as talented as Oleg.

Hellene - I also have a suggestion that might help people who are learning piano using Soft Mozart without having one to one lessons with a teacher. You have a fantastic library of musical links on the site and on youtube. Is it possible to create a library of pieces that correspond to the music in the curriculum?

Absolutely! I was thinking about it most of the time! We even started to create this page www.softmozart.com/curriculum/music-library.html
But it seems like I have to expedite this by creating something more simple and useful from what we already have.

Ideally gold standard or 'perfect' pieces so that when watching, we can listen several times and try to match our playing to that on the video. This might help us to learn to polish pieces more easily and independently.

'Golden standard' will work for beginning pieces, but as for advanced... we'll find different interpretations on line, because there is so much FUN to hear different versions of one classic piece.

Maybe some of your best students or teachers could record some pieces for us? :)

Yes, I already gave some home works for some of them. It is going to happen this year!

I can not believe that this new site and new forum and new network came to life ... just year ago! We made so many wonderful things happen all together. I am very expired and looking forward to the new semester and very thankful for your ideas!

Back to the Mozart

More
11 Aug 2012 21:44 #5193 by hellene

andreasro wrote: Lee, it's always a great pleasure to hear from you :) You're inspiring to me. You've learned a lot, your progress is big. You're practicing, that's sure :))

Great suggestion! Why don't you put it in the Suggestion Box section too? It's a great place to have all the suggestions people have and also maybe starting from an idea someone else with get one or more ideas and so on. What do you think?

Andrea

We are very lucky to be pioneers, because we have the most talented and most open minded and creative people with us! Thank you, Andrea, for your support!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds