fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Manda Adult Beginner

More
24 May 2012 02:06 #3989 by Nguyen
Replied by Nguyen on topic Manda Adult Beginner

Mandabplus3 wrote: I have encountered a problem. When I have learnt a piece (memorised it) and I go to play it I can never remember how to start it off. I draw a mental blank on how the tune goes and the starting notes. I often have to look up the music just to get started. then I can continue from memory. I remember having this problem learning guitar (dont get excited I didnt learn anything!) and flute too. I wonder how I can train myself out of this problem over the time I learn to play?

I see the problem that you have encountered. All the tips that I overcome when I dealt with difficult pieces.
First, I listen to the pieces (press S) (then sing the notes ) that really help to memorize tune.
Second, I play the piano (both hand or right hand depends the pieces is easy or difficult) with singing the notes, too.
Third, I listen to several different versions of piece. For example, The Joy of the man’s desiring I listen to a song (a singer sing that song in youtube), and other pianists playing it.
Forth, I feel that I practice piano before going to bed and practice it after getting up in the morning that improve my memory of piece.
All helps you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2012 03:30 #3990 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Manda Adult Beginner
Thankyou! What great advise. I was sitting back reflecting on your wise words and it just made so much sense..I wonder why I didnt think of it myself :) Sometimes we need someone to point out what is working for us.
So I notice that the pieces that I learnt and practiced mostly just before bed were the harder ones (the kids didnt need to see me practicing them as much) and I always learn the tricky ones singing solfege. These are the ones I can remember. Its the easy ones that didnt tax my brain as much that I forget. I think I need to play those ones More and sing solfege too.
I supose with more practice my ear will get good enough that the tune itself will be enough for me to know where to start. Heres hoping! Thanks again.

More
03 Jun 2012 10:45 #4258 by Mandabplus3
Replied by Mandabplus3 on topic Manda Adult Beginner
Well I survived the recital. :woohoo:
Another month is over and I need to do a review but I just wanted to let you all know how much I enjoyed todays practice without the pressure of having to record something and load it to utube :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds