fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Manda Adult Beginner

More
24 Apr 2012 22:19 #3207 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Manda Adult Beginner

Mandabplus3 wrote: Wow Diage ( how do you spell that name?) learnt a lot in two months, he must be much more dedicated to his practice than I am :) great to see someone else playing them. Thanks.
So up next..I need to bring out my inner cowboy hey :silly: :cheer:

Manda, no worries! ;)
He hadn't been married and had no kids at this time :lol:

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2012 01:21 #3214 by Nguyen
Replied by Nguyen on topic Manda Adult Beginner

Mandabplus3 wrote: MUSIC BLOCK TIPS :)
B) listen to the piece (press s)
B) change views up a level so you can read the notes further ahead on the screen
B) play something harder, when you go back to it it WILL be easy!
B) Sing it in solfege (in key optional but prefeable for all listening :P )
B) wait 2-3 days and try again
B) play it with unlabeled notes view 2,4,5,6, when you go back to labeled notes it will look easy!
B) play Fruit Lines instead (yes, give up for a while!)

These music tips are useful. I found myself get the improvement with some of tips Manda have given above. for example, with a new song, I listen to the piece (press S), then play RH after that LH. Sometimes It is tough to remember the rhythm of the song, I quit for a day. The 3rd day I come back to play, I use to Press P3 (press P3 teach me the note duration) and I also rememner the rhythm. Final steps, I press P6 to get used to a real piece.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
07 May 2012 09:32 #3494 by andreasro
Replied by andreasro on topic Manda Adult Beginner
Congratulations, Amanda, for your progress! You're one of the adults here who inspire me ;)
I have a lot to read, few months of posting from you all! :lol:

Please share tips as always, it's time saving! :P

More
07 May 2012 09:58 #3499 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Manda Adult Beginner
Welcome :) Glad my posting is useful to you. I think that summarising the tips I think up as I play is great to remind me what to focus on. I jot down anything I think of in the same book I write my scores in, makes for interesting reading at times :silly: but helps with the posting!
Biggest tip so far, if you get stuck try something harder! (harder song, harder view, faster speed) I cant believe how often that works!
Cant wait to hear all about your journey!
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
20 May 2012 09:11 - 20 May 2012 09:13 #3934 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Manda Adult Beginner
I have been playing daily for the last week or two. I havnt been challenging myself much. I actually decided to spend some time consolidating my knowledge. It has been ages since I played any of the beginning songs and I have spend my time memorising some pieces for the recital. I dont often memorise them completely because...well I dont really like it much :dry: I prefe the challenge of learning new pieces :) I know polishing is a big part of learning to play so I am glad of the recital..it gave me a reason to do it!
I have encountered a problem. When I have learnt a piece (memorised it) and I go to play it I can never remember how to start it off. I draw a mental blank on how the tune goes and the starting notes. I often have to look up the music just to get started. then I can continue from memory. I remember having this problem learning guitar (dont get excited I didnt learn anything!) and flute too. I wonder how I can train myself out of this problem over the time I learn to play?
I have been playing some nursery rhymes for the kids (yep the entire neighbourhoods kids!) and really enjoyed that, they sang along and I tried to keep up!. I remembered that was why I wanted to learn in the first place! I will load some video of that when I get some (tricky :unsure: )
I had my mum staying yesterday, she plays piano but hasnt had access to one for years (they spend their days in a caravan moving around Australia) so I put the program on for her. It took her a while to get the flow of the program but she had a jolly good time. I was stiring her up (of course! :P ) telling her Jaykob can get a better time on that piece ;) so try harder nana! :lol: anyway she was quite impressed overall with the program and our progress :)
Oh if anyone has some tips on how to learn that note order in 20 seconds I am all ears! I cant even read it that fast let alone memorise it! HELP!
Last edit: 20 May 2012 09:13 by Mandabplus3.

More
21 May 2012 19:40 #3951 by lzp11
Replied by lzp11 on topic Manda Adult Beginner
Forcing myself to polish pieces has also been really good practice for me. It took my playing of the pieces to a whole new level that I doubt I'd ever manage without fully memorising the piece.

I do sometimes get brain block with the start or one section of a piece. I try to remember the first note and hand position of the piece. Then it all seems to flow from there.

For the do re mi recording I downloaded an audio recording app to my iPad. Then I just practiced for 5-10 mins every day! I was amazed that I managed it after 3-4 days. Good luck - you can do it!

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds