fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Learning experience

PROGESS IN PIANO PLAYING SKILLS

More
04 Mar 2012 20:32 - 04 Mar 2012 21:06 #2381 by lzp11

pianolover wrote: I was in between motivation and frustration when I watched the videos. But then again I thought: If I look back, I couldn't even play a single chord. It is possible to learn, though. We just need to find out our own motivation. Thanks for the message.

I feel the exact same way! Whilst learning March I was shifting between motivation and extreme frustration (or fury) but I am very stubborn so I could not let it beat me :lol:

It is easy to get caught up in the small stuff but then when you take a few steps back and look at the big picture you realise how far you have come!

I have never memorised any music prior to seeing this recommendation by Hellene. But when I was thinking more about it I realised I could not recall seeing many great pianists reading the music as they play!!! So I thought I would give it a try. On the one piece I have tried so far it seemed to make a difference to how well I could play it in the end with all the subtleties of the piece and expression etc. Not needing to read music also gave me some space to think about fingering which I hope will translate to other pieces of music.

I would be interested to hear what you think if you ever try this!

My method with both hands is to muddle through the whole piece very slowly several times and then gradually speed up the easier sections and highlight the more difficult ones that need lots of separate practice and repetition.
Last edit: 04 Mar 2012 21:06 by lzp11.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2012 01:31 #2561 by Mandabplus3
I was thinking about why we memorize the music. I figured it was because then we can play it anytime anywhere. I also considered the possibility that it's just good for our memory. Then the idea that it's good for our muscle memory. I think I like your idea best, once a piece in mostly memorized ones brain has space to work on the polishing, louder here, staccato here.....
Personally to learn a piece I follow the right, left then both idea. To learn both I just start at the beginning and play the whole piece over and over. Eventually you will get to a point where most of it is at the correct speed and easy and one or two bits will need extra practice so I will cut them til they are perfect (ish :) ) I don't enjoy doing it bit by bit as I like the music...not bits of it...hope that makes sence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds