fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Manda Adult beginner 3rd Month

More
03 Mar 2012 01:13 #2328 by Mandabplus3
my first month is here
www.softmozart.com/forum/33-progress-dia...first-month.html#737
my second month is here
www.softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-exp...inner-2nd-month.html

SO now for the third month :woohoo:
Today I started to play Rodesky March from Favourite classics 1 for no reason other than Helene mentioned it in a reply to me :) Curious as ever I got strait on it :)
I have taken a photo of my scores so all can see the progression. I started in view 1 which is quite unusual for me (usually I start in 3) but I didnt realise as I am quite used to seeing both now because of the kids. You can clearly see my accuracy improves when I sing solfege SIGH. If only I would remember that! I was loosing about 6 seconds over three bars 6-9 so I may cut them for further practice. Sometimes I think its easier to just play the whole piece each time than spend the time cutting, I guess as I do it more I will get faster at it. This is right hand only, which I will do until I get to about time 10 and have it memorised. I have memorised all but those few bars.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2012 21:30 #2350 by lzp11
Great improvements!

I find the quickest way to cut is to play up to the point that I want to start to cut and then press control enter. Then I just play up until I've finished the difficult section. Then I often don't mark the end of the piece but just press P or R or L to go back to repeat this section several times. You don't get a score for the section but it's a quick way to practice a few difficult bars.

Then you can clear it when you want to start again from the beginning.

I had to do a lot of repetition of some tricky sections in my last piece, and I kept messing up different sections of the piece each time so I got very quick at this!!! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
03 Mar 2012 23:04 #2354 by Mandabplus3
Thanks Lee I think that's the trick, the cutting needs to be quick or you may as well just start over. I doubt I need a score for the bits I cut yet, perhaps as the piece get more complicated I might, for self esteem :silly: thank you

More
04 Mar 2012 20:09 #2380 by lzp11
I found I preferred to get a score for the whole piece rather than the short sectionsas I was repeating some bits so often I would have used up half the book to keep recording :lol:

Sometimes I will also just go back a few bars using the arrow keys (you can use back and up) and that's also pretty fast

More
17 Mar 2012 01:53 #2562 by Mandabplus3
I have been practicing at least every second day ( along with my son but my girls have been slack...well actually busy) I have noticed a few things worth mentioning.
Firstly I have been neglecting my piano games. I actually haunt done any games for over 2 weeks. Sadly I can tell :( my ear isn't as....in tune. I haven't lost the ability to recognize the two notes I can now identify but I feel I have lost the confidence with them. Also i havnt played fruit lines and it has effected my ability to sight read. Sigh. So my advice,now to you all don't neglect your games!
So since I have spent my time on learning songs in gentle piano, I am having lots of fun. I really enjoy learning music with the big pretty moving notes, it's so low pressure! It's easy to do even after a hard day, I find it relaxing and self motivating.
I am working my way through favorites classics 1, there are a number of songs I enjoy in that album.
I am working towards polishing the Laughing Song currently my best score is 107/108 plus t10 both hands. I can't reliably get 108 at that speed though! :angry: I have most of it memorized but prefer to follow the music still.
Radesky march hasn't improved yet, well score hasn't but timing is better, I can play it with more feeling.
I started Largo just for a change. I am now at the point of memorizing the right hand with a score of 70/71 plus t15. The girls like this one and both have had a crack at it. I encourage them to have a go even if it's too hard for them. They seem happy to have a shot in the dark and have new respect for mummy's piano skills now lol
I also went back to the introductory songs album and played through it to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. Interestingly now that I am playing more complex pieces they are quite easy to play with rhythm and feeling. I can also play them both hands together strait of the bat. Before I had to do right then left then both each time I sat at the piano to refresh my mind.
Progress is a wonderful thing!
So I need tips on how to encourage myself to do more sight reading, and I need to remember to find time to play those games again.

More
20 Mar 2012 15:26 #2585 by lzp11
Manda I am exactly the same, I have been neglecting my games too!! I think because I find playing music more fun than the games, so I'm more motivated to do this.
Hellene - maybe we need a new game of the month?!! :lol:

The progress you have made sounds great - so important to keep this in mind when we get frustrated with a particularly tricky piece (this happens to me a lot ;) )

Do you have an album that you are using for sight reading practice? Which presentation do you use? I quite enjoy the sight reading because it's a little less pressure in some ways especially if the pieces are more straightforward than the ones I'm trying to 'perfect'. Maybe pick one album and try to work through it over a set period of time (a month?). What about the one for the May recital? You can also have an aim for your accuracy level. I try to play each piece accurately with less than 5 mistakes by the 5th time of playing it, which is not always possible but I do try! It's getting harder as I'm also trying to speed up my pace whilst keeping the accuracy. Hmm, maybe I need to set myself a target for both accuracy and speed!

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds