fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

Developmentally Disabled - Suggestions Anyone?

More
16 Feb 2013 20:44 #8398 by Mrs.Post
Hellene,

Thanks so much. So here is where we are! I have gotten lots of advice and we've implemented it in stages.

Yes - cleaner keys. I pulled all color stickers off the keyboard. It only helps when using LM. What I've figured out from using a magnet staff and SM note heads is that all the kids - including Cayla can properly place the notes on the staff. They are all reading music at a basic level. So, the colors were not helpful.

Next - with the advice from Beth at melody.me.uk/ and suggestions from The Moon we had Cayla start playing do-do using her thumb, then her index finger and then her pointer. We've been doing this for a couple weeks now. She can play do-do with her left pinky finger and her right thumb at the same time!!!!!! Yeah for her!

On Friday we introduced the do finger, re finger etc. With my help we played HCB. She was very frustrated but understood what we were trying to do. The little pumpkin kept at it and she can play do-mi and mi-do. It is slow and she picks up her entire hand and has to think about what to do next before she plays the key, but that is to be expected.

She is making excellent progress.

If anyone is interested in helping children with Learning Diaibilities play music I would recommend the resource melody.me.uk/ Beth was very helpful and responded to my query quickly. I don't see any reason why these children should be left out. I also appreciated that she has high hopes and expectations of these special children like I do.

Hellene, I am so grateful that you have invested yourself in this program. I know that last few months and probably years have not been easy going. I think about Cayla a little over a year ago before I found you. She had a love and passion for music but her only avenue for enjoyment was listening. It was slow going at first but a year later she can read music and play and play and play. She is just 4. I don't think we will ever know what kind of lasting effects this program has had on her. Anyway, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2013 06:34 #8412 by Mrs.Post
Here is Miss Cayla learning to use her left thumb to play the scales:

The following user(s) said Thank You: andreasro

More
23 Feb 2013 20:54 #8491 by Mrs.Post
Miss Cayla played HCB through with her entire RH this week:

Numbers:

Thursday HCB 13/68 11/56 11/75
Guess Key 3/104 5/115 3/82

Friday HCB 13/38 14/36 13/36
Guess Key 5/104 2/91

She hates guess key. But that is the easiet starting place for the other "games".

More
02 Mar 2013 23:03 - 02 Mar 2013 23:05 #8591 by andreasro
AuntQL posted few videos and their description. I translated each, see the links below to the Russian thread:

Pauline, a 6 year old cute little girl, learning to play left hand. Here's the translated message and video description .

Pauline and Nutcracker piece: Here's the translated message and video description

Pauline and Guess Key game: http://softmozart.com/forum/16-qq-/7867
.html?limit=6&start=18#8590[/url]
Last edit: 02 Mar 2013 23:05 by andreasro.

More
03 Mar 2013 02:44 - 03 Mar 2013 02:57 #8598 by andreasro
Last edit: 03 Mar 2013 02:57 by andreasro.

More
05 Mar 2013 19:10 #8660 by hellene

Mrs.Post wrote: Hellene,

Thanks so much. So here is where we are! I have gotten lots of advice and we've implemented it in stages.

Yes - cleaner keys. I pulled all color stickers off the keyboard. It only helps when using LM. What I've figured out from using a magnet staff and SM note heads is that all the kids - including Cayla can properly place the notes on the staff. They are all reading music at a basic level. So, the colors were not helpful.

Yes, I already wrote it in the book 'You CAN be a musician'. Colors apply to our vision and sounds and speech - to our hearing. Therefore, the speech memory (sounds of music) and pitch are best promoters of music ear.

Next - with the advice from Beth at melody.me.uk/ and suggestions from The Moon we had Cayla start playing do-do using her thumb, then her index finger and then her pointer. We've been doing this for a couple weeks now. She can play do-do with her left pinky finger and her right thumb at the same time!!!!!! Yeah for her!

Yes, each finger awareness is very important! In every language we have special songs for it. In USA it is 'Eency-beency spider'. In Russia - 'Soroka-Soroka'. I think our lady C. can receive a 'music dollar' now for each correct finger in HCB. It would motivate her to use different fingers more often. Can't wait to meet her in person!

On Friday we introduced the do finger, re finger etc. With my help we played HCB. She was very frustrated but understood what we were trying to do. The little pumpkin kept at it and she can play do-mi and mi-do. It is slow and she picks up her entire hand and has to think about what to do next before she plays the key, but that is to be expected.

Fingers awareness in making! ;)

She is making excellent progress.

If anyone is interested in helping children with Learning Diaibilities play music I would recommend the resource melody.me.uk/ Beth was very helpful and responded to my query quickly. I don't see any reason why these children should be left out. I also appreciated that she has high hopes and expectations of these special children like I do.

For kids with special needs music making is essential tool for brain/mind development.

Hellene, I am so grateful that you have invested yourself in this program. I know that last few months and probably years have not been easy going. I think about Cayla a little over a year ago before I found you. She had a love and passion for music but her only avenue for enjoyment was listening. It was slow going at first but a year later she can read music and play and play and play. She is just 4. I don't think we will ever know what kind of lasting effects this program has had on her. Anyway, thanks!

Sonya, the success of my students is making us strong and encourage us to keep going. This is only way of the best inventions to survive and to be promoted.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs.Post

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds