fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Cayla 3 y/o with Down Syndrome

More
31 May 2012 22:45 - 31 May 2012 22:46 #4217 by Mrs.Post
Hey, we are super excited. Since today was a rainy day, we spent the whole day on music. We got some pretty good footage of Cayla and want to share it with all of you. She had to earn this progress so we are super excited. She usually doesn't look back after every note for confirmation, you can see that the last 3 notes she played, but she was on camera and loving it.

Last edit: 31 May 2012 22:46 by Mrs.Post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the Moon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2012 10:41 #4257 by Mandabplus3
Wow that is really amazing. I can see just how much work you have done with her. She knows which notes are next to the one she played, knows the note names and location on the keyboard, knows which hand she is supposed to use and even showed evidence of potentially using more than one finger. That is quite incredible from a three year old with downs syndrome. How does she react when you play it? She seems quite tuned in to the piano sounds. She may already have perfect pitch for a number of those notes, although I don't know if she would ever let you know. Great work, thank you for sharing. Can't wait to see more.

More
04 Jun 2012 01:29 #4259 by Mrs.Post
She has this song memorized. She can play it almost all the way through without assistance, but she loses focus very easily. Normally she plays while sitting on my lap. This was the first time all on her own.

I don't get much of a reaction when I play. She is at the stage where she wants to do everything "self".

She loves Little Musician and loves music in general (I use it as a bribe to get her to do LR). You are probably correct that she has developed pitch for some of the notes. It's hard to know - her speech isn't quite there yet. Her fine motor skills are getting better so I am hoping in the next couple months we'll move to using more than one finger and by the time she is four perhaps 2 hands. I think just getting her to memorize more songs will help.

More
06 Jun 2012 13:51 #4295 by the Moon
Dear Mrs Post! You have a big respect from the bottom of my heart! Cayla is amazing! Well done!

More
06 Jun 2012 23:57 #4303 by Mrs.Post
I'd love to claim the credit for her good looks and her amazing talent, but she is not my child. :-( I am her daycare provider. But thank you for the encouragement. She is making slow but steady progress and she has been a delight to our family.

More
08 Jun 2012 18:28 #4323 by hellene
Sonya, you have A LOT of patience and your heart is made from gold. Keep these videos about Cayla coming!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds