fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2015-2016

Starting January 2016. 3 children.

More
26 Feb 2016 13:08 #22195 by hellene
Sorry, Lorenn, I missed this post earlier!

lorenn@3 wrote: Dear Hellene,
Since my kids started in January, you (Hellene) suggested beginning in level Prep C, but now they have transitioned to level one pieces this month. And on the other hand the curriculum is designed to be completed in a year starting in September.

The piano pieces and the rest of the curriculum can be different. Common practice in music schools is to have individual approach in teaching instrument and group approach in teaching other subjects.

So my question is where exactly in the lesson plans my two older kids (Annamaría and Christian) ought to be (level and segment). We intend to follow the curriculum and eventually get a diploma.

Please, complete Prep and if you have no problems with it, follow with the 1 level.

I have been trying to follow your advise and we are doing very good in the Gentle Piano part of the curriculum. However, about the other activities... I don't know exactly where we are and whether we are missing homework, skipping some activities or doing everything in a disorganized manner. Should we do the 6th segment (Feb-March) of level C so we finish in September? And try to check if there is something missing from previous segments.

I will be able to answer this qustion, if I would know in more details, what you do and how. Please, look at Ariana, Eliana and Liliana progress diaries. They are the most detailed.

-Like for ear training we are missing singing Do to Do, Re to Re and Mi to Mi and Fa to Fa songs?

I didn't understand this question. Are you singing the scales?

-In terms of music appreciation they have always listen to classical music. Maybe just make sure they know the composers and of the musical pieces names?

We offer classical music upon hand on experience. Therefore, it is better to follow the lesson plan: it design to sight-read and even write down the themes from the classical masterpieces. It enhances the overall appreciation experience,

-They are familiar with the notes in both notations so playing the Games they are doing a good job.

Our goal is to bring familiarity to a strong skill, when every note is recognized on the fly.

-The Theory Theatre: They have watched the videos.

In the videos are a lot of hidden layers that they will discover in future.

-Piano exercises they are working on the 4 basic exercises (Do Scale, Chromatic Scale, Triads and Hannon 1 hands together).

We have different levels in playing the exercises: slow, with saying music notes, with metronome, in differen speed etc.

-I also got the material for writing and dictation but I don't see any of this in the segments for level C.
Please let me know what you think. I hope to soon understand and get used to de program and don't bother you so often. :)

We are going to start working on this in summer (look at the summer curriculum section)

BTW I am very happy with my kids progress so far. I wish I had found the Soft Mozart method earlier.
Thanks in advance.

Thank you! Soft Mozart is not strict. Once you will understand the logic, you will be able to easily build your own curriculum.

The basic principals are:
- from concrete to abstract
- from elementary to more advance
- from general to details

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: lorenn@3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds