fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Developmentally Disabled - Suggestions Anyone?

More
24 Jan 2013 02:04 #7885 by Mrs.Post
This is better than my idea thank you. I think starting her out playing Hanon with one finger up and back and then a different finger up and back and then combining the two is a good idea. From the searching I've done, going at it one finger at a time and then adding just a finger seems to be the best approach. I think I will ask her to practice her songs with different fingers so they get a chance to play piano also.

As a side note, we started taking her to Suzuki Violin lessons with my 2 y/o. She graduated from the foam-a-lin to a real violin in 3 weeks. We are very excited. Though I feel like much of my day is now spent in music lessons of one kind or another. :silly: :side: :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, andreasro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2013 13:35 - 25 Jan 2013 13:35 #7934 by andreasro
Olga,
thank you very much for your answer! It's helpful for many of us, with or without special children!

Sonya,
Aunt QL, piano teacher, will answer the Russian topic, try to keep an eye there too. I will put there the translation for every answer, like in my last message there: http://softmozart.com/forum/16-qq-/7867
.html#7933[/url]
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 13:35 by andreasro.

More
25 Jan 2013 15:11 #7936 by Mrs.Post
Thanks Andrea!

More
03 Feb 2013 13:00 #8142 by Mandabplus3
Sonya please remember just how long it took her to learn the right hand with just one finger. Mark that time on a calendar from now and don't expect any results until that date! :P
I took her months of daily practice! And she still uses just one finger. That second hand with more than one finger will take a lot of Sonya patience. Enjoy the ride :)
Amazing results on the Suzuki lessons. Good ground work from your endless music lessons ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellene, Mrs.Post

More
03 Feb 2013 15:58 #8147 by Mrs.Post
Manda,

You are right. I ahould have more patience. And I should learn to be a better teacher. In my typical fashion, I was giving her too much to chew. As The Moon mentioned, we should eat this elephant in bites.

However, I don't think it is going to take as long with both hands, or should I say using more than one finger together, as it did one finger. The first year was spent figuring out the notes and then how to play them. Now we know how to do that. Now we just need to get our fingers to work. And The Moon, for others interested, had wonderful suggestions. She can now play one octave of hanon with both of her thumbs, and her index finger of her RH. We haven't put any of this together, just getting her weak little fingers built up before we try putting it together. Plus, like learning to read notes, we are attempting to get her to understand what I want from her - that is probably the biggest challenge as I am the teacher - poor girl. :oops:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mandabplus3

More
05 Feb 2013 03:49 #8197 by hellene

Mrs.Post wrote: Manda,

You are right. I ahould have more patience. And I should learn to be a better teacher. In my typical fashion, I was giving her too much to chew. As The Moon mentioned, we should eat this elephant in bites.

However, I don't think it is going to take as long with both hands, or should I say using more than one finger together, as it did one finger. The first year was spent figuring out the notes and then how to play them. Now we know how to do that. Now we just need to get our fingers to work. And The Moon, for others interested, had wonderful suggestions. She can now play one octave of hanon with both of her thumbs, and her index finger of her RH. We haven't put any of this together, just getting her weak little fingers built up before we try putting it together. Plus, like learning to read notes, we are attempting to get her to understand what I want from her - that is probably the biggest challenge as I am the teacher - poor girl. :oops:

Sonya, here is what I think: her vision is overstimulated right now with all the colors and pictures. I would go for 'cleaner' keys with bold 'hints'.

Did you see this video?

First, Ms C can play the left hand using to index fingers with help of special stickers, after that she will be able to use only one hand to play chords.

As for right hand, I would go back to HCB and 'assign' 3rd finger to E (Mi), second to D (Re) and 1st to thumb - C (Do) and would 'pay' her ' butterflies' or 'flags' each time, when she would follow the instruction.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro, Mrs.Post

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds