fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Manda Adult beginner 3rd Month

More
21 Mar 2012 09:37 #2602 by Mandabplus3
Helene I have a couple of questions

My little fingers constantly stick up in the air when I play. I have been doing my Hanon and they stick up during that too. I consiously try to get them to rest lower but they wont naturally do that. It is a fall back position from both flute and the Thai dancing I used to do. How can I encourage them to behave? It is causing stress on my hand/finger muscles, mild but I can see it needs to be fixed if I want to play more. Any tips?

What order should I sight read the albums in?

Lee what are you sight reading now? I am sure Helene gave me some guidance on that but I can't find her answer :( hopefully she will chime in.
I think working through an album slowly is a good idea, in the past I have sat down and done a whole album at a time. I think I will set myself a standard that I have to sight read something ( anything!) before I play gentle piano. I really need to get my reading skills up, my kids keep asking me these questions I can't answer! Lol
I find sight reading much harder and more stressful than gentle piano! My left hand has no idea what it is doing :S My right hand is not too bad....
The game of the month was supposed to be that treble clef game, but I think I need the base clef game much more!
Oh i also need to link the do re me to the CDE because Jaykob keeps asking me what the notes are on tweedlewink. I wish they gave both CDE and DO RE ME for each note! Bahahaha my kids are overtaking me so fast I have to race to catch up so I can keep teaching them more!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2012 04:56 #2607 by Mandabplus3
So to make up for my laziness with the games I decided to sit down and finish fruit lines today. I set aside plenty of time...and finished it in 22:01 with a score of 2095! Much quicker than I expected...funny thing is I have come so close to the end about 4 times and not known that another minute would have completed the game LOL

More
23 Mar 2012 18:24 #2630 by dean13
Great job Manda, you were so close before and never new it :)..............

More
23 Mar 2012 20:24 #2631 by Mandabplus3
Thanks Dean. Yep a number of times I got the the last screen and just didn't click that that would be the end...my brain was wondering how Helene could have made it harder for the next level :) I decided to finish it because you wrote that you had and I thought it would be a good solution to my slackness in playing the games lately :) thanks for the motivation. I was quite surprised to do it in 22 minutes I had set aside 45! I could have done it twice LOL

More
24 Mar 2012 23:47 #2635 by hellene

Mandabplus3 wrote: So to make up for my laziness with the games I decided to sit down and finish fruit lines today. I set aside plenty of time...and finished it in 22:01 with a score of 2095! Much quicker than I expected...funny thing is I have come so close to the end about 4 times and not known that another minute would have completed the game LOL

Amanda, in fact, the teachers, who have to pass the exam to get 'Soft Mozart' certificate, have to finish this game in about 20 minutes.
It looks like you have a credit! :woohoo:
Next time we'll come back to the game, you have to play it in different language (ABC?)

Back to the Mozart

More
25 Mar 2012 07:18 #2641 by Mandabplus3
Lol ABC would be less of a challenge for me! At least I have some working knowledge of treble clef notes. I could do it faster I reckon.
So how fast can this game actually be played? I am sure i can do 20 minutes ;)
I shall move onto the next game for a while. Guess key would be the most beneficial for me followed by base clef game....I wonder how close I am to the end of guess key? Lol

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds