fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

How to teach her which finger to use?

More
31 Dec 2011 00:13 - 31 Dec 2011 19:54 #787 by bk
Hi everybody,

I'm new here on the forum and I have a question, that I didn't find the answer for.

My DD is now 2 years and 10 months old and we started to play today. She has very big difficulties to play the different sounds with different fingers. She always wants to use the second finger. How could I teach her this? Do you have any good suggestions / experiences?

Thank you very much! I'm very thankful to have found this forum!

Regards,
BK
Last edit: 31 Dec 2011 19:54 by bk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2011 01:10 - 31 Dec 2011 01:16 #795 by NadiaD
I am sure Hellene will give you her opinion.
But from my experience using the program with my DD, also 2 year old, I realized that in the beginning I should let her use any finger that is more comfortable for her... Then later once she becomes more familiar with the song gently remind her to use proper finger placement.

Welcome to the forum!
Last edit: 31 Dec 2011 01:16 by NadiaD.

More
31 Dec 2011 01:20 #797 by hellene
Yes, Nadia is absolutely right.

Your DD right now is building eye/hand coordination and preoccupied with completely different problems (for instance, she has to match 2 different fields of view). At this point I recommend do not worry about what finger to use and joke that beginners (even adults!) can use even nose to play!
By learning piano key sequence and orders of notes with the Flash cards – a song and getting more familiar with the pictures and over all setting your DD finally would be more opened for fingers suggestions.
Playing the piano exercises also contributes big time to the ‘finger management’ situations.
Please, keep in mind that unlike all other existing approaches in teaching piano Soft Mozart letting beginners of any age to SEE a note and a key and their connection. Therefore, we do not start with the finger numbers since it is the way of playing keys and notes blindly relying on muscle memory.
All the students come to the right fingering naturally with no force.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: ttteh, andreasro

More
31 Dec 2011 19:52 #805 by bk
Nadia & Hellenne,

Thank you so much for your answer! This is really good news, as I don't want to take away her joy for playing the piano.

Until when can I let her play everything with the second finger? I think, after a while I should surely show her the right finger-settings, so that she learns this also.

I wish you a Very Happy New Year and only the best!!!

Regards,
BK

More
31 Dec 2011 20:44 #806 by NadiaD
I see a point in bk question.
It would be very helpful if SM Team would make some videos in addition to Lesson Plan. Most of the parents here do not have any piano experience so this would be a great help!
For example :
Week 1-3: Playing HCB with R, L and both hands. Proper fingering and hand position.
The parents will have an idea how the playing of the song should eventually look and little by little try to teach the proper finger placement if child is interested, if the child is not interested, then just wait , and practice it by themselves!

More
01 Jan 2012 17:45 #812 by hellene

NadiaD wrote: I see a point in bk question.
It would be very helpful if SM Team would make some videos in addition to Lesson Plan. Most of the parents here do not have any piano experience so this would be a great help!
For example :
Week 1-3: Playing HCB with R, L and both hands. Proper fingering and hand position.
The parents will have an idea how the playing of the song should eventually look and little by little try to teach the proper finger placement if child is interested, if the child is not interested, then just wait , and practice it by themselves!

Well, good point!
We are going to provide videos of how to play different songs!
Stay tuned!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds