fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi there!

More
12 Jul 2018 08:43 #30005 by kmt7
Hi there! was created by kmt7
I'm a mother of 3 daughters, 11,8 and 2. We have joined the program approx. 1 month ago.
My 2 yr old is currently over her relationship with Mr Oops and is now progressing nicely trying to use her fingers after weeks of figuring out how to make him appear constantly.
My 8yr old is progressing very well and is a very keen learner in this program. Plays hot cross buns, The mulberry bush and Surprise Symphony. Will post in progress diary.

My 11 yr old has memorised how to play
"In the hall of the mountain king" quicker than I thought but really needs more practice in making it flow continuously. Although I now do not know what the next step for her is at the moment.
Overall my goal is for all my girls to enjoy and appreciate music and be able to read write and play the piano. As long as there is enjoyment, all is well with me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2018 15:22 #30009 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi there!
Dear kmt7, welcome!

kmt7 wrote: I'm a mother of 3 daughters, 11,8 and 2. We have joined the program approx. 1 month ago.
My 2 yr old is currently over her relationship with Mr Oops and is now progressing nicely trying to use her fingers after weeks of figuring out how to make him appear constantly.

How cute! I described this stage in the article about Attention span. Did you have a chance to read it?

My 8yr old is progressing very well and is a very keen learner in this program. Plays hot cross buns, The mulberry bush and Surprise Symphony. Will post in progress diary.

OK

My 11 yr old has memorised how to play
"In the hall of the mountain king" quicker than I thought but really needs more practice in making it flow continuously. Although I now do not know what the next step for her is at the moment.

Are they following the lesson plans? We have TEACHING VIDEOS for polishing the performance. Here is the link to the piece 'In the Hall...'
First, practice with the video 1 (with metronome)
after that with the video 2

www.softmozart.com/forum/55-teaching-vid...ssics-2.html?start=6

Overall my goal is for all my girls to enjoy and appreciate music and be able to read write and play the piano. As long as there is enjoyment, all is well with me.

For that I suggest you to follow our lesson plans. Prep A for your 2-year-old and Prep C for 11 and 8.
Here is the link: pianolearningsoftware.com/pages/soft-mozart-academy

Back to the Mozart

More
14 Jul 2018 15:06 #30015 by kmt7
Replied by kmt7 on topic Hi there!
Hi Hellene,
I have read your article so I wasn't too worried when Kaleera had a fascination with Mr Oops and couldn't sit through "Hot cross buns". She now knows what needs to be done and her attention span had increased definitely.

Both Kiya and Kaleera have been following your program. But Kataya my 11 yr old, started with Hot Cross Buns then Surprise Symphony and her confidence grew? She wanted to play In the hall of the mountain king(her favourite) and she did. She is not interested in all the Nursery Songs like Mulberry Bush ect you have on Prep C. So should I make sure she goes though with these in order to stay with the program?

With the "First, practice with the video 1 (with metronome)
after that with the video 2"
Do you mean that Kataya plays simultaneously with the video? So many questions..

I have another question about following the Prep A and C. What other videos am I required to post in the Progress Diary to let you know that the segment is completed and to move on to the next segment?

More
14 Jul 2018 20:58 #30016 by hellene

kmt7 wrote: Hi Hellene,
I have read your article so I wasn't too worried when Kaleera had a fascination with Mr Oops and couldn't sit through "Hot cross buns". She now knows what needs to be done and her attention span had increased definitely.

Thank you very much for letting me know. Many adults don't realize that toddlers are completely different 'species' and their attention flow is different from us. I am glad that you know that and now having control over the situation. It will help you in future in learning all different subjects - not just musical.

Both Kiya and Kaleera have been following your program. But Kataya my 11 yr old, started with Hot Cross Buns then Surprise Symphony and her confidence grew? She wanted to play In the hall of the mountain king(her favourite) and she did. She is not interested in all the Nursery Songs like Mulberry Bush ect you have on Prep C.

The Nursery Songs 0 are just for sight-reading on 2, 4, 5 and 6. The goal is to make no mistakes with minimum seconds. These Albums are great for eye-hand coordination development also.

For the performance let's work on Fav Classic 1 and 2.

So should I make sure she goes though with these in order to stay with the program?

For sight-reading? Yes.

With the "First, practice with the video 1 (with metronome)
after that with the video 2"
Do you mean that Kataya plays simultaneously with the video? So many questions..

I am glad you asking them! This is exactly why we have forum here...

Yes, simultaneously with me. Like on this video for example

I have another question about following the Prep A and C. What other videos am I required to post in the Progress Diary to let you know that the segment is completed and to move on to the next segment?[/quote]

Back to the Mozart

More
14 Jul 2018 22:54 #30018 by kmt7
Replied by kmt7 on topic Hi there!
Hi Hellene,
I have another question about following the Prep A and C. What other videos am I required to post in the Progress Diary to let you know that the segment is completed and to move on to the next segment?

Also in the sight reading section of Prep C, they do not necessarily need to memorise the piece but just play it following the GP?
Many thanks in advance.

More
15 Jul 2018 09:27 #30019 by hellene

kmt7 wrote: Hi Hellene,

Videos or photos will work. The more materials you share - the better feedback you'll receive.

Also in the sight reading section of Prep C, they do not necessarily need to memorise the piece but just play it following the GP?
Many thanks in advance.

Absolutely no memorization! In sight-reading our goal is quantity only. We have to teach kids to grasp lines and spaces on the fly. This is exactly why we don't use 1 and 3 presentation with names of notes. Set a goal: make no more then 5 (4, 3, 2, 1) mistakes in the entire Album.

It is important to have a notebook and write every score down to see the progress.

If you memorize the piece, you pretend reading. However, we want to train our eyes to deal with music notation 1 on 1.

Off topic. May I ask? Do you have school year in Australia now?

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds