fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2015-2016

Starting January 2016. 3 children.

More
06 Jan 2016 21:27 - 06 Jan 2016 23:33 #21486 by lorenn@3
Starting with a 2 year old (Isabel) and two older kids. A 7 year old (Christian) who has just finished the Suzuki piano book 1 and an 8 year old (Annamaria) who was half way book 2. We don't plan to continue with that method. The older one recognizes the name of the notes as A B C D... both in the piano and the grand staff but her sight-reading is SLOW. Really slow. I wonder what level should I put the two older kids in. They have been playing the games and do in some introductory songs like ode to joy and jingle bells so far. I was thinking maybe start with level 1. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2016 23:33 by lorenn@3. Reason: Adding more detail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2016 17:16 - 07 Jan 2016 17:17 #21491 by hellene
Hello, Lorenn@3!
Welcome!

lorenn@3 wrote: Starting with a 2 year old (Isabel) and two older kids. A 7 year old (Christian) who has just finished the Suzuki piano book 1 and an 8 year old (Annamaria) who was half way book 2. We don't plan to continue with that method. The older one recognizes the name of the notes as A B C D... both in the piano and the grand staff but her sight-reading is SLOW. Really slow. I wonder what level should I put the two older kids in. They have been playing the games and do in some introductory songs like ode to joy and jingle bells so far. I was thinking maybe start with level 1. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend to start ALL children with Prep levels. The curriculum is unique: we teach ear training, music appreciation, sight-reading and many more subjects. The skills that children will develop will serve them in their higher education.

So, for your 2 year old I developed Prep A level. We have an expert in our forum - ZNatalia - www.softmozart.com/community/profile/13666-znatalia.html I recommend you to follow her since she is my trainee and she teaches children as young as 2 as a mom and a piano teacher.
For 7 and 8 year old children Prep C is the best. They will pass it very quickly, but it will be essential foundation for them for all the future development.

Just in case the link to the Lesson Plans are here: www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans.html

If you want to be in contact with teachers and advance parents, keep your progress diary, It is a little time consuming, but very helpful... Oops. You already here :P

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 07 Jan 2016 17:17 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lorenn@3

More
08 Jan 2016 08:02 - 08 Jan 2016 08:05 #21492 by lorenn@3
Thank you Hellene for you quick and complete response. I'll follow your advice.
I have two more questions: If I keep a progress diary how often you'd I post? Maybe at the end of each segment at least or more often? And also. Should I open separated topics (progress diaries) for each child or continue in this one? Thanks in advance again.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2016 08:05 by lorenn@3.

More
08 Jan 2016 15:18 #21497 by hellene

lorenn@3 wrote: Thank you Hellene for you quick and complete response. I'll follow your advice.
I have two more questions: If I keep a progress diary how often you'd I post?

At the very beginning the more the better to make sure that you are in the right track. Pictures and videos are very helpful. Another suggestion, don't hide problems! The more information we receive - the better will be able to assist you

Maybe at the end of each segment at least or more often?

Play by ear and choose the most comfortable way ;)

And also. Should I open separated topics (progress diaries) for each child or continue in this one? Thanks in advance again.

Yes! Each learner will be happier to have their own room and I will be happier too since it will be easier for me to watch the progress and make sure that everything goes smoothly.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: lorenn@3

More
18 Feb 2016 22:39 - 24 Feb 2016 11:42 #22122 by lorenn@3
Dear Hellene,
Since my kids started in January, you (Hellene) suggested beginning in level Prep C, but now they have transitioned to level one pieces this month. And on the other hand the curriculum is designed to be completed in a year starting in September. So my question is where exactly in the lesson plans my two older kids (Annamaría and Christian) ought to be (level and segment). We intend to follow the curriculum and eventually get a diploma.
I have been trying to follow your advise and we are doing very good in the Gentle Piano part of the curriculum. However, about the other activities... I don't know exactly where we are and whether we are missing homework, skipping some activities or doing everything in a disorganized manner. Should we do the 6th segment (Feb-March) of level C so we finish in September? And try to check if there is something missing from previous segments.
-Like for ear training we are missing singing Do to Do, Re to Re and Mi to Mi and Fa to Fa songs?
-In terms of music appreciation they have always listen to classical music. Maybe just make sure they know the composers and of the musical pieces names?
-They are familiar with the notes in both notations so playing the Games they are doing a good job.
-The Theory Theatre: They have watched the videos.
-Piano exercises they are working on the 4 basic exercises (Do Scale, Chromatic Scale, Triads and Hannon 1 hands together).
-I also got the material for writing and dictation but I don't see any of this in the segments for level C.
Please let me know what you think. I hope to soon understand and get used to de program and don't bother you so often. :)
BTW I am very happy with my kids progress so far. I wish I had found the Soft Mozart method earlier.
Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2016 11:42 by lorenn@3. Reason: Adding info

More
25 Feb 2016 14:22 #22194 by lorenn@3

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds