fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Jaykob age 4 4th month with soft mozart

More
18 Apr 2012 23:40 #3008 by Mandabplus3
for earlier posts see 3rd month
www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...tml?limit=6&start=24
2nd month
www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...ith-soft-mozart.html
first month

Wow what a morning :)
Jaykob has started to learn Jingle bells. He was learning Ode to Joy because it is a bit easier but it wasnt holding his interest, so we decided to try Jingle bells. Here is part of his 2nd attempt

I love that he sings an octave off at times :)

After this he wanted to play Hot Cross Buns, he always does :woohoo:
I decided to challenge him and put it on view 2. He was shocked that it could be read without the pictures! "mummy how will I know which one?" Just sing Jaykob you can do it! so he did, and he could :woohoo: :woohoo:
So I showed him view 6 just for a laugh, and of course he wanted to play it too!!!! So he did, and he could! I got a bit on video just because the Ipad was next to me.

He did the first two lines before he realised it was hard work! LOL but I was impressed he learnt to read Mi and Do on such a small scale. Oh he was facinated by the fact that the spider shrunk to sooo tiny too :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2012 23:11 #3106 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: for earlier posts see 3rd month
www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...tml?limit=6&start=24
2nd month
first month

Wow what a morning :)
Jaykob has started to learn Jingle bells. He was learning Ode to Joy because it is a bit easier but it wasnt holding his interest, so we decided to try Jingle bells. Here is part of his 2nd attempt
I love that he sings an octave off at times :)

After this he wanted to play Hot Cross Buns, he always does :woohoo:
I decided to challenge him and put it on view 2. He was shocked that it could be read without the pictures! "mummy how will I know which one?" Just sing Jaykob you can do it! so he did, and he could :woohoo: :woohoo:
So I showed him view 6 just for a laugh, and of course he wanted to play it too!!!! So he did, and he could! I got a bit on video just because the Ipad was next to me.

He did the first two lines before he realised it was hard work! LOL but I was impressed he learnt to read Mi and Do on such a small scale. Oh he was facinated by the fact that the spider shrunk to sooo tiny too :silly:

I always enjoy watching your videos, Manda.
Jacob is a man: he wants to explore new things and having a low voice ;)
I think, he is making more and more progress! I am very proud of him!

Back to the Mozart

More
22 Apr 2012 17:49 #3129 by lzp11
What amazing progress Jaykob is making Manda - you are both doing such a great job, it is always very inspiring. :cheer:

My DD is having a short break from practical piano lessons, although we continue with powerpoints etc.

Can't wait to get started again - just need to wait a couple more months, hopefully :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
22 Apr 2012 20:01 #3136 by hellene

lzp11 wrote: What amazing progress Jaykob is making Manda - you are both doing such a great job, it is always very inspiring. :cheer:

My DD is having a short break from practical piano lessons, although we continue with powerpoints etc.

Can't wait to get started again - just need to wait a couple more months, hopefully :)

She will join us for sure! No escape! ;)

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
22 Apr 2012 23:58 #3148 by Mandabplus3
I think with the little tiny ones it's more a case of knowing when they are physically "potentially" capable of pressing piano keys, rather than their attitude. Jaykob was such a goose to start with and I often felt like I was wasting my time but i figured that in the end even if all he does is press DO and know it is Do then I am well ahead of your average music lesson for his age group :cheer: His concentration increased dramatically with continual practice. Some of it was due to other activities we did at the same time ( intensive alphabet recognition and some hand writing practice) but i think most of it was due to the fact I just didn't give up.
As soon as you even think maybe she's ready then get started, set the bar low to start with. I was aiming for him to be pressing a few notes while concentrating that's all! To happily do a whole song now amazes me. From playing with gloves to jingle bells in less than 4 months! Amazing.

More
23 Apr 2012 00:06 #3151 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: I think with the little tiny ones it's more a case of knowing when they are physically "potentially" capable of pressing piano keys, rather than their attitude. Jaykob was such a goose to start with and I often felt like I was wasting my time but i figured that in the end even if all he does is press DO and know it is Do then I am well ahead of your average music lesson for his age group :cheer: His concentration increased dramatically with continual practice. Some of it was due to other activities we did at the same time ( intensive alphabet recognition and some hand writing practice) but i think most of it was due to the fact I just didn't give up.
As soon as you even think maybe she's ready then get started, set the bar low to start with. I was aiming for him to be pressing a few notes while concentrating that's all! To happily do a whole song now amazes me. From playing with gloves to jingle bells in less than 4 months! Amazing.

And you know what? The 'start with gloves' part was very unique. I will never forget that part! :lol:

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds