fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2016-2017

Marie, 4 years, UK

More
18 Sep 2016 11:09 #24375 by missflute
Marie, 4 years, UK was created by missflute
I'm sorry I have been terrible at reporting Marie's results recently... but she has been practising most days over the summer holiday.
Here are some of her most recent scores with some of the pieces we have been looking at.
We have also been trying Black cat White cat in each hand separately.

Guess key game: 313 points, 2:21
Haydn Symphony theme: 97/108, 57
The Hen: 53/63, 55
Mozart Springtime song (cut): 71/74, 65
Wooden Shoe dance: 105/110, 62

I will post 2 videos shortly to show progress. I have loosely been following prep A but I think I need to study the lesson plans further and stick to them better! I have mainly been going with tunes that Marie enjoys learning, and that seem to be challenging her.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2016 14:30 #24382 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Marie, 4 years, UK
I am so happy that you follow up with the curriculum. I love the nambers that your daughter is making and looking forward to see the videos!

missflute wrote: I'm sorry I have been terrible at reporting Marie's results recently... but she has been practising most days over the summer holiday.
Here are some of her most recent scores with some of the pieces we have been looking at.
We have also been trying Black cat White cat in each hand separately.

Guess key game: 313 points, 2:21
Haydn Symphony theme: 97/108, 57
The Hen: 53/63, 55
Mozart Springtime song (cut): 71/74, 65
Wooden Shoe dance: 105/110, 62

I will post 2 videos shortly to show progress. I have loosely been following prep A but I think I need to study the lesson plans further and stick to them better! I have mainly been going with tunes that Marie enjoys learning, and that seem to be challenging her.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: missflute

More
21 Sep 2016 04:26 - 21 Sep 2016 05:00 #24386 by missflute
Replied by missflute on topic Marie, 4 years, UK
Thank you. Here is Haydn Symphony Theme, and also Wooden Shoe dance (she made up a little song to go with it!) - as usual, when we make a video it didn't go quite as well as it normally does! I think I should try to video without her noticing next time.

Last edit: 21 Sep 2016 05:00 by missflute.

More
22 Sep 2016 12:51 #24392 by hellene
Thank you very much for sharing the videos! It helps a lot to see the development of your daughter and it is very impressive.
It is in fact really good that she knows about camera running. It helps her to learn how to concentrate in a spot light. Keep doing this for the sake of her development! ;) Music piece doesn't care much :P
She is a very bright girl and goal oriented too!
The pieces that you gave her are much above her age. They are difficult in many different ways and require a lot of developed skills.
Did you chose the Theme from the Surprize symphony, because we need it for the music appreciation? We have much easier version in Prep Level Fav. Classic.
She is doing a very good job sight-reading the piece, though. If you want her to improve mastery of playing, it is better to give her something from the 1 level. Let her make a perfect score, memorise a piece and polish it with the TEACHING VIDEOS.

When I was watching her second video, I was impressed with her singing and playing at the same time. It is not very easy! Your daughter is multitasking! This is wonderful! You can find the teaching video on this song and ask her to try to play right or left or even both hands with it.

Your daughter is very bright! Keep your hard work. It shows!

Back to the Mozart

More
22 Sep 2016 12:53 #24393 by hellene
PS
Some friendly technical suggestions:
If you will keep your phone horizontally, the picture on the video will be better.
It will also help to give the videos some titles.

Back to the Mozart

More
26 Sep 2016 08:10 #24405 by missflute
Replied by missflute on topic Marie, 4 years, UK
Thank you, I am learning these tips all the time and it is very helpful! I will keep the phone horizontal.
And yes I didn't realise there was an easier version of surprise symphony (I did choose it because of music appreciation). We will look at that and try and polish it .
I agree that Marie needs to work more on perfecting some easier pieces and we will also start to try without using the music. Do you have any particular suggestions for suitable pieces?
Do you think I should continue to look at Prep A for lesson plans?
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds