fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Lee - adult - 6 month update

More
12 Aug 2012 06:06 #5198 by andreasro

hellene wrote: Absolutely! I was thinking about it most of the time! We even started to create this page www.softmozart.com/curriculum/music-library.html
But it seems like I have to expedite this by creating something more simple and useful from what we already have.

Hellene,
When you have something new on the site and it's in a final state (or intermediate if you need reviews or ideas for improving) it's good to let the people know by creating a topic on the forum. A new topic in the right place attracts peolple to it and to the web pages created, and as you know ideas can come anywhere, anytime from many of us. It's just a reminder :P

hellene wrote: 'Golden standard' will work for beginning pieces, but as for advanced... we'll find different interpretations on line, because there is so much FUN to hear different versions of one classic piece.

Boy, what's the difference? :silly: I can't distinguish one interpretation from another unless I hear them alternatively I guess... in fact I never tried as I thought I wouldn't tell the difference anyway! :lol:

hellene wrote: Yes, I already gave some home works for some of them. It is going to happen this year!

Hooray!

Hellene, you're the "head of the operations" and under your lead things are done in the right direction ;) I wish I would meet you and parents and children and teachers on this forum in person... :( At least I have the chance to talk to you all online... ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2012 09:37 #5200 by Mandabplus3
Lee, I am so pleased to see your videos! I was loosing momentum. I also have been having gaps between practice sessions, a few days daily then a week off. It just isn't working. I make no progress this way. No progress is demotivating. Well to be fair I am sure I am making progress in some areas, but not where i want it most. I need to reshuffle my routine again to find regular practice time. Thanks for the motivation.
Regular short sessions have worked better for me in the past. They work for the kids too.

More
12 Aug 2012 17:44 #5203 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - adult - 6 month update
Manda - I completely know the feeling! It is hard to keep up the momentum! What helped me was that Hellene set me 3 pieces and suggested that I try to learn them by August. Would it help you to choose 2 or 3 pieces and then set a date of maybe 2 months to work on them? I didn't get them all done in time but without a deadline it could take me forever to get anywhere!!
And just 5 minutes more regularly is worth more than a long session once a week so I'm going to try to work on this too.

Hellene - thanks for posting the link to the music on the curriculum. Is this music recorded by your team or is it from the Gentle Piano game? I listened to the Clown - it sounds quite similar to pressing "S" on the keyboard. It is quite fast and a bit scary to me! I would love to be able to watch a range of interpretations of the piece, iincluding 'polishing' and ideally also to be able to see the fingering on a video! Like Andrea, I don't think I would necessarily recognise the differences at first, but maybe with time I could learn. As a beginner it would help to have some guidance as to the level that the piece is being played at so I can understand whether I should be trying to copy the way that particular pianist is playing.

I just searched for The Clown on Youtube and listened to several different renditions, I guess i was able to hear that some seemed faster and more polished. There were varying levels of staccato! I'm still not entirely sure what im aiming for.

But a huge thanks Hellene - it is great to hear what you are planning for the site!! I'm very excited.

More
13 Aug 2012 10:29 #5215 by Mandabplus3
Thanks lee. I am still playing and so are the kids, it's just been really haphazard. Really I needed to just choose a piece to challenge myself with. Once I have a challenging piece that I enjoy working on I always seem to find time to practice finger excersizes and bang out the easier pieces in between. I think i need to give the girls a challenge each too.
I played a few times today thanks to your motivation and comments. These forums are gold for feeding the enthusiasm. I just got a little side tracked getting other things going. There are sadly a limited number of hours in each day. Keep up the great work!

More
13 Aug 2012 22:41 #5220 by Oleg
Replied by Oleg on topic Lee - adult - 6 month update
Hi Lee,

I would be happy to help you to POLISH your pieces. I think you have reached the moment when you need a life teacher to pass you the piano tricks and to correct your posture and hands position. Also i think you need to upgrade your keyboard to touch sensitive or even better to 88 weighted keys or even to real piano.

Then you will be able to work on dynamics and articulation.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Oleg

More
14 Aug 2012 08:39 - 14 Aug 2012 08:40 #5221 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Lee - adult - 6 month update

Oleg wrote: Hi Lee,

I would be happy to help you to POLISH your pieces. I think you have reached the moment when you need a life teacher to pass you the piano tricks and to correct your posture and hands position. Also i think you need to upgrade your keyboard to touch sensitive or even better to 88 weighted keys or even to real piano.

Then you will be able to work on dynamics and articulation.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Oleg

Hi Oleg

Thanks for your comments.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm in a position (financially or timewise) to manage one to one lessons, which is why I find this forum such an amazingly valuable help to my piano learning.

I will see what I can do about the keyboard. It's an issue of space (as I need to keep the smaller keyboard for when my young children start learning) and money again, but I might be able to use an old electic piano with semi weighted keys if I can get it to work with the the Soft Mozart software. Or perhaps I could just use this once I've memorised the pieces to reduce the technological issues! My mum has an upright piano that I try to play when I visit (about every 1-2 weeks), but there's definitely no room for one at our house!!

I might be able to squeeze in occasional lessons (maybe one a month at the most) when the kids are in bed or at weekends, so I'll have a think about that and speak to my husband about the finances ;)

In the meantime, I wonder if you are able to provide any input / suggestions about posture, hand position and polishing on the forum? This will be very useful, not just for me, but for everyone visiting the forum and learning piano with Soft Mozart :)

Thank you!!
Last edit: 14 Aug 2012 08:40 by lzp11.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds