fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Cayla 3 y/o with Down Syndrome

More
16 Aug 2012 20:01 - 16 Aug 2012 20:32 #5241 by Mrs.Post
Cayla's latest video.

We've not been good about piano this summer. That is my fault. We decided to re-do floors and my husband's book project has meant that all of my education materials have been nearly inaccessible most of the summer. Plus the kids are gone on vacations which means that they have sporadic attendance. But, we now have a spot for the keyboard that is always set up and hope it stays that way for some time.

She's been doing well and loves to practice. We are still not at two hands - she has to think too much between each note...we just added Ode to Joy to her play list. I am going to enter it into Little Musician so we can learn to sing it also. That will help her I think.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2012 20:32 by Mrs.Post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon, Galka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2012 07:08 #5243 by andreasro
Sonya, you are a great daycare provider! I love the video! Glad to see Cayla has someone like you around and such stimulation in her life! Well done Cayla, keep going sweetheart! :kiss:

More
17 Aug 2012 18:19 #5246 by lzp11
Sonya you always inspire me! Cayla is doing brilliantly - her concentration is much better than my 3-year old. Such a lovely video to watch. Thank you for sharing with us :)

More
18 Aug 2012 01:01 #5248 by Mrs.Post
Thanks for reading and watching. You guys are always and encouragement to us. Actually the whole forum is. I just love watching and hearing about the progress of others.

Cayla is amazing not me. And this program is amazing. I just sit back and say - "Alright keep going." and "Now what do you need." and "Today our goal is to do it ourselves. So, don't look at me look at the screen." I think that is all I say. The rest she does. She loves to play music. I use it to bribe her to do reading.

More
18 Aug 2012 05:03 #5250 by andreasro

Mrs.Post wrote: I use it to bribe her to do reading.

Good idea! I like "bribes" like this. I use similar things with DS1. They work because in efect the bribe itself is or becomes in time a pleasant or fun thing :)

More
19 Aug 2012 22:16 #5260 by hellene
Sonya,
I am sorry to be late with reply!
I watched the latest video and was AMAZED, how baby Cayla had been progressed since the first video.
She is focused and all into the music score. Her coordination improved a lot.
Thank you so much for sharing this experience with all of us! It is very expiring to see how this little girl is learning.
Karma to you!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds