fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2021-2022

Titus, 10yo, Michigan, USA, Level 1

More
12 Jan 2022 18:31 #42571 by juliguli
Thank you for the suggestion. We did try it more and it has been helpful, though Titus is somewhat reluctant to do that because he says he can do it without the blue line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2022 18:45 #42572 by juliguli
November Lessons 11-14

Piano Technique and Exercises

Ear Training and Dictation

Music Theory

Reading Letter 3:

Practicing Letter 4:

Doing the Royal Second and Tonic Fifth exercise:

Piano Performance and Sight-reading

Music Appreciation

Enjoying Dance of the Hours with sisters:

Practicing Dance of the sugarplum fairies:

Just Titus sharing his love of piano and Soft Mozart with his youngest sister:
Attachments:

More
14 Jan 2022 20:24 - 20 Sep 2022 09:47 #42712 by juliguli
December's lessons got Titus really excited when Lesson 15 had a picture of him!

A few notes from this past month: We did have a bit of trouble with the letters. The letter 5 link in Lesson 15 was in Russian and though I know Russian, Titus does not and he was somewhat discouraged, but at first I translated and then we found the letter via another means. Also, in Lesson 17, the Music Theory video was in Russian and I could not find an English version of it to show Titus. Also, the LMZ file in Lesson 17 was not for Letter 6, but still the same as for letter 5 (about the Maid of Honor and Princess subdominant).

None of this stopped us from thoroughly enjoying our lessons and learning a lot! Thank you for all the hard work and effort, especially into making all the lessons into more manageable and easy to access chunks, when they are broken up by lesson, so we can focus on a lesson per week, and each lesson is also so helpfully broken up into the different sections, like exercises, ear training etc.

December Lessons 15-18

Piano Technique and Exercises

Ear training and Dictation

Music Theory

Fruit Lines

Piano performance and Sight-reading

Music Appreciation

Appreciating the Pentatonix version of Sugar Plum Fairy. Titus kept repeating it over and over and over!

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Sep 2022 09:47 by Аким.

More
15 Jan 2022 05:29 #42724 by hellene
A few notes from this past month: We did have a bit of trouble with the letters. The letter 5 link in Lesson 15 was in Russian and though I know Russian, Titus does not and he was somewhat discouraged, but at first I translated and then we found the letter via another means. Also, in Lesson 17, the Music Theory video was in Russian and I could not find an English version of it to show Titus. Also, the LMZ file in Lesson 17 was not for Letter 6, but still the same as for letter 5 (about the Maid of Honor and Princess subdominant).

Juli, first of all. THANK YOU for such beautiful pictures and videos.

Second, please, always let me know, what is wrong with lesson plans. The workload is huge and I was trying to find helpers. It did not workout. What a mess! We will do our best to fix everything!

Back to the Mozart

More
17 Jan 2022 07:23 #42966 by hellene
All the mistakes are fixed.
Please, check and let us know!

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: juliguli

More
07 Mar 2022 20:30 #43595 by juliguli
I realize that this is probably still something being worked on, but as we went into January lessons, I realized how much I appreciated all the work that has gone into updating the lessons by lesson # as we had September-Dec as opposed to monthly, as we have starting in January in Level 1. The lesson by lesson breakup really made each week approachable and I knew exactly what to assign. The monthly lessons are still quite helpful, but less clear and I'm not always sure I am having him practice the right things in the right order and progressing well, since I don't play the piano skillfully, and really, Soft Mozart is what we have to thank for our kids having any kind of musical ability. In the other one, the lesson by lesson one, the progression of things has been really made clear. This is not to complain, but to say thank you for all the hard work that has gone into updating the lessons in such a way. I realize that level 1 isn't all the way updated, but with the girls, Prep A and B are and that is really helpful for us as a family, so thank you!

Janurary Lessons

Ear Training

Zhuchka melody from memory and Dictation

Piano exercises and Performance

Polovetzian Dance no mistakes!

Piano Sight-reading

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds